Negative Reviews of Iceberg Twice Homme by Iceberg

Find out more about Iceberg Twice Homme by Iceberg in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Redbeard's avatar

I had heard of this being a good alternative to the typical genres of summer scents. The opening is kind of a strange springtime floral, with a bit of mint and honey. For a while there's a little natural dustiness, and it almost reminds me of chamomile tea, but then powderiness creeps in. It has some of the brisk alpine meadow aspect of Geir, and even though it isn't as sweet or fruity, it's either too synthetic or has a trace of plant decay that I don't like. Maybe Himalaya or Paco XS are better comparisons. Later on, there's a slightest hint of cherry, though not enough to bother me, but then also a certain waxiness which seems strangely inconsistent with the top notes. I feel like it doesn't know what it's trying to accomplish, and consequently I have a hard time placing it into a role on the scent spectrum of my collection. You might just be better off with XS.

08th August, 2014 (Last Edited: 09th August, 2014)

AAddict's avatar

Way too feminine, in fact it reminds of something my grandmother used to wear.

22nd April, 2013

mlpsaraiva's avatar

An absolute horror. Completely synthetic.
    Still wondering where Jasmine, Lavender, Thyme, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Vetiver went.
    Tryed to use it a couple of times, everytime it gave me a headache.
    I´ve never did it before, but this one went straight to the garbage can.

24th August, 2011

necrosero's avatar

Romania Romania

I used to own this. Three words for it: lemon, mint, synthetic. If you like those 3 characteristics, buy it. If you don't, then don't. As simple as that. I actually hate lemony, minty and synthetic frags, so I totally loathed this one and sold it right after I received it as a present.

10th January, 2011

Randolph314's avatar

Iceberg Twice Homme really surprised me. I was expecting something sweet and complex, but instead the sandalwood turned it into something very primal, although balanced slightly by mint. I can't smell most of the sweet and floral notes that others have discussed, although it does sweeten upon dry down. It reminds me a lot of Minotaure. The scent is so-so, but the longevity is terrible. I practically bathed in it and could no longer detect it after 90 minutes.

30th October, 2006