Reviews of Iceberg Twice Homme by Iceberg

Find out more about Iceberg Twice Homme by Iceberg in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Redbeard's avatar

I had heard of this being a good alternative to the typical genres of summer scents. The opening is kind of a strange springtime floral, with a bit of mint and honey. For a while there's a little natural dustiness, and it almost reminds me of chamomile tea, but then powderiness creeps in. It has some of the brisk alpine meadow aspect of Geir, and even though it isn't as sweet or fruity, it's either too synthetic or has a trace of plant decay that I don't like. Maybe Himalaya or Paco XS are better comparisons. Later on, there's a slightest hint of cherry, though not enough to bother me, but then also a certain waxiness which seems strangely inconsistent with the top notes. I feel like it doesn't know what it's trying to accomplish, and consequently I have a hard time placing it into a role on the scent spectrum of my collection. You might just be better off with XS.

08 August, 2014 (Last Edited: 09 August, 2014)

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

Manly vanilla and spice w/emphasis on manly

Cristobal by Balenciaga.

These two are very similar, so much so they could be twins. But Cristobal is sweeter and heavier in the opening, whereas Twice gives you everything in equal doses up front, then letting the notes decide who shines when.

For those who have a hard time with the sweetness of gourmands, this is the answer. Ladies love it on me especially when I maintain a serious demeanor. It is so hardcore in its delivery that it can come across as cold and Germanic.

Prices on eBay as of this writing warrants a closer look.

Pros: Very inexpensive to purchase online for such an excellent jus
    Cons: Needs patience to appreciate

30th June, 2013

AAddict's avatar

Way too feminine, in fact it reminds of something my grandmother used to wear.

22 April, 2013

Shoot4dastarz's avatar

"Iceberg Twice has a trick up it's sleeve. or rather a trick it wears on it's sleeve. It has a stellar opening that is bright and uplifiting. It fizzes with lemon zest and mint. A happy scent on the surface with a dirty underbelly. There are many comparisons to be made here and though not that original Iceberg Twice nestles rather comfortably into a family that has good heritage. On the surface there are similarities to YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentree and Rochas Moustache - both possessing a sweatiness up top, but the difference being with Iceberg twice is that first whiff! It is bright clean and mood enhancing. Iceberg Twice's nasent heart is reminiscent of Lapidus pour homme where thyme coupled with the Indolic jasmine make for a slightly scuzzy feel that is quite a contrast to it's opening. That said the transition from top to middle is quite natural and seamless. As it progresses the freshness fades and we are left with a warmth that is quite generic but not jarring or offensive. All the usual players are present and with the Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver combination the earthy quality remains to the last. The longevity of this scent is great and the sillage too." - I couldn't say it much better. Very underrated and will be in my collection for years to come. The note changes and the longevity are what won me over

01st October, 2012

mlpsaraiva's avatar

An absolute horror. Completely synthetic.
    Still wondering where Jasmine, Lavender, Thyme, Patchouli, Sandalwood and Vetiver went.
    Tryed to use it a couple of times, everytime it gave me a headache.
    I´ve never did it before, but this one went straight to the garbage can.

24 August, 2011

necrosero's avatar

Romania Romania

I used to own this. Three words for it: lemon, mint, synthetic. If you like those 3 characteristics, buy it. If you don't, then don't. As simple as that. I actually hate lemony, minty and synthetic frags, so I totally loathed this one and sold it right after I received it as a present.

10th January, 2011

Shifty Bat's avatar

When I blindly purchased Fujiyama Homme I felt it was a nice light lemon drops and clover scent that would benefit from a stronger concentrate and a little more character. Twice is that 'little more character.' Creamy lemon drops with a wisp of mint and a bitey green tagete reminiscent of Burberry (from the same year) and very much a product of the Nineties. It's not unlike turning a sickday comfort tea into a body scent, and with great success. When Spring comes around to melt the ice my finger will be on this trigger.

05 January, 2011

chorando's avatar

24 July, 2010

Jones.'s avatar

Cheap, so cheap to buy!
    I bought this for the mint ingredient and it is minty, all-day minty-ness.

