Reviews of Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Amazing gentlemen's scent. To my nose similar to several scents including Cool Water, Hugo Boss and Paul Smith (which don't come close to GIT). But they are similar with Hugo Boss being the most similar to me. GIT smells of sophistication. I have worn this for more than 10 years and will always have a bottle in my collection. Enjoy!
15th May, 2016
Fresh and pure...

What a great smelling fragrance! It really feels like walking through the countryside on a cold, dewy morning... with the aromas of the vegetation and greenery mixed with that cold, damp air!

To me there is a lot going on here. Lemon verbena, moss, some orris, sandalwood and ambergirs. It's an incredible smell. I think this is quite pleasing and inoffensive, everyone will like this. On the other hand, I do feel that looking back, even though it is a great example of it's kind, it's not as incredible a smell as people make it out to be. That's probably because it's a victim of it's own success I guess. The comparisons to the aquatic fragrances seem to knock this down a little. I for one like it very much, but the comparisons are there.

Again, as with all Creed fragrances, it's up to you to decide whether to spend the money for a full bottle or not. If it smells great to you, and you have the money, sure. I do appreciate what it does but I still think there are a host of fragrances which have copied this at a lower price point. A victim of it's own success perhaps, but still a great classic of male fragrances. Very very good!
20th April, 2016
If i spray my car tyre with cool water and do a burn out and then smell it, it will smell like GIT. I have no idea how come not even a single creed fragrance has ever impressed me.
11th April, 2016

Breathtaking verbena opening, leading to masculine florals sitting on top of that shimmering ambergris base. One of my most worn fragrances.
31st March, 2016
An awesome classic. Emanates a calm feeling of confidence and luxury. GIT is it.
18th March, 2016
Such hype for this one, classic status as well. I was prepared for something tweedy, sharp, pungent, sort of a citrus chypre, considering the ingredients. What I get is a dull, poor, generic oceanic-woody, imitated ad nauseum in department store designer bottles selling for under $20.

Created for Cary Grant? I don't think so. This came out in 1985 and dear Cary went to glory in 1986. This may have done him in if he did indeed ever wear it. It doesn't say much for the tastes of other celebrities that supposedly wore it: Robert Redford, Richard Gere, Quincy Jones.

So common, so unremarkable, so lacking in imagination and/or creativity as to be for my nose an emperor's new clothes sort of olfactory joke.

Vastly disappointing.
16th March, 2016
A big thumbs up for Creed's Green Irish Tweed. The strange thing is, I had the same experience as Young Amateur. The first time I wore GIT, I didn't like it. It was the sharp grass smell that initially turned my nose away, but today I tried it again, and I had one of the most enjoyable days I've ever had wearing a fragrance. GIT becomes one of the most refreshing and enjoyable scents in my recent memory as it drys down. Just a spring day of a fragrance that feels classy and fresh. I will be getting a bottle of Green Irish Tweed to go along with all of my other Creed's. I have come to love so many of their fragrances. They cost so much, but I enjoy them so much as well, They are my guilty pleasure. GIT is another winner from the House of Creed.
10th March, 2016
This year is a great year for Greed Irish Tweed. Lot number S3215R01 is the best batch I've smelled since 09. Very similar batches.

This batch has a strong verbena with undertones of lemon. I really like that the lemon is subtle in this batch. The iris is a strong player in the heart notes this time around. I love the mysore sandalwood. I think the ambergris could come out a little more, but I really like this years batch.
02nd February, 2016
CMac17 Show all reviews
Lives up to the hype. Before wearing this, I had never delved into the "cult of Creed," but I am very glad to be on the dark side now (I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive!) After spraying this on, I was immediately hit with a grassy scent that I hadn't smelled before in a fragrance. It has that characteristic scent of wet grass with a citrus punch. After a little while, the violet begins to push through in the composition, leading way to a nice powdery dry down. A fantastic addition to any wardrobe if the funds are available. If they're not, you can always just buy a bunch of samples and hope they're from the same batch like me!
26th December, 2015
Masterpiece. Tom Cruise driving an Aston Martin through the woods of Pacific Northwest on a sunny day. Organic Cool Water perfectly blended.
04th December, 2015
I started off not liking this fragrance because when I first smelled it, the top notes were much too sharp and grassy for my taste. It wasn't until I actually sprayed some on my skin that I fell in love with it. When it dries down the sharpness goes away and it smells like nature in a bottle. I now own a bottle and use it regularly.
24th September, 2015 (last edited: 03rd October, 2015)
THE SMELL OF VICTORY!

