Neutral Reviews of Axe Phoenix / Lynx Phoenix by Axe / Lynx

Find out more about Axe Phoenix / Lynx Phoenix by Axe / Lynx in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Darvant's avatar

The metallic initial watermelon effect reminds me a bit the first stage of Narciso Rodriguez For Him  which with it shares the notes of musk, violet and some citrus (not listed in For Him). Phoenix is floral and at the beginning a bit rough and airy-boise' before fading in something smoother and leathery. The combination of leather and musk tames a bit the roughness of citrus, florals and earthy synthetic notes but the smell remains still harsh and masculine. Too metallic for long time the main accord of citrus-violet-geranium-lavender. A good deodorant anyway.

19 September, 2011

ortho123's avatar

I revisted this one after a test run with Axe Fever. 2 years later, I do get the effort that went into Phoenix but it's somewhat lost on me. Strong, somewhat cloying, it builds around the now infamous Axe "can house note" with a kind of teetering effect between violet and leather. OK, but somewhat Calvin Klownish.

15 September, 2009

In3rtia's avatar

To me, all axe deodorant sprays have the same metallic scent to them which is overwhelming even in small doses. once you get past the initial scent however, it has a nice citrus and floral combination that smells quite good (much better than everything else in the axe line, in my opinion). Unfortunately, it just doesn't last on me, after an hour it is completely gone

11th August, 2009

Cygnus's avatar

As far as axe goes the best I've smelled, it was my favorite in 8th grade...now I just can't stand axe. It's synthetic smelling but not bad either. Unique, to say the least. Ok for informal wear but wear real cologne on a date or something. The women won't run to you if you're wearing this.

16 July, 2009

NaturalBornThrilla's avatar

like all Axe products love the sent had the lasting power. On me all the Axe products literally last depending on which one I use anywhere from 5 mins to an hour. I mean I love all the Axe sents they need to come out with a cologne or at least an after shave.

25 December, 2005

Stuffman's avatar

One of the more distinct "drugstore scents" out there. Before discovering "real" cologne, I was a big Axe user, prefering Kilo, Voodoo, and a mix of the two (two parts Kilo to one part Voodoo is a very good combination). My friend who worked at a record store somehow managed to get an entire garbage bag full of samplers of this fragrance (used for some sort of promotion; he must have had at least 500 bottles). There is something captivating about the scent, and though it has grown on me over time, I'm still not a big fan of it. One of the scent components of this fragrance strongly reminds me of that of semen (perhaps why so many people I know find this scent "erotic," "naughty," or downright "sexual"). Compared to a traditional cologne or EdT, like all other "drugstore scents," it lacks the complexity and depth that make scents so enjoyable in the first place. If you like this scent, but want to step up to something a bit more sophisticated, Acqua di Gio pour Homme... though that scent is a bit overrated and overpopular and not to my taste, at least one is able to appreciate the dynamic nature of a real cologne rather than the flat and one-dimensional characteristics of these "drugstore scents"

19 August, 2005