Reviews of Hascish Homme by Veejaga

Find out more about Hascish Homme by Veejaga in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Colin Maillard's avatar

Hascish is a great, ultramodern scent, which perfectly mixes the coniferous freshness of eucaliptol and pine (finally not a heavy, resinous and sticky pine accord, rather a light, breezy note, invigorating like a walk in the Alps) with a smoky, dry resinous olibanum-woody accord – mostly comprising vetiver and cedar. Initially the freshness is balsamic, energizing, scented with a light carnation note, then it warms up turning on a woody-incense accord, realistic and resinous, with dry woods and a mossy-balmy undertone (you clearly get both the oak moss and the leather at this stage, although both subtle and understated, only providing a dark and thin cushion to the main accords). All still wrapped in a green-herbal bag of pine cones and salty vetiver branches, with also something sweet which I can not identify further but which delivers a peculiar, mellow, addicting feel which blends perfectly with the scent and surely gives a touch of "narcotic" hascish. Green and cold before, warmer and smokier on the end. The drydown is cozy and refined, still balsamic and woody, with a really subtle anisic-vanilla note all over. A great scent indeed, modern and versatile, elegant, friendly and perfect all year round thanks to its mix between balsamic freshness and warm smoky woodiness. I have tested this from an '80s bottle so I don't know how it smells today, but it is surely underrated!

8,5/10

14 August, 2014

florestano's avatar

I bought it in 1982 was very different from what you describe, probably the new bottle (black cap) has been reformulated, but it seems to me the same old caron Yatagan of

28 May, 2011

Nacht's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

At the late 80's I saw it being sold by italian correspondence sale firm "Postalmarket" toghether with mass market fragrances like Atkinsons. In 1993 I tasted it by a fluke from my italien client and falled in love with that dry, clear and limpid patchouly leaves fragrance. I asked him to bring it to me, but unfortunately it wasn't available any more... Tragedy!
    Recently I found a fragrance, that slightly reminds of it - Patchouly Leaves by Lorenzo Vidal "Monotheme". But it's more sweety due to tangerine note.

30th April, 2007