Reviews of Millésime Impérial by Creed

Find out more about Millésime Impérial by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Ryanmmas26's avatar
    Ryanmmas26

When I bought this I blind bought it just knowing how good Creeds other fragrances were and my favorite colognes are airy,fruity ones so I thought this was sure to be a new favorite for me. Unfortunatly, though I found out the hard way why its important to sample stuff first

I must say though that this is very nice and all but it didnt quite live up to my expectations. I really did enjoy the salty opening and the fruitiness of it but honestly theres a lot of designer scents that have a similar vibe to this that I like a lot better than this that are also a lot more kind to my wallet.

Like I said the opening is nice but im not too big a fan of the heart and drydown in this as they smell a little bland on my skin at least and I much rather prefer I AM KING and Love and Luck over this.

08 February, 2014

SereneGreen's avatar
    SereneGreen

Varies from fruity marine to sweet cedar to a floral musk. Can occasionally get too spicy and a little woodier than what you might expect from an aquatic, but mostly is gentle and pleasant. Overall, one of Creed's best for sure.

16 December, 2013

dno101's avatar
    dno101

Very nice, though short lived. Is it worth the price? I don't know. But "if you're fond of melons and salty air..."

14 December, 2013

VanMarlton's avatar
    VanMarlton

I dont get it

I have tried this a couple of times and it really just doesnt work for me. I find this scent revolting actually.. It is like smelling a slice of melon pickled in sea water.. Yuck! How is this even so popular? Not sure what to do with whats left in my sample bottle.

Pros:
    Cons: Unwearable"

11th September, 2013

moneygold's avatar
    moneygold

Have to agree on the "odd-sour" opening

Pretty good scent. For some reason though, it tends to make me a bit nauseous in the beginning. I'm not sure why because the scent does have its fine points. Maybe it just doesn't mix well with my chemistry.

Pros: Relatively nice scent. Does have a rather strange scent at first. Dry down is a bit better.
    Cons: Cost and while I don't think it's an offensive smell, it might not work in an office environment"

10th September, 2013

DMA's avatar
    DMA

Nice!

Well, what can I say?

Got this one at last, and I have to say its really nice.

The beginning though is very harsh and smells odd, you can smell the clash of various citruses and its very sour and strange, but after 15 minutes on me, which is probally already the beginning of the drydown it takes on this very powdery/salty/sweet melon tone. Its very nice. :)

yes its very nice, and yes weve all smept it before, there is some similarities to sporty/powdery scents here, but with an added kind of perfumey touch to it.

The melon scent fades and fades gradually overtime, getting more delicate and subtle, until alas its finally over.

Ive read alot of people complaining about the duration of this scent, and that the drydown comes all to quickly, but to be honest i would not want to smell like the opening at all, it really is the subtle powdery melon scent that i find very attractive, although if i was to be critical i would say id prefer this is it wasnt so perfumey.

Overall good purchase and im very pleased, but I do prefer Aventus!

Pros: Great smell!
    Cons: Youve smelt similar before! The opening smells odd and sour. The overall scent is slightly femine/perfumey"

09 August, 2013

ROYALSQUAD's avatar
    ROYALSQUAD

ROYAL

Absolutely adore this fragrance. It's the salt + melon that keeps me uplifted every single time I smell this guy. I always get this image in my head of myself sitting on the beach, a palace behind me, and a clear ocean right in front me with a breeze that carries the scent of salt to my nose while I'm eating a melon.

The only problem with this fragrance is the poor longevity! I only get 2 hours tops

Overall, it's a must buy!

(actually did a blind buy)

Pros: Smell
    Cons: Longetivity=weak

24 June, 2013

SigloV's avatar
    SigloV

Gorgeous fresh ocean breeze fragrance

I'm going to start by saying that on me this Creed has amazing longevity. I applied 3 sprays at 8am and its now 11pm and I can still clearly detect the scent on me. It does wear close to the skin but that is exactly what I want from a fragrance. I have no desire to aphysiate my coworkers. I just want to smell good and to project an air of clean, cool confidence. IM does exactly that.

