Reviews of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Summer by Issey Miyake

(Jon - perhaps expand on your review? :-))

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Summer hails from way back in 2000, not too far after the original was released (1994). It is the first of MANY permuations of the "summer" flankers that have dotted cologne counters all the way to the present time, and as such is good to explore.

This particular Homme Summer flanker of the original L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (pre-reformulation) has a very spicy aromatic heart nestled within the citrus triumvirate of yuzu-grapefruit-orange; the result is an almost bright, ethereal quality that lightens up the experience in a truly frosted manner - a refreshing touch for warm weather wear! This aromatic spice emphasis doesn't appear to have been turned to in subsequent Summer editions of L'Eau d'Issey, or at least not to the extent that THIS one has.

I think of Lacoste Booster and Jovan's Ginseng NRG when it comes to the airy core of Homme Summer. It fits in the realm of summer-friendly scents in an interesting way, without becoming a typical aquatic per se.

Excellent period piece, which still smells wearable today!
11th September, 2018
Lovely Smell. I see this as all year round rather than Summer. This Fragrance produces amazing results in the Winter when itss Frosty. I Love Fruits in my Fragrances and this one has Grapefruit which I Love. A Graet smell and its in my Top 5 ever.

Projects great and lasts ages, definately 9-12 hours on me.

Rating: 9/10