Reviews of Quorum by Antonio Puig

Salutation.
Close your eyes and think of the smell of a pine forest on a crisp autumn morning:inhale the bracing air,so green,so herbal,so brisk!then allow yourself to feel the clean and fresh feel and some natural masculine smell,undercurrent peeking through.then you have QUORUM by ANTONIO PUIG.definitely a must have for GENTLEMAN.It is a sophisticated men's fragrance that quickly establishes the user as a man of classic style and culture. Woody,Classic,Elegant,Aromatic, Bitter,Inviting,Inexpensive and Ultra Masculine.

It is based on the accord between the spicy freshness of pine tree and citruses and the deep,mellow scent of tobacco,leather and oakmoss.A harmonic combination of citrus with woods which instantly reads as masculine,chic,classic,fresh and warm at the same time,if you know what i mean...for a classic masculine feel.it reminds me of a formal gathering wearing a tuxedo. definitely not for boys.confident, sophisticated andmature men need only apply.It is also perfect for serious business meetings.the price is great.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

02nd June, 2015
sly303 Show all reviews
Jeeez Quorum what a powertower of a fragrance. A ubiquitous product across the forums for a few reasons... Firstly, even if you fail to get on with with the content, the bottle is must have for the cabinet; a broad shouldered, masculine, 80's max barbershop classic! Amazing.

This one took me three attempts to finally appreciate its rawness, its attitude and its powerful notes of lemon, jasmine, leather (in that order). My mistake was a heavy trigger finger. Advise on one or two max and trust me, that will suffice for the day ahead. Perhaps even just one on the back of the neck.

Totally agree with some of the below comments in that this fragrance will not get you the complements from the pretty ladiez but will certainly make your shoulders broader ! grrrr

13th April, 2015
Damn this fragrance was the King in the 80s. wherever whenever you had it on people asked what you were wearing? Even today its a superb scent. This fragrance is like a Audi Quattro built for the kill, the first of a kind, that never held back and won accolades, however like a racist joke no matter how funny it is people wont admit that they find it funny. Maybe behind closed doors they will say damn thats good and if perfumes were prohibited that speakeasies would open and the number one scent Quorum! It is like the Film Predator, full of characters, upfront no pretence, however because there is no alpha female in the plot very frowned upon by those who tell us about being blase about a scent!
09th April, 2015

Never thought I would like this. Pine resin, pipe tobacco, cigarette ash, brown sugar and some hitherto undescribed species of acrid citrus fruit. Quorum is a living thing that wafts about you in a multifaceted powerhouse cloud. I suspect that most women dislike it with a vengeance, my wife certainly does. Oh, well, I will just keep it on my shelf and admire the bottle, it's a minor design masterpiece.
06th March, 2015
Just got vintage version! As two Bnoters mentioned earlier, both versions are POWERFUL WOODY AROMATIC SPICE scents.
Vintage, is slightly more sandalwoody (in India sandalwood is used daily in temples /worship, so i know the note like the back of m hand! ),lesser pine, more animalic leather, solid patchouli /jasmine(again native to India! Locally called -"champa/chameli"in Indi ), faint tobacco(( as an accord not as a note (oakmoss/patchouli/leather combo=tobacco ish accord ), also the projection is smooth heavy but unlike Reformulation/New which is loud and slightly sweeter than in Vintage.
Longevity IN BOTH VERSIONS IS AWESOMELY incredible! UNLIKE TODAY 's wimpy metrosexual aquatic/gourmand crap which hardly last a work-day! Qourum stays in clothes for days! On skin 12 hours plus. (Tried & tested personally! ) If you are thirty, like Azzaro PH, Pacco Rabbane PH,Tsar, Kouros etc, you will DIG this master-creation by Puig.
03rd March, 2015
ION-ONE Show all reviews
Wonderful fragrance.

This is the fragrance equivalent of that awkward, quirky, eccentric uncle who time got away from - sure he can rub people up the wrong way, but when we spend time with him the offbeat character really shines through. Clearly this one is not setting out to please everyone in polite-society, it is anti-mainstream - not consciously, just by being content with itself. Happy to be of another time and able to see straight through all the passing trends with a knowing wry smile.

