Negative Reviews of Odeur 53 by Comme des Garçons

Find out more about Odeur 53 by Comme des Garçons in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Possum-Pie's avatar

Nasty melted plastic and water...there is a bit of something...ozone...Not very creative

26th January, 2013

Roge''s avatar

Hey, do you want a free sample of this? Well look no further.The sample is the air you breathe aka it smells like nothing...literally.

10th June, 2012

Bo Darville's avatar

After the initial mélange of various ozonic/electrical scents, all that I can smell is nail polish, and it lasts forever. Do you want to smell like a TV screen smeared with nail polish...for a looong time? I don't. Frankly, this seems like the fragrance equivalent of living near high-tension power lines. Does that mean that Odeur 53 is carcinogenic? Well, maybe...?

Alright, I'm being facetious (I guess), but I really cannot fathom why anyone would want to subject themselves to this. Similarly, I cannot imagine that anyone would want to smell someone who emits this "odeur."

Oh, but it's an "anti-perfume." It's "art." Sheesh. What's next? A frag that smells like a Ziploc bag filled with the world's tiniest sea shells (not real ones, but space-age synthetic ones!) placed on the surface of the Moon? Fragrance notes like "Exploding Star," "Spent Fuel Rod," or "Frozen Glue"?

I am inclined to agree that this is avante garde, but that would be too complimentary. I would rather just say that it's pretentious and eerily misanthropic - and leave it at that.

09th April, 2009

mikeperez23's avatar

I really wanted to like this, after all of the reviews I read. But I ended up getting a headache about 10 minutes after application. I believe it was the 'nail polish' note that did it...

Would not buy - but I was mystified by the smell, I will say.

10th January, 2007

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

A light, cool, fresh, artificial scent. I can't make out any notes, and I guess that's the point. It's a bit like a lighter, more mainstream version of the Synthetic series, a synthetic scent that's not offensive and smells like nothing in particular. I don't really like this kind of "cool and clean" scent, to be honest I'd rather smell "dirty". Too nondescript and fresh men's cologne-y for my taste.

14th August, 2006

Joel_Cairo's avatar

Yeeks! smells like battery acid, or being struck by lightning. My most unequivocal thumbs down.

31st May, 2006

swalker's avatar

I wanted to like this since I think Series 3 Avignon is one of the best fragrances ever. But, it smelled so artificial and wierd on me. I guess that's the aesthetic point, but it didn't work for my preferences.

08th December, 2004