Smells like a field of grass on a beautiful spring day after rain. The dry down on my skin smells of grassy, flowery, powdery goodness. I like to wear this one on Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon. I always receive compliments and it lasts me throughout the entire day.
Green Irish Tweed is certainly something special that everyman should have in their collection. Timeless.

Because of GIT's uniqueness, beautiful scent, longevity, sillage, and timeless elegance, Im going to have it give it a 10.
03rd September, 2015
As a 40-something who only recently became an avid aficionado of fragrance a little over a year ago, reviewing GIT is a bit like reviewing Phil Collins, "No Jacket Required" album.

Like Phil Collins NJR, GIT is difficult to separate from the production trends of the era - the big reverbs and gated drums are like the overwrought presence of dihydromyrcenal, which was the pop culture trend of smelling like laundry detergent or dryer sheets started by Drakkar.

There must be an almost universally positive association with the smell of dryer sheets and 20th century industrial laundry fragrances. Why else would so much CW, Aspen and GIT continue to fly off the shelves?

Yes, it smells good, but at this point in history it's hopelessly pedestrian, ubiquitous and even possibly Orwellian in that when I wear this I feel like I'm lost in some sort of consumer goods afterworld. This is the fragrance of the household cleaner isle of today.

So gents, spray on your GIT, put some mousse in your highlighted hair, break out your Phil Collins cassette, slap it in your walkman, and go pick up someone underneath the flourescent glow of your local laundrymat.

28th August, 2015

Green Irish Tweed is one of the more appropriately evocatively named Creed fragrances, as it is, to me, the archetypical green fragrance without the citric acidity that is common to most scents in that phylum.

It's easy to understand how this is a classic, and how so many stand by it. Without the citrus, it's still somehow complete, anchored by a mix of violet, iris, sandalwood, and ambergris that together yield a mossy green walk in the park. GIT is soft in the way of Silver Mountain Water's green tea note, attacking only slightly at the opening before drying down very nicely into something that could be worn all day. Still, GIT is most appropriate as a warm weather day fragrance, as it's not terribly formal.

While not my favorite fresh Creed, as I still stand by Aventus, Himalaya, and Silver Mountain as the standouts that I've tried, GIT is s a must-try for those unfamiliar, and in my case, an eventual must-buy. Availability isn't an issue, as it's on all of the discount sites. I'll be happy to add this to my collection.

7 out of 10
19th August, 2015
Such a wonderful cologne. This was my first full bottle purchase when I was sampling all types of scents. There will always be a bottle of Creed Green Irish Tweed in my wardrobe. You just cant go wrong with it.
17th August, 2015
What a brilliant fragrance this is. I will always have a bottle in my wardrobe; everyone in my life seems to adore this scent on my skin and it makes me feel like a king.
19th June, 2015
Salutation.

This is Absolutely one Fragrance from CREED because It has a Exclusive and Natural scent and Like All CREED fragrances is only for Elite.GIT is Show a Gentleman who knows how to treat with a Lady. Casual yet Sophisticated. Green,Clean,Classy,Fresh,Exquisite, Generous,Versatile and Everlasting.

At first glance It is like some fragrances for example COOL WATER but in a High Class way and in my opinion the base notes are Determinant for Severance CREED fragrances of Most brands as The base notes are Wonderful and makes them Long Lasting just like This one.

