Negative Reviews of Orange Spice by Creed

Find out more about Orange Spice by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Redbeard's avatar

I almost did this side-by-side with Kouros since people make that comparison, but now I'm glad I didn't. It's maybe a bit akin to Kouros Fraicheur: soapy, and domineeringly so, with some legitimate neroli in the top notes but that gets buried under the slick, slimy, alkaline notes of a bar of cheap motel soap that someone peed on a little bit. It out-Muglers Mugler Cologne in that sense, but at least for now it's not as bad as I had dreaded from before. It's also a very dated, almost antique scent, which ought to be emanating from an old-fashioned low-end barber shop, not from a specific fragranced product, but just from the combination of all the soaps, lotions, tonics and creams being used inside all day. Another good scent for the dapper, well-groomed gentlemen aboard the Titanic in 1912. Still, because it passes so easily for heavy soap, it would fare much better than a lot of other antiquated scents, coming in right under the radar even today, when nobody would expect a man to smell this way. The base notes also smell a bit more like a deliberate personal fragrance, woodier and grassier, with even some leather I think, so it wins back some credibility there too. Overall, not a failure by any means, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it and how to approach it.

04 February, 2012

The Masked Armpit's avatar

Kouros for those of the nursing home age. Gross!

17 July, 2010

funky lion's avatar

I can't imagine how a woman may wear this bachelor scent. I have sprinkled it on my wrist thinking "Oh, I love orange, I love spice - I will love this scent for sure!" Well, no go. I've remembered how my grandfather smelled - for me "Orange Spice" is a scent for an elegant elderly gentleman.

24 January, 2010

DaKnows's avatar

The general dynamics of this fragrance have already been reviewed. I will echo that comments that, at least to me, this smells like something they would scent a urinal cake with. That's fine if people you know would be impressed with that line of work, but I for one don't feel confident walking around all day smelling like something people pee on.

13 December, 2008

Kahuna Cowboy's avatar

Ugh, brutal. It smells of a really strong toilet mint. It does last forever though, in fact you will probably need Lava soap or kerosine to get it off you.

14 August, 2008

Tony T's avatar

i agree with djolney. a gentlemen's cologne over 50. strikingly similiar to kouros. very animalistic spice that pumps the life out of every other note.minimal orange just rough and rugged spice. tony montana would wear this. a very macho scent not really to my liking.

22 July, 2008 (Last Edited: 20th October, 2009)