Negative Reviews of Lemon Sorbet by Etro

Find out more about Lemon Sorbet by Etro in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Jestersinthemoon's avatar

If you want a great fresh and true lemon scent, go for Art of Shaving's Lemon EdT. While it may be punctuated by some white flowers, it is still a very fresh tart and clean, lemon scent that lasts all day long.

I often lean toward being very forgiving when grading Citrus scents, as Lemon/Lemon Blossom, Neroli, Bergamot, Petitgrain, and Orange Blossom tend to be some of my favorite fragrance notes. I really enjoy most predominantly citrus based scents.

However, Lemon Sorbet was a huge disappointment to me after AoS Lemon and others that successfully captured the freshness and clarity of citrus notes. It may have started out ok,though even the initial lemon top note doesn't have the tartness and sharp pop that I want. From there it was a disaster. Not only did it fail to last more than about 2 minutes on my skin, but it dried down to a kind of rancid, rotten woody smell, which, thankfully, could not be detected unless one put their nose directly on my skin.

Not impressive..........at all.

05 December, 2010

JackTwist's avatar

A great disappointment after all of these positive reviews. True lemon scent, yes! But after ten minutes it was undetectable to my nose and to the noses of several other people - I always want to fairly rate a scent with not just my personal reaction. This disappeared more quickly than any other scent I have ever tried. I love Etro's VETIVER, although it too has no longetivity, but at least that lasts a few hours. The LEMON SORBET simply disappears on my skin. Three different applications at different times of day revealed no variance in its evaporation rate, so for me I cannot rate this as a positive experience. I am glad for others that this scent treats their noses and skins well.

04 March, 2009

scenteur7's avatar

Awful - though I was hoping for something tangy, creamy and sweet, I got soemthing more akin to a cheap bottle of gin served in a smokey cafe.

15 January, 2006

IPaidForThisName's avatar

It’s no secret that I hate lemon. This was better than many lemon based fragrances I have come across (Read: DG Masculine), but it was still a little too harsh for my liking. Also, its lasting power is abysmal. Way south of an hour of life on the skin. Not worth it.

29 September, 2005