GIT has a Green overtone with Woody undertones that make it Ambrosial.
A Magical and Subtle Masculine fragrance that turn heads wherever You
go. It is dependable for Any season Especially Spring/Summer and Any Occasion . I recommend this one to Everyone who wants only the BEST.However it is Too Expensive but really worth Every penny you pay for it.

Sillage?Interesting.

Longevity?Surprisingly Superb on my skin.

8.25/10
09th June, 2015
surge Show all reviews
Amazing fragrance; one of the best Creed's to ever be created. Amazing use of ambergris and violet. This was the inspiration for Cool Water by Davidoff (and probably Chez Bond from Bond No. 9), but in my opinion there are more differences than similarities.
Silage is amazing, longevity is 12+ hours. Fresh, marine, green and citrus all in one. I also use the GIT deodorant and shower gel / soap -- gives you a great fresh smell all day long :)
05th June, 2015
Yes GIT smells like CW. The funny thing is that we Basenoters will go to excruciating lengths to find, say, the pre-1998 formulation of L'Eau de Cat Piss and reject the later one because the maker lowered the percentage of oak moss from .01% to.009%. OMG! Not worth wearing!

Then, on the other hand, we go nuts finding similarities. In my case, between Mouchoir de Monsieur and Egoiste, or Bois de Portugal and Chanel pour Monsieur. Then, we go miles to distinguish a lavender-sage bergamot opening from a bergamot-lavender-sage opening.

So why would anyone get excited about superficial similarities between GIT and CW? Let me say it straight out: the similarities are not enough to ever, ever, wear CW instead of GIT.

On to the review: I'm having all kinds of fun wearing GIT. It's the first calone-rich fragrance I've ever liked. It is conceivable that beyond calone, linalool and ambroxan there are some expensive ingredients in GIT. Maybe there's some natural orris or violet or ambergris that explains the price. I don't think so either, but it's possible! But they own it and you don't, so they can charge what they want for it. In my opinion, it smells very good. I'm happy I bought my small bottle. Sorry if that's more of a vote than a review.
02nd June, 2015
The ONLY CREED that I have smelled that I don't like.

This smells so geriatric that great grandpa may in fact not like it. This stinks like Flexall 454.

Buy another CREED.
17th May, 2015
Second best scent of all time only slightly behind Aventus. You will smell your self constantly. Why? Because it's addictive.
12th May, 2015
I was gifted a bottle of GIT in the early 90's and wore it almost exclusively until empty, but never replaced it as I'd grown tired of it and wanted to expand my then small collecton of fragrances. Well, I finally decided I should purchase a decant, and after several full day wears, I can't believe I have gone so long not remembering how great this fragrance is. It's clean, masculine and completely wearable in all but the most formal of occasions. Truly a pinnacle fragrance in men's perfumery.

For me, there's just no comparing other similar fragrances with GIT. While many of those fragrances are well done, they just aren't as rich or nuanced as GIT. Glad I rediscovered GIT and happy to own it again. Thumbs Up.
17th April, 2015 (last edited: 10th November, 2015)
After all these years, I still just don't "get" Green Irish Tweed. What is it supposed to smell like? A bucket of melted plastic at the beach? Lemon juice mixed with shea butter? Weird-smelling leaves dipped in metal?

Whatever it is, it's much richer and substantial than pretty much any other aquatic, though I've never thought it smelled particularly good or understood how people smell this and think it smells "classy". I don't hate it, but I don't particularly like it either.

I keep waiting to have an "a-ha" moment where something falls into place and I realize how brilliant Green Irish Tweed is, but it's just not happening. Oh well.
09th April, 2015
Green Irish Tweed has been my favorite ‘modern’ Creed ever since I first got into this line many years ago. It’s also the one that I wear the most out of all the Creeds that I own. Upon application I got a fresh crisp opening that comes from the ‘French’ lemon verbena note with a hint of ‘Florentine’ Iris. To me, the opening comes off as both citrusy and green. It reminds me of getting out of the shower after finishing a good workout at the gym. It has a very refreshing opening. The opening eventually subsides allowing for the iris and violet to step up in the heart. The scent transforms into a very luscious green scent. At the drydown, the ‘Mysore’ sandalwood and ambergris notes come into play giving off the classic Creed drydown as noticed in many of its fragrances. To me, the drydown became slightly creamy and woodsy-like in addition to the green heart that is still present from earlier. Describing it overall, GIT is a masculine and wonderful refreshing scent.

