Reviews of Le Mâle Summer by Jean Paul Gaultier

I am reading the reviews on this frag and I have to disagree with some who say it smells like a knock off. I own this and I love how they toned it down to make it wearable for the warm weather. Just to see how much they altered it, I tried my original JPG. The original is very strong compared to this version and would not work in hot temperatures.

It does smell toned down but I know it's not a knock off because I actually got mine from Macy's. JPG has accomplished what they set out to accomplish. They made JPG Le Male wearable in the summer. Thank you. If you like JPG LM, you'll like this. Mine came in a nicely designed limited edition bottle and tin can. Same manly shape with some nice summer artwork that resembles an island in the summer with the ocean in the background.
12th September, 2015
This smells like urine on me... lavender and more minty than the original but something is not right here. thumbs down.
07th February, 2011
This is a really expert paring down of the original for people that don't have the luxury of seasons or a temperate climate. It's light enough that you can wear it as a body splash and the bottle (2009 edition) is a handsome vanity addition. Highly recommended if you are living in a sweaty climate and want sweetness that isn't cloying or overloaded.
13th April, 2010

.......Really? Like... MAN. What WERE they thinking? I agree with Carl999 that this smells like a cheap and powdery, watered-down rip-off. How can I describe this... old lady perfume? Dollar store perfume? The only highlight is that it reminds me of the original – but minus all the good stuff. Don't even bother trying this unless you live in an environment near the equator.. otherwise this just may break the heart of anyone who's a fan of the original Le Male.

08th December, 2008
A refreshed version of Le Male... a day version of Gaultier's classic.
06th November, 2008
It's hot (30C + in summer, never below 20C in winter), humid (80% + in summer) where I live. While I do enjoy the power of Le Male (original), the fragrance is too overpowering to wear in my city, even in winter. Le Male Summer is the answer. For sure, it's a pared back version of Le Male, and that's what makes it so enjoyable in my type of climate.
08th December, 2007
I LOVE the original Le Male...

I HATE this version as much as I hate Fleur du Male...

It smells watered down, like, as the other two reviewers have mentions, it contains cheap window cleaner, making it smell like an inferior knock-off...
25th June, 2007
I thought this was new...good to see it is not. That said steer clear of this, it smells like windex + the original le male.
31st March, 2007