Neutral Reviews of Nobile by Gucci

Find out more about Nobile by Gucci in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

TropiRock's avatar

I realize the classic status of this fragrance and as such, it would have been considerably easier for me to give a positive rating, but I just can't do it. To do so, I would have compromised my true assessment and would have betrayed the spirit of user reviews here on basenotes. Nobile is OK and yes, I do own it -- but it is not all that unique and even to my old nose, it smells very old-fashioned. One or two other reviewers mentioned that Nobile has a lingering essence of a dirty ashtray and I completely agree. The other notes (mainly green and woody notes) just aren't forceful enough to push that lingering ashtray odor aside. I'm wearing Nobile at this very moment and in my mind, I can picture someone's grandfather sitting in the den with that smelly ashtray nearby. The room smells like a blend of grandfather's flowery after-shave, smoldering embers in the fireplace, and....that ashtray. Better yet, make that SEVERAL ashtrays.

12th January, 2011

bokaba's avatar

Should have been called Gucci Woods. The opening is an aromatic fougere with a generous helping of spices that reminds me of the soapy opening of Safari for Men, but after this, it quickly digresses to a mélange of woods particularly cedar, sandalwood, and pine from which there is no return. The sillage and longevity is immense, which is Nobile’s only positive quality. If only the top notes never faded…

17th October, 2009 (Last Edited: 10th November, 2009)

The1's avatar

i found this in an abandoned shopping cart come to find out its worth like 150$ lol. I dont really care for it but every time I wear it people are all over me I almost think men are attracted to this scent more than women which isnt that great for me

23rd April, 2009

lex's avatar

nobile, lets see. the main thing about this is that nobile has a resemblance of a man of class. i place nobile in the elite class of scents. sometimes i feel like im lost in a forest surrounded by pine trees when I smell nobile.

12th August, 2006 (Last Edited: 21st September, 2012)

flee's avatar

Umm.when I first tried it it was ok and that has been bout 2 months ago and I haven't wore it since.I don't know its just too stout or somethin or as my wife says somethin a older man would wear.I have mixed feelings bout this 1.maybe I need 2 just wear it for a week straight(put it through the test) and see what happens.but right now I hate it but the good reviews that it has on here makes me think maybe it will grow on me...I prefer gucci envy over nobile today

17th January, 2006