Personally, I can’t really find an occasion that GIT wouldn’t be appropriate to be worn it. It’s well balanced and well suited that it can be worn all year round. It will work well in both formal and casual occasions whether it’s at an office meeting or going out for a drive on the weekends. I want to point out that GIT is more of a safe scent in that it won’t jump out people but at the same time it won’t always get noticed. Ill also note that it gets compared to other fragrances like Davidoff’s Cool Water and Bond No. 9 Chez Bond as noted from other reviewers. I do find those similarities but the quality of GIT is far superior IMO. Both the longevity and silage are great. In terms longevity I get anywhere between 4-8 hours depending on application and climate. Silage is moderate for the first 2-3 hours before staying closer to the skin for the remainder of the scent. Warmer months (ie: spring and summer) will help the scent project more and improve the longevity. Overall, Green Irish Tweed is one of the best scents that Creed has to offer. People trying out Creed for the first time, GIT would be a good place to start. GIT is my favorite ‘modern’ Creed scent and overall one of my all-time favorites from the entire Creed line.
04th April, 2015
You know Henry Ford's character, Norman, from "On Golden Pond"?...yeah, he'd wear this.
11th March, 2015
Lemon Cool Water indeed. Not bad.
18th January, 2015
mgrz Show all reviews
Female's love this! A quality unsurpassed! My wife's favorite.
24th December, 2014 (last edited: 23rd December, 2014)
It starts off like a lemon COOL WATER except more subtle with a slight flowery note. Then it changes from the COOL WATER note to a violet smell. The violet keeps it fresh and an improvement over cool water. The violet then mixes with the Sandalwood/Ambergris and we are off to the races. This is my favorite. I got rid of my Cool Water stash.
22nd November, 2014
Ok... within what little I know, I would still venture to say that this is a quality fragrance. My first impression was (not to offend anybody), "Hmmm, maybe I could wear this in place of Acqua Di Gio and feel like less of a sissy...." (ADG is sort of the odd man out in my collection - I like it, it offers an occasional refreshing departure from my usual, but it still strikes me as kinda girly). Thing is, this then definitely develops into something perfumey. The clincher? My wife, "You smell like a girl." And there you have it, gentlemen. That was the clincher., confirming my impression I think it's a quality fragrance, but to me (and apparently to my wife as well), it's just too perfumey, it's feminine. For those who like or are comfortable with that, or for those who feel this is not "perfumey/feminine" (keep in mind, too, that based on the chemistry of one's skin, fragrances can take quite a different turn on different people), they can enjoy this - like I said, I think it's a quality fragrance (for whatever my thoughts are worth on that). But for those who prefer clearly masculine fragrances, definitely try before you buy, especially at the price. I don't regret buying a sample. I even kinda liked it at first sniff. But after about 3 or 4 wears I came to realize, yeah, I do kinda smell like a girl. Sticking with ADG as my odd man out (though Bleu De Chanel...)
31st October, 2014
I recently tried Green Irish Tweed and Aventus.

I think Green Irish Tweed is a little bit old for me, I am 38 but I just felt like it should be for an "older" guy (maybe in his 50's).

Perhaps when this was formulated (30 years ago next year) it was considered a younger man's type of fragrance? I don't know.

Then I tried Aventus, and this was exactly what I was looking for. I think Aventus is basically the modern Green Irish Tweed (if that makes sense?)

GIT is a nice fragrance, and I still give it thumbs up, but it just seemed a little bit "stuffed shirt" for me at the moment... maybe I should try it again in 10 years or so?
14th October, 2014