Reviews

Negative Reviews of LP No.9 for Men by Penhaligon's

JonB Show all reviews
I must not be smelling the same thing as many of you; all I can say is "YUCK". This is right up there with the worst fragrance s I've ever smelled. I hope I never have to smell this again. Big, big thumbs down on LP.no9.
28th July, 2010
Even if you were to use an Electron Microscope, you still would not be able to locate my interest in this bland concoction. The top notes are bearable, fresh and full of promise of future treasures. Sadly, it was a quick descent into what one can only describe as Deep Heat meets vanilla. In fairness, the drydown is a muted version of this, but it is a trite piece of chemistry that is on offer here.
26th January, 2009
Absolutely vile, they created this as a joke, so I heard. Ungaro III blows this out of the stratosphere.
17th June, 2007
zztopp Show all reviews
(C)love Potion No.9 starts off in a promising manner with smooth citrus notes. However these are fairly short lived and what you experience next is what this fragrance is all about - clove, clove, clove, which I dont love, love, love, at all. The notes pyramid is quite varied and on paper/webpage sounds dynamic. However in actuality, this is a clove-based fragrance, with a bit of cinnamon thrown in. Heavy, slightly cool, clove. All other middle and basenotes are hardly perceptible to the nose.

If you like clove, you will love this; if you dont, well then this will be too much of a one-note fragrance for you to handle since it has monster longevity and sillage. Depending on your love of clove, this is either a 5-star or a 1-star fragrance. I know which camp I am in.
14th September, 2006
Far, far too much going on in this fragrance for my liking. Nothing harmonizes or flows. It's a droning buzz of cinnamon and cloves and God knows what else. Maybe for a breathmint, but not for skin. I admit I cannot judge on the drydown. I couldn't stand it long enough for that before scrubbing it off.
16th August, 2006