Neutral Reviews of Iris Bleu Gris by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Find out more about Iris Bleu Gris by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Pachinko's avatar

I wanted to love this, not only because I'm a big iris fan but because I found a big bottle on discount. Alas. While the drydown is nice, there is a sour, soupy undertone that nauseated me a little. In reading reviews of of MP et G fragrances, I gather that they tend to have a more raw, natural quality. This may be the problem. Or, I may not yet be sophisticated enough to appreciate these perfumes. This one will have to wait.

29th March, 2009

TV Lampboy’s reference to Grey Flannel is right on. The iris note in Iris Bleu Gris smells powerfully violet leaf to me. I am oversensitive to violet leaf when it comes across as strongly as this – it smells horribly synthetic and obnoxious to me. Once the violet leaf note wears off, Iris Blue Gris is a smooth, sophisticated, masculine, iris / light woody / mossy / musky / powdery fragrance – a bit edgy, a bit formal – but for me it isn’t worth the journey to get to the excellent, long-lasting, unique drydown.

09th December, 2006 (Last Edited: 07th June, 2011)