Reviews of Hot by Benetton

I would rate this a thumbs up if it had been marketed as feminine, but as an alleged "unisex," it just doesn't cut it. It's much too sweet and flowery for a man --- although light in concentration, it's a floriental along the lines of a younger sister to Guerlain's Samsara or Arden's Red Door, or perhaps something by Carolina Herrera.

The composition is quite nice, and I would like it on a woman, but it's just not suited to persons of the masculine persuasion.
14th March, 2014
Hi there :)

I have to say I bought this HOT fragrance to pair up with my COLD one. The sprayer in the shape of water tap really rocks and worth to be part of my collection.

The scent is very strong and overpowering for me. I am quite amazed with how synthetic the scent is. I truly prefer COLD over HOT and it is more girlie too :)

Cheers,
02nd August, 2009

Benetton usually delivers interesting and competant fragrances, but for Benetton Hot they have taken it a step farther into the “very good” territory. Hot isn’t hot but it is warm, pleasant, floral, spicy, and ambery. The flowers dominate in a bouquet-presentation with a standard jasmine note being most present to my nose; the spices (in this case, mostly from the rosewood) are held to a bare minimum; and the amber is very sweet. There’s little complexity involved, the accords are simple and straightforward and strike me as more feminine than not... although there is almost enough wood in the background to give a nod in the direction of unisex. Hot has a nice sillage and very good longevity on my skin. It’s quite good and a comfortable wear.

16th December, 2008 (last edited: 04th December, 2010)

Tacky bottle, filled with liquid vanilla combined with a cheap wood notes...I couldn't be more turned off.
22nd December, 2007
I prefer this one much more than its "cold" counterpart. Hot was very warm and comfortable. Very relaxing, its something that I'd wear around the house when I wanted to just chill and have some down time.
14th October, 2006
I'm with RuffDawg on this one in that I far prefer "Hot" to "Cold." It's true that "Hot" goes on awfully feminine, but it dries down to a fairly sweet sandalwood base that's very, very unisex.

Wouldn't go out of my way to pick up another bottle, no, but can't give this one a thumbs down, either. Good stuff for the price -- great scent for a college kid (of either gender) on a budget.
02nd October, 2006
Benetton launched the set of unisex fragrances Hot and Cold in 1997. They were designed as UNISEX and to either be worn alone or mixed together, to create yet another fragrance, which I guess you would call Warm, LOL. I love Hot, but don't care much for Cold on its own, but mixed together with Hot I like it.
26th July, 2006
I bought two bottles of "Hot" - one for my niece and one for a female friend. Here in Australia everyone universally sees it as a female fragrance, similar to one of the Chanel perfumes. If I try real hard, I can sort of imagine why someone might think this is a unisex scent. I even sprayed some on my wrist to see if it changed over time. But after an hour, it had not changed and I got some abrasive soap and washed it off.
14th September, 2001