Reviews of Le Mâle Summer by Jean Paul Gaultier

Find out more about Le Mâle Summer by Jean Paul Gaultier in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

eaudemale's avatar

This smells like urine on me... lavender and more minty than the original but something is not right here. thumbs down.

07 February, 2011

jstrife's avatar

This is a really expert paring down of the original for people that don't have the luxury of seasons or a temperate climate. It's light enough that you can wear it as a body splash and the bottle (2009 edition) is a handsome vanity addition. Highly recommended if you are living in a sweaty climate and want sweetness that isn't cloying or overloaded.

13 April, 2010

L'Aventurier's avatar

.......Really? Like... MAN. What WERE they thinking? I agree with Carl999 that this smells like a cheap and powdery, watered-down rip-off. How can I describe this... old lady perfume? Dollar store perfume? The only highlight is that it reminds me of the original – but minus all the good stuff. Don't even bother trying this unless you live in an environment near the equator.. otherwise this just may break the heart of anyone who's a fan of the original Le Male.

08 December, 2008

Vicque's avatar

A refreshed version of Le Male... a day version of Gaultier's classic.

06 November, 2008

aromaman's avatar

It's hot (30C + in summer, never below 20C in winter), humid (80% + in summer) where I live. While I do enjoy the power of Le Male (original), the fragrance is too overpowering to wear in my city, even in winter. Le Male Summer is the answer. For sure, it's a pared back version of Le Male, and that's what makes it so enjoyable in my type of climate.

08 December, 2007

Carl999's avatar

I LOVE the original Le Male...

I HATE this version as much as I hate Fleur du Male...

It smells watered down, like, as the other two reviewers have mentions, it contains cheap window cleaner, making it smell like an inferior knock-off...

25 June, 2007

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

I thought this was new...good to see it is not. That said steer clear of this, it smells like windex + the original le male.

31st March, 2007