The jasmine is too strong however, swamping the other notes... I would prefer to smell the herb mid-notes that are listed here. And the base ones, but my nose is not too sensitive to subtleties... they may be in there somewhere.

Recommended for office wear. A few sprays in the morning will hold you all day.

If you want to know what this smells like - grab a pack of Double-mint gum (the sticks in foil) and sniff that. It is as sweet as icing sugar, this fragrance.

01st June, 2010

wtb's avatar

Next to bogart pour homme, this is the best bang four your buck that I have. I can wear this day and night with no problems. A hall of famer in the making without thinking "twice" about it!

04 March, 2010

scentimus's avatar

I find this scent to be very oriental in a very spicy yet contradicting fresh way. It very much plays on the same theme of Opium for men and Joop Homme of fresh contrast with spicy oriental.

While Opium will settle down of a woody vanilla scent Twice will continue to give off spicy tobacco notes to the point of being a little shrill.

It is a powerful long lasting scent and sillage is no problem with it - I would not recommend this for the office or hot humid climates either. You will either like it or hate it - I feel it is Iceberg's Italian version of the German Joop Homme. I do have give it a thumbs up for being such a powerful scent being lauched in the mid 90's marine light scents era.

28 January, 2009

Kittycat63's avatar

A woman's viewpoint on this cologne! I read rave reviews of this on a website and some mentioned that it smelled quite feminine so could be a unisex scent so, based on the good reviews, reasonable price and thinking it would smell a bit feminine, I bought a bottle of it blind over the internet for myself! However, when I got it I was quite let-down. Although it's okay smelling, I wouldn't say it's a stand-out cologne and is far less fresh and light smelling than I had anticipated from the reviews I had read of it. The reviews on this site too are a bit contradictory .. some say it's light and fresh, others say it's heavy. To me it smells extremely peppery at first, although it becomes softer and mellower after awhile. I couldn't detect the slightest hint of lemon in it, which is a shame because I quite like lemony scents! I also couldn't detect any mint, which is a note which cropped up in lots of reviews. To me it's just peppery. I would say it's an average smelling scent but, for the price and staying power I could recommend it and, on the right man, it might smell delicious!

14 January, 2009

funnyboy's avatar

Cant get my head round this one even though the longevity is good.Sometime gives me a headache and cannot wear it during the dat.Minty fresh to start but its sytheticness is quite annoying.Not one you would want to smell on your clothes after a night out.Despite this other people seem to like the smell on me and it is a bargain.Picked up a 125ml edt for less than£10.

01st July, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

A sweet lemon that's creamy. Fresh, herbal, fruity, confusing... it has good longevity. Makes my nose jump through hoops to identify.

29 June, 2008

Critic's avatar

Zimbabwe Zimbabwe

Beautiful fresh scent. Sweet fro, the start and I can detect the mint in the opening. Its quite prominent.

Then it dries down to a soapy phase. This must be the florals in play. Then it has a liht vanilla base which is quite pleasant.

Longevity: 20 hours plus
    Sillage: 3 feet
    Power: Heavy (3 hours) then subtle (10-20 hours)

It'll rival scents worth £200 yet this is £10

07 April, 2008

sanatik's avatar

Germany Germany

A fresh aromatic fougère. Similar to Opium YSL Edt but fresher and better for daytime use also cheaper (sometimes find for 20 € = 125 ml ). If you like Citrus look for the homme version.

16 December, 2007 (Last Edited: 07 June, 2008)

fox_mulder's avatar

Bought this blind for $20AUD after reading all the good reviews. This is very, very good. I see a similarity with Opium but this is much fresher. Great value.

25 June, 2007

Mario Justiniani's avatar

Cuba Cuba

A very good bang for your buck. Nothing earth shattering or terribly memorable, but fresh and sporty for the summer.
    See also 212 h20 and Perry Ellis 360 red for the best of the cheapos that get the job done. Iceberg Twice is at the top of the list.

17 April, 2007

Randolph314's avatar

Iceberg Twice Homme really surprised me. I was expecting something sweet and complex, but instead the sandalwood turned it into something very primal, although balanced slightly by mint. I can't smell most of the sweet and floral notes that others have discussed, although it does sweeten upon dry down. It reminds me a lot of Minotaure. The scent is so-so, but the longevity is terrible. I practically bathed in it and could no longer detect it after 90 minutes.

