Negative Reviews of Maxims pour Homme by Maxims

Find out more about Maxims pour Homme by Maxims in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

nout's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

I am not a 'connoisseur', but I know what I like.
    What's with the positive reviews? and probably written people who have a better, more trained nose than I have.
    ???
    I thought this was a clear one
    I looked up Maxims (the last time I checked there weren't any reviews written), just to confirm I wasn't the only poor soul who ever had the misfortune to smells this ghastly EDT.
    Yes I was in for a laugh, I love to read bad reviews.
    I owned a 30 ml bottle of it , it was sold cheap for 10 guilders (which is about 5 US Dollar) at the time and while everyone liked it, mostly girls and women ("what a sweet scent!") I loathed it and gave it to my mother.

She still had the botle and only recently I took it back, just curious if my taste had changed over the years?
    Nope.
    Maxims is probably the most aggressively sweet and sharp scent I ever smelled.
    I don't smell any notes, just a splash of sweets and 'fresh'
    What kind of "fresh" is it?
    Honestly, I cannot come up with anything.

It is discontinued (obviously for a good reason) but anyone who is curious about this scent should try out Boss' Baldessarini, which is almost as nauseating sweet and a true migraine trigger as Maxims is/was.

04th May, 2009

j_dubyah's avatar

Truly a representative fragrance of the Chypre-laden eighties-style scents. Not bad on occasion, but incredibly heavy with very little development overall.

06th December, 2002