Reviews

Neutral Reviews of Punjab by Roberto Capucci

Floriental leather. Everything about it, except for the sillage and monster smell, it all middle-ground. Mild spice, mild leather, mild oriental accords. Now, turn them all way up and it's huge. A stinky leather just on the verge of too much "sweaty" notes. Heightened by green, pink and white florals which can smell animalic to some, Punjab is a jab in the nose. An aging fragrance that's hard to find. The appeal is rarity in quantity available, quality of ingredients and style.

For uniqueness I'd give it a thumbs up but I, personally, do not like the scent.

I'll close by remarking, imagine what the world would be like if Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce was Punjab.
13th January, 2010
An old guy sits down to watch the evening's game on his favorite leather recliner, and up puffs a cloud of dust from the ragged, wheezing cushions - that is the smell of Punjab. I appreciate older, retro fragrances, but Punjab is unrelentingly musty and flat to my nose, its spiced leather accord devoid of all life and vibrancy. It sweetens and mellows slightly after many hours, but not so much that it's appealing, merely so much that it's no longer unpleasant. All in all, it makes me want to run outside, breathe in the fresh air, and see living things.

Not awful, not nice; original, but not interesting; unwearable, at least for me.
22nd September, 2009