Negative Reviews of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

Genre: Woody Oriental

This is basically a very sweet gourmand woody oriental scent with a generous dollop of anise or licorice on top and a good deal of sweet powder underneath. Wearing Lolita Lempicka pour Homme, I’m briefly reminded of Yohji Homme, perhaps because of the licorice note. Briefly, because Lolita Lempicka au Masculin’s licorice is married to a monstrous, grating synthetic woody base note.

At first it seems as if the cool, bittersweet licorice accord might actually manage to balance the crude foundation, but instead it loses ground steadily until, after an hour, it’s completely overcome. The base notes are as loud as they are banal, and project for yards around me. I can report that Lolita Lempicka au Masculin is also murder to scrub off, and I still smell it after raking my skin raw with a stiff brush and hot water. Too bad – without that nasty foundation it could a’ been a contender…
19th June, 2014
Bad Choice

Smells like woman cheap make up... I don't like it at all.

Pros: Packing

21st May, 2013
This is really awful. On paper as well as on my skin, in the first two hours I smell nothing but a certain kind of cheap asian food.
It's fine if you are hungry but it's nothing I'd like tom smell after. And I wouldn't like others to smell like this.
Then I tried to scrub it off but you can't now after about 6 hours the food smell is gone an a very sweet floral scent remains. Very good for a woman, I think but nothing for a man.
Thumbs down - bad stinker.
13th September, 2012

This does not smell nice. I threw away my 95% full bottle.

It smells like anise/liquorice mixed with make-up(lipstick, foundation...). It is sweet but not in a nice way. The bottle feels and looks tacky.

24th March, 2012

Got this as a gift from a very special person in 2010, but I couldn't get to like it. Totally funky edge to this - bottle and designer brand, but I actually had to search for this fragrance online to see if it really was masculine.

The scent was irritating to the nose - made me sneeze and caused the asthmatics in the house to say how "bad" it was. Very industrialised scent; not natural at all.

Certainly wouldn't buy this.
31st May, 2011
Originally I enjoyed LLAM, but after exploring other anise notes, I find the one in LLAM to be sickening. It's just way too strong and it sets on a base of vanilla which makes it even worse. The woman's version is actually much better and can easily be pulled off by a male. Unless you absolutely love the smell of black licorice stay far away!
08th March, 2011 (last edited: 22nd January, 2013)
JDBIII Show all reviews
Anise is quite prominent in the top notes but is quickly replaced with coumarin. I love anise. Coumarin, however, is another matter. When used in small quantities as a supporting player it has great value, but as a lead ingredient it becomes obnoxious fairly quickly. Sadly, this is the case with LLAM. I don't doubt the quality of materials and construction.
The only fragrance that showcases coumarin that I can wear is Mouchoir de Monsieur which is less sweet than LLAM and a bit naughtier.
30th August, 2010
I just can't get past that awful aniseed/licorice smell in this fragrance. That killed it for me. I'll try a revisit soon, but i dont expect a different reaction.
09th September, 2009
It's sweet but not in a masculine way. I do not enjoy it it. I'll give it to my mother perhaps she'll wear it.
07th July, 2009
Eliza Show all reviews
Something in there stifles me and depresses me after a half hour of wearing this. I don't know what note it is. I just don't feel pretty when wearing it. I get a "lack of oxygen" feeling.
18th March, 2009
A synthetic, sweet and heavy gourmand along the lines of Body Kouros and Le Male, but with strong notes of anise/black licorice. It's like Le Male, but without any of the elegant barbershop or floral accords, and an overdose of something thick and cloying. When I first smelled this on my wrist I have to admit that I thought it was great, but as the day wore on I felt myself getting nauseous. Lolita Lempicka hits you like a freight train and never stops to let you off - it just keeps dragging you along into the night. Worst part about this scrubber is that it just wouldn't come off!

If you’re allergic to or sensitive perfumes or fragrances in general, stay away from this one.

P.S. If you like Body Kouros, you'll love this, as they're pretty much the same scent plus or minus the anise of Lolita Lempicka and the smoky accords of Body Kouros.
06th December, 2008 (last edited: 23rd November, 2009)
Mookie Show all reviews
I'm not a fan of ouzo or licorice. I could never suffer myself to consume either. That said, I found this scent oddly intriguing at first, until the anise crept its way into my nose. If I could learn to enjoy the anise, this would be a great scent for me. But I can't.

The vanilla and cedarwood are very pleasing at the drydown. So if you like licorice or ouzo, give this one a shot.
08th May, 2008
The fairy glade at midnight. Rustle of ivy leaves. Under pallid moonbeams, the Prince of Elves (an enchanting, mysterious fellow) meets the Goblin King (grotesque, sickly, and slightly mad). It is not clear whether they will attack each other or embrace each other. The tension is real, even if it is all a rather too conscious exercise in eccentricity. A touch disgusting, let the strange revels begin! (de Charlus)
30th April, 2008

bbobkc Show all reviews
I wanted to like this and I did at first but after wearing it a full day I was actually nauseated by it. Too sweet and rich for me.
09th January, 2008
All I smell in this scent is anise. It smells almost exactly like Ouzo and makes me very nauseous. It makes my head spin, and not in a good way. I gave it three fair tries and it made me feel punch drunk and ill everytime. Make sure you test this one before you buy it.
03rd June, 2007
Randolph is accurate. I went to the store counter to smell lolita and as soon as i smelled it i thought good and plenty. if that is the smell you are going for, then this one is for you! imho it is way too sweet and it reminds me of going to the movie theatre as a kid, sticky floors, popcorn, and standing in lines...
04th November, 2006
I really don't appreciate all of the anise. Lempicka starts out way too sweet. It smells almost exactly like Good 'n Plenty candiy right out of the bottle. It mellows out eventually, but the anise still ruins it for me.
21st October, 2006
nice smell shame its so faint and lasts all of about 5 minutes!
25th January, 2005 (last edited: 20th February, 2005)
stuigi Show all reviews
Way too much anise for me!!!!!
12th December, 2004
I don't like this fragrance,smell like a candy with anis seed made in my country.
28th April, 2003