Positive Reviews of Python Uomo by Trussardi

Find out more about Python Uomo by Trussardi in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

's avatar

This was a blind buy that was a very nice surprise. Fruity and green, it's great for summer days and nights. The price is very reasonable. Very unique with average lasting power, sillage and projection.

08 November, 2012

cheekyhamsta's avatar

I like this scent a lot. The watery blue colour of the juice suits the free nature of this fragrance perfectly IMO, as I agree with a review I read somewhere that its drydown has a captivating & calming Zen-like vibe. Moreover, I find the bottle and its lid quite gorgeous - much like a modern sculpture.

I'm not sure "Python" is the most appropriate name for this scent as there is nothing edgy or dangerous about it. Very smooth, berry-like and creamy, completely inoffensive but still interesting and sensual, I believe it's a very versatile fragrance that also makes a superb hot weather choice and a laid back alternative to one of the powerhouses. I find that Python Uomo smells very similar to Eaux de Caron Pure (one of my favourites) but fruitier and with a more synthetically musky note, and none the worse for that too; although it also seems to be largely for personal gratification as it is very close wearing and thankfully lasts a long time on the skin. If a way were found to improve its feeble sillage, this scent would be the best of the best. As it stands however it is still very good and is also great value for money as it can be found at eye-wateringly low prices.

09 December, 2009 (Last Edited: 01st March, 2011)

ZeeK's avatar

Pakistan Pakistan

I approached for Trussardi Python when I found out that it’s remarkably a unique composition that I have never experienced in any other fragrance altogether! What I get is a creamy bunch of various uncommonly used components include: Fig tree bark, Bourbon, Coumarin (that probably an organic compound used as a fragrant-equivalent of Vanilla), Salak Pulp (which is also known as snake fruit due to the reddish-brown scaly skin, may be the title “python” is in that reference).

As for conclusion Trussardi Python is a subtle fragrance that stays close to the skin, no doubts for its rarity. My only negative point is for its unfair silage while the fragrance lasts reasonably. This can simply be worn any time and for any occasion.

04 March, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar

A fresh woody that's very likable. A watery cypress and musk that doesn't smell like Mugler Cologne, just a fruity wood. Gotta love it!

09 July, 2008

CoL's avatar

Light and fresh with hints of berries is the first note that hits you. Slightly acidic with a hint of jam! (I know sounds horrible!). The scent then settles to a light woody musky base that's very pleasant to wear. Highly recommended and a little unusual. Does seem a little high pitched at first but don't let that put you off!

08 August, 2002