The top notes of salty sea air and fruity lemon and melon stick around for a good hour on my skin before the scent dries down to the ambergris Creed base - but even after the dry down the top notes appear to come and go during the day - probably due to changing body temperature and environmental conditions.

I have owned GIT and SMW and I would say that on the dry down it gets increasingly hard to tell these apart from MI. GIT in particular seems to morph into MI over time - SMW retains some of its inky tea character.

In in all a great summer time Creed - but maybe you don't need to own it if you already have GIT and/or SMW.

Pros: Fantastic warm weather scent, Creed house style
    Cons: price, pehaps too similar to GIT and SMW

21st June, 2013

SnapDemon's avatar
    SnapDemon

Amazing Top Notes

I love the top notes of watermelon and sea salt. But I am not fond of Musk, so after the first 30 minutes, this fragrance turns sour for me.

Pros: Great crisp top notes
    Cons: The musk in the basenotes

11th June, 2013

Skelly's avatar
    Skelly

Fresh as a Fresh Cleaning Product

Reminds me of 'Flash with Febreze Freshness New Zealand Springs All-Purpose Cleaner' which is very nice as all purpose cleaners go, but I wouldn't want to wear the stuff.

Pros: It's fresh! Yes: F. R. E. S. H.
    Cons:

03 June, 2013

arindam43's avatar
    arindam43

Beautiful sea breeze that fades rather quickly, sadly.

I have actually done something of a full 180 on this - the first time I smelled it I thought it was absolutely horrid, just a harsh saltwater and little else. I did give it a few more tries, and have come to the conclusion that my first experience may have been an example of those notorious Creed batch variations - I did eventually end sampling "good" batches where the lovely melon and floral notes are in perfect balance with the salt. The top appears to be more melon + salt, before eventually giving way to the floral notes in the dry down. The salt gives it a nice, semi-masculine twist, which gives an overall impression of a cool sea breeze. MI is a very safe scent compared to many other Creeds, so if you're looking for a compliment getter it's a good place to start. I have had a supervisor at work tell me it was "the best thing she had ever smelled in her life."

MI is a more subtle scent in terms of projection - definitely noticeable in close range, but not so much beyond a few feet. I personally feel that this restraint suits the scent perfectly. Unfortunately, when it comes to MI's well documented longevity issues, I have little to say except that it does fade very quickly - top notes are gone within an hour and the whole thing barely last 3 hours on my skin. I have yet to wear it out in hot weather though (and I live in Texas, where it gets hot and stays hot for a long time!), and this is most commonly billed a "summer scent", so I am still holding out hope for better performance on my skin in the future.

Although the longevity issues do detract from this other fantastic scent somewhat, it is still a winner in my book. Probably not worth retail price, but definitely bottle worthy if you can find a legitimate one at a reasonably discounted price.

24 May, 2013

comfortablynumbbg's avatar
    comfortablynumbbg
    Bulgaria Bulgaria

On a good batch it's really nice smelling, on a bad batch it smells bad. On a good batch, it lasts a few hours more than the first few hours; on a bad batch it lasts 3 hours and that's it. Too weak, no projection, inconsistency in smell (even in newer batches)..too risky. Shame really.

10th May, 2013

Danielstripedtiger's avatar
    Danielstripedtiger

I blind-bought a bottle of this b/c it was so praised on BN. Every time "Best fragrance ever" is posted, MI pops up. Well, it was the most expensive bottle of generic floral nothing that I ever bought. I am not a "Creed Hater" I own MI, GIT, Royal Oud, Aventus...and they are all unique. BUT this is a floral, generic scent. If it had a designer label instead of the Creed label, people would be criticizing its boring scent. I wouldn't mind so much except that it was $200. That is the kick in the teeth. It's longevity is 4hrs without having to lift the shirt.

