Neutral Reviews of Orange Spice by Creed

Find out more about Orange Spice by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Bigsly's avatar

I'm all for animalic notes but I just don't like this composition for some reason. Is it that I need note separation when the animalic notes are strong? Whatever the case may be, this is indeed a smoother, lighter Kouros, so if you really dislike Kouros I don't see why you would like this. An example of a really animalic fragrance that I like is vintage Tabu. OS doesn't have much dynamism nor balance, and is what I call a "man sweat frag," meaning that it seems to be designed to smell like certain people think a man should smell like, rather than being made for a fragrance aficionado. Of course, at the time, thee was no such thing, so you can't fault the perfumer for doing this, but it has an air freshener quality that way, though of course air fresheners don't have animalic notes. Anyway, the longevity and projection/"sillage" are fine, so I'll give this a neutral only because it doesn't appeal to my aesthetic.

06 March, 2011

mister_lance's avatar

I was hoping for more out of this one. This smells like a bathroom, and I mean that with the utmost respect. When I say bathroom, I should clarify and say that it smells like a clean bathroom which has plenty of air fresheners in it. I do smell the orange, and the spice, but this one doesn't lite my fire. If you think you like this then try Royal Delight, which is much more classy, has a slight spice, but smoothes out everything with a little vanilla.

02 August, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

At first I thought "wow, oranges!" then I thought, "um, did someone Kouros in my sample?" but after that I thought, "there's no civet". Lasted a whole night on me; a constant barrage of it. It gave me a sense of confidence but, very very oddly enough, I don't like the scent.

01st August, 2008

Bvlgari_BLV's avatar

soapy clean, definitely not orange though. Not bad.

04 August, 2005