Negative Reviews of Odeur 53 by Comme des Garçons

Nasty melted plastic and water...there is a bit of something...ozone...Not very creative
26th January, 2013
Hey, do you want a free sample of this? Well look no further.The sample is the air you breathe aka it smells like nothing...literally.
10th June, 2012
After the initial mélange of various ozonic/electrical scents, all that I can smell is nail polish, and it lasts forever. Do you want to smell like a TV screen smeared with nail polish...for a looong time? I don't. Frankly, this seems like the fragrance equivalent of living near high-tension power lines. Does that mean that Odeur 53 is carcinogenic? Well, maybe...?

Alright, I'm being facetious (I guess), but I really cannot fathom why anyone would want to subject themselves to this. Similarly, I cannot imagine that anyone would want to smell someone who emits this "odeur."

Oh, but it's an "anti-perfume." It's "art." Sheesh. What's next? A frag that smells like a Ziploc bag filled with the world's tiniest sea shells (not real ones, but space-age synthetic ones!) placed on the surface of the Moon? Fragrance notes like "Exploding Star," "Spent Fuel Rod," or "Frozen Glue"?

I am inclined to agree that this is avante garde, but that would be too complimentary. I would rather just say that it's pretentious and eerily misanthropic - and leave it at that.
09th April, 2009

I really wanted to like this, after all of the reviews I read. But I ended up getting a headache about 10 minutes after application. I believe it was the 'nail polish' note that did it...

Would not buy - but I was mystified by the smell, I will say.
10th January, 2007
A light, cool, fresh, artificial scent. I can't make out any notes, and I guess that's the point. It's a bit like a lighter, more mainstream version of the Synthetic series, a synthetic scent that's not offensive and smells like nothing in particular. I don't really like this kind of "cool and clean" scent, to be honest I'd rather smell "dirty". Too nondescript and fresh men's cologne-y for my taste.
14th August, 2006
Yeeks! smells like battery acid, or being struck by lightning. My most unequivocal thumbs down.
31st May, 2006
I wanted to like this since I think Series 3 Avignon is one of the best fragrances ever. But, it smelled so artificial and wierd on me. I guess that's the aesthetic point, but it didn't work for my preferences.
08th December, 2004