28 March, 2013 (Last Edited: 30th March, 2013)

Justin Case's avatar
    Justin Case

This could be Silver Mountain Water plus melon, minus the tea. It also reminds me of many other popular fragrances such as Hugo by Hugo Boss. Nevertheless, the quality and the fact that it preceded those similar frags makes it a winner to me. The fruitiness is tamed by the complexity and the ambergris base.

This is just a very pleasant, light, warm, soothing, fruity masculine fragrance that I'm planning to wear for work. The opposite of intimidating.

21st March, 2013 (Last Edited: 11th April, 2013)

bobsmells's avatar
    bobsmells

I tend to flip flop a lot when I first smell a fragrance so I can't write reviews until after several wearings. It is a good thing. When I first smelled MI I thought; "Very generic and boring...especially for a scent that costs so much." Now I sort of get it. I don't smell anything that other people smell. This doesn't really smell like anything in nature. I do get a salty vibe...but I don't smell salt per se. And I smell a fruity smell but nothing specific (maybe pear??) The bottom line is that this smells good especially in warmer weather. Probably in my top 5 for summer.

14 March, 2013

Diogenes65's avatar
    Diogenes65

I honestly wish I knew what the hype is about. This is a very generic smelling forgettable fragrance. It smells like any other forgettable sports scent out there. There is nothing different about this than a dept. store fragrance obtainable for under $30. Stick with GIT or Aventus, at least you won't smell like every high school jock who bought the latest sports flanker...

14 March, 2013

Yankee Al's avatar
    Yankee Al

Very nice summer scent

11th January, 2013

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

Zesty fruity top paired with a breezy cool aquatic accord that lasted all of 3 hours on my skin as it gives way to that typical Creed faux ambergris drydown. MILLESIME IMPERIAL is a pleasantly refreshing fragrance that was [imho] perfected and overtaken a year later in 1996 by Armani's sensational Aqua di Gio pour Homme. Tightwads around the world, rejoice!

28 November, 2012

Possum-Pie's avatar
    Possum-Pie

Smells like a generic flanker. If this had been put out by YSL, or Chanel, people would be ranting as to how little creativity was used, and giving it overwhelming thumbs down. BUT because it came from the great house of Creed, it gets thumbs up. It isn't bad, but not worthy of wasting your money on. Mellon and floral. big deal.

30th October, 2012

Scent Troll's avatar
    Scent Troll

Candied cantilope sweat, smoked to imperfection. Safe when used as directed.

14 October, 2012

rum's avatar
    rum
    Greece Greece

I don't usually review any scent on here after owning it for a good amount of time. I've had MI for approx 5 months and have been using it throughout the summer months both in the UK (rubbish summer this year) and whilst abroad in the Mediterranean.

I had sampled this several times in recent years and found it awful. All I could detect was a horrible base with nothing very interesting about it at all. Following much speculation on here about the 2011 batches I was able to try one and subsequently purchased. It was a complete epiphany for me!!

This is basically GIT's dry down but with a *very* fruity top. The mandarin and lemon really stand out for me and combined with the iris they give that 'melon' effect which comes out on top like a fresh cut fruit salad. Just like GIT needs damp weather to work, MI needs heat - so don't think this is a year-round scent. I can see myself coming out of a hot shower on a cool winter evening and spraying his on myself to get a warm feeling of summer.

The sea scent is ingenious. I can actually 'smell' the salt. Back in my home country we call this the "iodine" scent of the sea. I'm not sure if the sea has iodine in it, but in a nutshell this is the fresh scent that you get when sat by the sea, inhaling the air. Some strong memories come flooding back of summer holidays in the hot and humid Mediterranean climate, visiting my grand parents.

I think aside from batch variations (which are pathetic), this is a well made, inoffensive scent, even when sprayed sparingly. Definitely a thumbs up from me now and a compliment getter.

