Positive Reviews of Lemon Sorbet by Etro

Find out more about Lemon Sorbet by Etro in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

rbaker's avatar

Pleasant summer scent

As expected, quite a fresh start with lemon and vetiver, but a bit subdued overall. The rosemary in the drydown is nice, and I get a somewhat salty note towards the end that is quite pleasant. Poor silage and projection though, but it lasts overall about three hours. Pleasant.

02nd September, 2013

giuspa's avatar

chapeau. A great citrusy/spicy EdT. The opening is a strong lemon bouquet, with a hint of mint. Then you'll discover other mediterranean aromas, like rosemary. It reminds a sunny day at seaside, salty sails after a regatta, freshness of a summer tide. If you want to enjoy it at its best, I do suggest to hold it in a refrigerator and use it when it's still cold. It will emit all its shades slowly, and at the same time you will feel a fantastic and energetic sensation of freshness.

08th September, 2012

drseid's avatar

I am somewhat hesitant to give this one a thumbs up, because similar to Trumper's Extract of West Indian Limes, it just disappears after a minute or two on my skin. That said, it is quite the minute, as the lemon blast you get from Etro's Lemon Sorbet is an incredible natural lemon top note that I just love. Then the scent nearly disappears, leaving only the faintest trace of a mild musky herbal base that stays a skin scent for the duration. I definitely like the scent and award it 3 stars out of 5, but due to the longevity issues I can't recommend a buy... Oh do I so wish I could prolong the top notes on this one...

28th January, 2012 (Last Edited: 22nd December, 2012)

scentsitivity's avatar

I think of sorbets as intensely fruity and sweet. So I was surprised to find Etro's Lemon Sorbet to lack sweetness. However, I still think it is a good scent. On initial application there is a blast of fresh carrot, which diminishes quickly and the lemon shows through. I like the lemon because it doesn't have that "furniture polish" feel. Rather it is a bold, fresh unsweetened lemon, with a touch of earthiness in the background. With the heart an herbal character emerges, with rosemary dominating. Eventually vetiver comes through. All the while you can get a touch of the lemon. I get 6 decent hours out of this EdC. I like this one, but not enough to buy it.

Notes, per the Etro website are:

Top: Bergamot, Lemon, Orange, Petitgrain (Citrus)
    Heart: Lavender, Rosemary (Spicy)
    Base: Sandalwood, Vetiver (Woody)

19th August, 2008

Jemimagold's avatar

This is just my kind of citrus fragrance: lemony, zesty, dry, spicy with a hint of rosemary. As Racheal Ray would say on her TV show, “Yum-o!” The only thing that bothers me though about Lemon Sorbet is its woeful lack of sillage and the way it leaves my skin after 30-40 minutes. I just want to yell, “Hey, come back, Lemon Sorbet. I really liked you!”

Here are Lemon Sorbet's notes, as gleaned from various perfume websites: lemon, rosemary, vetiver, bergamot, orange, lavender.

07th May, 2008

Quarry's avatar

I love how fragrances can run the gamut, from bloody melodramatic to stiffly austere. LS surely resides on Bare Bones Boulevard. It's wet note -- available only for one inhalation and even preceding its real top notes--comes close to a scent I've dreamed of finding: fresh carrot. It's cool, wet, slightly sweet and vegetal. With a second breath, the lemon and rosemary are kicking in, but I can't locate these notes more than a few millimeters away from the skin. A bitterness lasts for sheer minutes, and then the real fragrance is locked in, dry, reserved, and perfect for a professional environment--ideal for a modern architect like Frank Gehry. The only similar scent I've tried is Aromafit (d/c by Lancome), which was a dilute carrot and orange juice blend.

Lemon Sorbet, isn't as desserty as its name implies, and its lack of sillage and longevity are the reason most aren't investing in a bottle. I, too, don't find this even quite decant worthy. It's clearly test worthy. Additionally, given a recent queasiness with smells, it's one of the few scents that I can wear with impunity.

16th October, 2007

tigrushka's avatar

Finland Finland

I don't usually go for lemon scents, they are supposed to be fresh but have a tendency to go stale.

But I do like Lemon Sorbet a lot, I guess it's the rosemary and vetiver notes that make it so special. Very uplifting and energizing scent, guaranteed Etro quality.

09th August, 2006

Naed_Nitram's avatar

Peace to the previous reviewer but no cigarette smoke in evidence here, so far as I can tell. Instead, a fairly conventional citrus opening leads to a quite wonderful and unique development of subtle spices. Special stuff and hard to put one's finger on. Could be longer lasting.

21st July, 2005