Reviews

Positive Reviews of Le Roy Soleil Homme by Salvador Dali

I love this perfume, it combines some floral with fruity notes, which is a unique blend ... Without refreshing citrus scent original, do not think this perfume more in Brazil, unfortunately ... I'm just a little bit, fragrance with unique personality ...
21st October, 2012 (last edited: 24th October, 2012)
My first whiff of LE ROY SOLEIL HOMME evoked shores of ivory white sands, opalescently clear blue waters, tanning lotions on sun-kissed skin and chilled pina coladas. But like a true Salvador Dali painting, it turns itself on the head and leaves me with a somewhat synthetic cedar and amber composition, with faintly metallic floral accords weaving in and out of the woods. Surreal indeed.

Yet I found it hard to shake off a niggling sense of familiarity; the topnote reminding me of the 'musk and melon' accord in Paris Hilton for Men. Ripped off? Perhaps. But what is imitation if not a flattering nod to the Dali's marketability?

The sunny bottle is cute enough but it is the intriguing yet refreshing juice that makes this perfect for summer. Add in a hefty discount and we've got ourselves a winner here. Life IS a beach.
28th January, 2010 (last edited: 30th January, 2010)
This is a summer fragrance, so don't expect anything deep and complex. But for what it is, it's a real pleasure! Bright, smooth, refreshing and invigorating.
03rd March, 2009
defo hot!
its one of those frags that you would wear around the house on a weekend off. its kinda tangy.
but that just gives it a bit of warm that simmers through out the whole wear of it, which is quite long
07th July, 2008
Prof_S Show all reviews
Le Roy Soleil must be one of those scents that develops in strikingly dissimilar ways on different people's skin. One me, it offers no hint of flowers or non-citrus fruit (Thank God!). Instead, after the initial loud blast of citrus, it begins to radiate a kind of marvelous olfactory bitterness along with the residual citrus.

Although for most of the summer I much prefer de Nicolaï's Balle de Match, when the temperature reaches the mid-nineties (~35 °C) even the de Nicolai can begin to cloy. Under these conditions Le Roy Soleil shines, and honestly is about the only frag I can stand to wear.
14th February, 2007
This is one of those scents that is deceptive as hell. Spray it on and -- true enough -- it smells very, very like the perennially boring Crave. But wait a few minutes and the "dry down" begins. That's when the wood and crisp notes start to dominate and mellow out the orange notes.

I have to admit that this one grew on me considerably, and it was a good buy, to boot. I'll probably save this one until spring (it's October now), or perhaps for an exceptionally gloomy winter's day. Very bright, very crisp, very pleasant scent. -- that honor belong's to Desprez's lamentably discontinued scent by the same name. But, hey, for the price, maybe Les Tuileries.

This is also one of those scents that'll be far more wearable for most than the far darker Dali Pour Homme.
17th October, 2006
I have just read the review of Ken Russel, which makes so little room for me... Anyway, the scent tastes well, very well in fact, and is "easy to wear", as noted before. Dynamic. Not to be well defined... My favourite notes in it are the warm and floral ones. Is it, however, warm and floral scent? Far more than that!
25th February, 2006
The Sun King indeed! Aristocracy incarnate. No, not ill-fitting tuxedos from middle class suburbia, but blue jeans and raw silk shirts as one lounges in style, languidly holding court . . .
24th February, 2006
Opulence in a bottle. One male scent different from the frequent leathery-citrus recipe, it includes notes wich seem more appealing to the taste rather than to the smell. Floral and fruity notes, subtle sweetness almost up to the point of being feminine yet remaining masculine down the line. After these lightful, solar notes folllws a hint of Orient and spice, something like vanilla without being vanilla, however a very soft, very subtle version of the otherwise mostly heavy notes of Orient and vanilla-centered spice. The name matches the scent perfectly, as this one exhales luxury, giving the sensation of ending up at an elaborate formal gathering in the palace of Versailles during the time of The Sun King at the peak of his absolute power and brilliance. This extravagant masterpiece is certainly the center of attraction at very elaborate social calls if combined with evening/romantic/vintage wear.
Vibrant fruity and solar fragrance not dissimilar to some lush, sweet-spicy creations by Hugo Boss like Bottled and Baldessarini( both exhaling refined touches of exotic fruits, vanilla, tonka and bitter-sweet spices).
19th February, 2006
I get a lot of compliments when wearing this one. A bright citrus inspired by ozonic marine scents. Excellent longevity, though not terribly unique. Reminds me of Sexual by Germain without the warmer wood notes.
15th January, 2006
I like this one a lot.. it's very 'juicy' because of the strong synthetic citrus aroma. It's light and comfortable though, very enjoyable to wear in warm weather. Cheerful. Energetic and bright.
20th September, 2005
Doctor, if I may, what is [i]THAT[/i]?, my valet asked me this morning, eyes wide open. I replied, "This, my good man, is a classic in the making, and we shall ensure a steady provision of this scent for a long time to come; for it is none other than sparkling sun rays from our quirky friend, Senor Dali, infused with aromatic citrus and fragrant woods. It is a long-lasting Guerlain Imperial crossed with Cartier's Declaration."

Wicozani
08th September, 2005
Scent reminds me of Creed, with it's depth and character. High quality stuff.
23rd January, 2005
A beautiful creation. Unique. Brilliant. Enticing. Long lasting, great sillage. Quite possibly one of the most pleasing visually and and olfactorily (is that a word? it should be)of any ever created.
This scent is sunlight falling through a cedar forest. Rich, brown, woody, deep, earthy, full, with a surprising silery topnote, reminiscent of many Etros.
25th October, 2004
Sexy, classy, easy-to-wear, dynamic, bright, expressive, attractive and long-lasting scent. Not common at all. Possibly the best of all Dali fragrances (another good one is Laguna). A winner!
08th December, 2002