Reviews of Axe Phoenix / Lynx Phoenix by Axe / Lynx

Find out more about Axe Phoenix / Lynx Phoenix by Axe / Lynx in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

dallasfan's avatar

For $4-8 for a can it's a good deal, it's imo the best smelling axe, easiest one to like.

Good smell, probably doesn't last to long, projects good at first but is way too strong at first go easy on the trigger. If they made an edt version of this i'd probably think about buying it, it smells very good.

Pros: smells very nice and clean, and is very cheap
    Cons: To much alcohol at first, it's very strong at top"

29th August, 2013

noirdrakkar's avatar

The least offensive Axe scent.

Still, if you are older than 18 or graduated from high school, it's time to stop wearing this.

20th December, 2011

Darvant's avatar

The metallic initial watermelon effect reminds me a bit the first stage of Narciso Rodriguez For Him  which with it shares the notes of musk, violet and some citrus (not listed in For Him). Phoenix is floral and at the beginning a bit rough and airy-boise' before fading in something smoother and leathery. The combination of leather and musk tames a bit the roughness of citrus, florals and earthy synthetic notes but the smell remains still harsh and masculine. Too metallic for long time the main accord of citrus-violet-geranium-lavender. A good deodorant anyway.

19th September, 2011

Trapjaw's avatar

quite addictive. has a nice fresh smell on top and cools down quite nice

03rd November, 2009

's avatar

All of the Axe / Lynx body sprays are just so common and vulgar.

09th October, 2009

ortho123's avatar

I revisted this one after a test run with Axe Fever. 2 years later, I do get the effort that went into Phoenix but it's somewhat lost on me. Strong, somewhat cloying, it builds around the now infamous Axe "can house note" with a kind of teetering effect between violet and leather. OK, but somewhat Calvin Klownish.

15th September, 2009

In3rtia's avatar

To me, all axe deodorant sprays have the same metallic scent to them which is overwhelming even in small doses. once you get past the initial scent however, it has a nice citrus and floral combination that smells quite good (much better than everything else in the axe line, in my opinion). Unfortunately, it just doesn't last on me, after an hour it is completely gone

11th August, 2009

Cygnus's avatar

As far as axe goes the best I've smelled, it was my favorite in 8th grade...now I just can't stand axe. It's synthetic smelling but not bad either. Unique, to say the least. Ok for informal wear but wear real cologne on a date or something. The women won't run to you if you're wearing this.

16th July, 2009

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

Body spray.

Oh how much I have always been hoping that this was released in a form of an EdT. I think it would be an excellent scent.

Phoenix (judging now from body spray) is a very unique scent to me; it is almost completely incomparable. It smells very odd to me.

The aroma is very earthy and freshly warm – almost hot - to me and completely masculine. That musky leather note is very compelling and different. It smells kind of raunchy. Not particularly animalic, but just….raunchy.
    It is sort of amusing to think that some young chaps are wearing this at school and places, since I really do think some people around the wearer aren’t capable of thinking it is some sort of fragrance, but more like the guy has some weird and slightly off-putting natural odour thing going on….

Like I said I would love to see an EdT version of this. It would probably find its way to my collection immediately.

03rd March, 2009

chris57's avatar

I bought a stick of the deodorant and used it until it ran out. Its very calming and not overley spicy. It lasted all day, Axe makes very good deodorant.

25th December, 2006

zztopp's avatar

Great stuff e - smells musky + fresh. Lacks the complexity of the mainstream fragrances like Cool Water, but if you are limited to body sprays, this is the best of the Axe line.

11th August, 2006

NaturalBornThrilla's avatar

like all Axe products love the sent had the lasting power. On me all the Axe products literally last depending on which one I use anywhere from 5 mins to an hour. I mean I love all the Axe sents they need to come out with a cologne or at least an after shave.

25th December, 2005

Uzkalnis's avatar

Phoenix does not smell of anything connected with a desert or for that matter anything connected with Phoenix, AZ... but it still is a nicely structured, very masculine fragrance, with good earthy/salty tones and a brilliant leather base. Do not worry that it comes from a supermarket. It is an interesting, memorable smell.

06th October, 2005

Stuffman's avatar

One of the more distinct "drugstore scents" out there. Before discovering "real" cologne, I was a big Axe user, prefering Kilo, Voodoo, and a mix of the two (two parts Kilo to one part Voodoo is a very good combination). My friend who worked at a record store somehow managed to get an entire garbage bag full of samplers of this fragrance (used for some sort of promotion; he must have had at least 500 bottles). There is something captivating about the scent, and though it has grown on me over time, I'm still not a big fan of it. One of the scent components of this fragrance strongly reminds me of that of semen (perhaps why so many people I know find this scent "erotic," "naughty," or downright "sexual"). Compared to a traditional cologne or EdT, like all other "drugstore scents," it lacks the complexity and depth that make scents so enjoyable in the first place. If you like this scent, but want to step up to something a bit more sophisticated, Acqua di Gio pour Homme... though that scent is a bit overrated and overpopular and not to my taste, at least one is able to appreciate the dynamic nature of a real cologne rather than the flat and one-dimensional characteristics of these "drugstore scents"

19th August, 2005

chris_cologne's avatar

The best of the Axe body sprays. For $4.00 a can, it's worth trying.

16th January, 2004