12 September, 2012

sjg3839's avatar
    sjg3839

This one is pure class in a bottle! Unisex fragrance with floral and light musk notes. At first spray, you won't see what all the hype is about. Give it about a hour, and the hype is exposed. Received many compliments wearing MI, all year round.

22 August, 2012 (Last Edited: 05 December, 2013)

kassana's avatar
    kassana

Seriously what is the big deal about this? Luckily i didn't buy a friend of mine had a bottle which he raves about. i tried it over some time to give it a fair chance.

I mean it's so generic, it doesn't justify the price tag. My father used to wear Avon aftershaves that smelled the same as this. It lasts about ten seconds and then it's gone.

I really do not understand the hype.

17 August, 2012

rpm0070's avatar
    rpm0070

After discovering Creed Fragrances from my father I made a blind purchase of MI online. I initially disliked the fragrance. My expectations were very high from everything I had read and it wasn't what I had imagined. I didn't get the hint of melon that people had been mentioning. The fragrance was not bad, just not what I had expected. All things aside, I wore the scent for the next few days and fell in love. I believe once air mixed with the scent, it transformed. I cannot help but smell a very strong note of lush melon. I just started working at a new office and it has been great for a young, professional setting. I have received a few compliments on the scent from people in the office and I believe it compliments my personality well. I will say the longevity is low. On a good day I will get 6 hours out of this on the average about 4. I still prefer this over Green Irish Tweed. Side note- my father purchased MI from Neiman's shortly after I bought mine and his is not getting nearly as much of the melon note as mine.

15 June, 2012

FISS80's avatar
    FISS80

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL projection and longevity. Quality fragrance but absolutely not worth the money. GIT or SMW are much better alternatives IMO
    Edit:
    I have come around to this. Very nice, must be worn during cool spring days to work on my skin. The right temperature gives me 6-8 hours longevity, 3-4 hours projection

26 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 30th March, 2013)

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

Nobody at Creed Towers thought Beyond Banal was a particularly good name for a fragrance, so they plumped for MI. Hyped up by all the heavy breathing on the net forums about this one, I couldn't believe what I was sniffing. This is such a generic masculine – cool citrus with synthetic herby twangs – that it pained me to try it on my skin. Not that its badly made, just crushingly dull.

18 May, 2012

Harlequin's avatar
    Harlequin

I agree with the thespark. Something about this fragrance makes me feel happy but unfortunately the euphoria is tempered quickly when you remember the price tag. I wish this lasted a bit longer but on my skin - 4 hours tops (hence the neutral rating). Versatile, inoffensive, simple fragrance. Will I buy it again? Not sure.

08 April, 2012

noirdrakkar's avatar
    noirdrakkar

Perfect ten out of ten.

As it is a unisex scent, it is a bit feminine but still easily wearable for a man, and recommended for either gender. It is floral with fresh quality ingredients. It is a safe scent that wont offend. It is sweet without being cloying. Fresh without being generic.

It is a scent that every fragrance collector must try.

Its expensive but if you have the money, it is an easy recommendation.

31st March, 2012

thespark's avatar
    thespark
    Egypt Egypt

Words can't describe how beautiful this scent truly is. I have a 2009 batch, and even on days I don't wear it, I take it out just to smell the sprayer. At the risk of sounding like a complete burk, this smell really makes me feel happy. Many bash this for supposed poor longevity, but I get a solid 8+ hours every time. I also get a ridiculous amount of compliments; I was at a party and I met this girl who rang up a mutual friend the next day just to tell him "your friend smells amazing". The best.

17 March, 2012

Preston H's avatar
    Preston H

Thumbs way up for this one!! This is a divine citrus that's very sharp and crisp at the opening, and is soft musk like towards the end. It doesn't last all day but that's ok I don't work so I'm not sweating this off. I wear this out to dinner, parties, ect so 4-6 hours is more than enough.

15 March, 2012