Reviews

Positive Reviews of Jack Black Signature Silver Mark by Jack Black

Good all-round scent for work, social events, etc. Smells clean without being soapy. The wood notes really speak to me and my wife.
21st May, 2011
Bigsly Show all reviews
This is not a "newbie" fragrance. It took me quite a while to appreciate the dark depth this possesses. I don't get much of the cardamom, perhaps because it is blended with the bergamot. In any case, I think this causes it to have a "bright" quality that plays off the dark base. There is also a dry herbal quality, though I don't get any strong woody notes. The patchouli is very interesting to me here, probably because I haven't come across this kind of combination. Oscar Pour Lui also has a deep, dark base, but it's more floral, and it doesn't have the bright accord that this one does. I'm not sure I really enjoy this fragrance all that much, though I do appreciate it as a composition. Only time will tell if my tastes change and I begin to enjoy wearing this one. If you want something similar but even stronger and more "niche"-like, then Encre Noire may be for you.
23rd August, 2009
I really like this scent, it reminds me of clean laundry for some reason. However, it seems to be really strong on me so I need less than my normal amount of sprays. 1 on the chest, 1 split between wrists, and just a slight squeeze behind the ears/neck. Other than that, incredibly pleased with it. Give it a try.
26th November, 2008

This is a powerful scent – I wouldn’t want it to be any more assertive! It presents itself as very clean and airy, and yet also bold. Definitely masculine, since it is aromatic and dry. The opening salvo has pungent lavender, peppery spices and some green herbal notes. These move into a light wood chord. If cypress is done well, it has a pleasingly haunting quality; and that is true here. My reservation is with the patchouli. It is not sweet or heavy (thankfully), but it is pungent and creates a kind of ‘fresh’ edgy quality that sometimes is a bit tiresome to my nose. I’ll give this thumbs up, but I’m not crazy about it. Actually, now that I think about it, the spices and patchouli remind me of Rive Gauche for Men. This is very much like that, I think. They both have bollocks.
15th August, 2008
Dry, patchouli-laden fougère that really stands out among the JB products I've sampled. If you're a fan of Heritage and/or Cacharel pour Homme, you'll want to give this one a fair shake.

JB Signature almost has an Eighties powerhouse feel about it -- very bold and masculine and not at all what you'd expect from a frag created less than a decade ago.
17th April, 2008
Jack Black Signature. Just tried it and it is one of the best I've come across. I ordered a bottle today, in fact.
It is a mature scent, not one of those 'hit you in the nose' new ones that are popular at the moment. I will add this to my Creed Tabarome as my mainstay. Try it. Really.....
07th December, 2007
markc Show all reviews
A good but not great one. I love the Cypress here, a bit salty smelling. Nice woodsy, average sillage and longevity. It is unique, just wish it was a bit more powerful (even though it is an EDP).
05th November, 2007
great fragance,is sex in a bottle,spicy and fresh.
09th September, 2004