30th October, 2006

deepthought's avatar

I have had no longetivty issues with this one which be an issue in my skin. I mean no dis-respect to ANY basenoter here when I say that to me this frag' smells like a functional fragrance, that is to say, not comprised of expensive ingredients and designed to cover other smells rather than create a unique smell in itself. I ahve both the aftershave and the EDT and I find that aftershave the pick of the two as the EDT can be a bit overpowering. I'll keep coming back to it to see if it grows on me though!

25 October, 2006

zztopp's avatar

Iceberg Twice opens with a top accord of sweet mint - which is a bit unusual. The sweetness never gets cloying, probably because of the mint note. I am wary of overly sweet fragrances, but Iceberg Twice works in the harshest of summers. From there, it transitions to a slightly herbal accord, before settling into a base of sandalwood and lime. The use of lime in the basenotes is excellent - infact, it is this combination which keeps the original accord of "sweet mint" stable throughout all the note phases. While it is a light fragrance, longevity is excellent.

Iceberg Twice smells like a sweeter version of Live Jazz - if Live Jazz was a bit too much for you to handle because of the coriander note, give Iceberg Twice a try. While it isnt an overly impressive fragrance, and would probably only qualify for a neutal rating based on its composition, when combined with its excellent longevity and bang-for-the-buck, it lands in the thumbs up category for me.

01st October, 2006

A thoroughly enjoyable fragrance. There are identifiable citrus notes in the opening but, to my nose, the mint is the most apparent element, and this freshness establishes the mood of the fragrance—bright and lively and very, very sweet, but not cloyingly so. The middle accord—floral and herbaceous—is a worthy successor to the energetic beginning; it is fresh, clean, and very sweet. The dry down—light wood with a touch of lime and a lot of sweet—is clean and excellent and long, long lasting. In fact, the whole progression of Iceberg Twice is a sunny, happy, day-long journey. It’s actually a little difficult to get across, without gushing, how pleasant and fresh and alive this fragrance is—another excellent fragrance that has been much overlooked.

13 September, 2006

's avatar

Twice is a very underappreciated and quite inexpensive fragrance! I liken it to a lighter, more versatile take on Hannae Mori for Men. Less on the chocolate and sweetness, replacing those notes with a hint ofminty freshness and floral bouquet that still manages to retain a hint of the H.M. gourmand quality. Not as cloying, and the longevity is surprisingly good. For folks who find H.M. a little much, a stab at Iceberg Twice might be an option.

06 May, 2006

Ken_Russell's avatar

Romania Romania

Sporty and casual scent at that's about everytinhg. I tried this in the hope of finding a scent which would change all my previous knowledge of scents, but there was nothing special or innovative about this one. Maybe better for younger users.

22 April, 2006

Rashkae's avatar

A very light, very fresh fragrance... Very soothing patchouli and sandalwood. Great longevity!

16 April, 2006

smelly..'s avatar

certainly sweet and floral with a slight whiff of sea breeze from somewhere but doesnt last on my skin..i must be plagued..generally unmemorable and i had no inclination to buy it again but it was pleasant enough.not for me though.

21st March, 2006

Symptome's avatar

Very sweet smelling and quite long lasting (a bit over 8 hours on my skin)
    Reminds me quite a lot of "Le Male" and "Jacomo Rouge", which I both love. It sadly lacks the amazing top notes of Jacomo Rouge but does last much longer. I definitly suggest this scent, expecially at the price. Really good and gathers many compliment!

06 November, 2005

deaconford's avatar

Man this one gets their attention, when you come in an area the people are sniffin talkin about (who smellin good)!!!

12 November, 2004

E_Tan's avatar

Sweet smelling and long lasting.

24 March, 2004

Russlan's avatar

Fresh and flowery, a bit sweet, but it's the right sweetnes in just the right amount. Lasts quite a long time and the smell can be detected even after shower. Definitely not the office type of a scent, it's too romantic, better suited for clubs or dates.

05 December, 2002