A very green, fresh, aromatic opening. Bergamot, lemony pine needles and raw spices. The spice resembles coriander, caraway and cumin that has just been bashed up to release the raw aroma. On a spring day we can almost detect a a fresh cut grass greenness.

The leather dominates from quite early on. This is an imperfect or well-worn, near animalic leather. A possible hint of civet adds to the animalic feel. Difficult to detect any real floral notes which must be well hidden in the background, rather, pine cuts through the harsher notes giving a barber's talc aroma. Bitter and dry and only slightly smoked. Finally the drydown to oakmoss completes the fouguere powerhouse.

Overall rough, rugged and raw, Unapologetic and masculine. Fans of barbershop scents should check this out. Shares characteristics with Rive Gauche, Brut, Eau Sauvage and even Farenheit. This would be cheap at twice the price. Perfect antidote to all the timid releases of today.
08th February, 2015
ad_scott Show all reviews
Great value for money in terms of quantity and scent. The most I get out of this fragrance is pine, leather, white soap and Marlboro cigarette tobacco/ash. Some days I get a pine forest in winter feeling and other days it smells like an old worn leather jacket impregnated with cigarette smoke. A smoky, clean, green fragrance. Definitely for the fall season; decent sillage, projection and longevity. Quorum is certainly a classic; I remember it being popular in the 1980s and it conjures up memories of Pye televisions with wood-effect casing next to the fireplace at home during a white Christmas. Quorum is masculine, homey and stimulates self-confidence.
05th February, 2015
I had read in various locations on here about a sour, foul, almost turned note within this fragrance (described by some as colorfully as "cat pee"), and I got that too, in ways almost smelled like a fart at times - there's something in there that just ruined and made an otherwise fantastic fragrance unwearable. So I inquired on here within the Powerhouse group as to any alternatives to Quorum, any "clones" if you will, that were close but without that one ruining note in there.

One member suggested Krizia Uomo, which is wonderful! However at the same time I had arranged a swap with a highly reputable and wonderful fellow basenote member, thus acquiring a VINTAGE bottle of Quorum. The bottle I had originally purchased was current formulation. I have to say, being relatively new to this scene, this was my first clear lesson on how very different a reformulation can be. The vintage bottle of Quorum I received has a fragrance that I absolutely love, and is without that terrible, intolerable, ruining note in it that the newer bottle I have possesses.

So my thumbs up rating is for the vintage formulation, not the new one which I just couldn't wear. For anyone having similar experience with this fragrance, or considering purchasing this fragrance for the first time, I hope that having shared my experience in this review will be of help to you.
02nd November, 2014
A beautifully crafted sculpture by an artist who is passionate about his muse. A sapphire from the rarest of rare mines. An exquisite masterpiece. If I was a poet, I'd go on and on writing sonnets in praise of this beauty. Sadly I am not. But then there are those moments when you say to yourself... yes this is perfect.. a perfect song, a perfect landscape, a perfect story, a perfect moment. Every time I take a deep whiff of this powerhouse, I can't help but say to myself... yeah, now this is perfect!!

Hats off to the creators!
06th August, 2014
BOOM 1982! I love Quorum because it always changes. One day I smell fragments of Polo Green pine / frankincense and the next a huge face full of grapefruit / smokey moss. I am a big fan of the powerhouse frags and this beauty does the job every time. Also, at $12 you can pick up two bottles and use them as bookends around your Blade Runner Super Deluxe Blu-Ray set.
23rd July, 2014
Quorum is like a Dirty Martini. A fabulous cocktail, but not one perhaps to drink everyday, and one that's just a tad different each and every time. Some days I wear Quorum and I swear I'm wearing a less "dry" and less synthetic Polo Green. Other days, I smell to myself like I've just gotten off a long kitchen shift in an Asian restaurant. And other days I get both, with a big patchouli base. And yet mixed together, it still holds it all together and works for me. That, I think, is the genius of this fragrance. While it may not be as refined as some, it packs such a rich and fabulous masculine wallop that you can't help but grin and say, "just go with it." A great fougere in the classic sense. Thus, I raise my glass to Quorum.
19th April, 2014
Rich, dense, raw opening in a perfectly classic fougère style. A textured blend of green balsamic notes on spices and citrus drips, with a rich and natural oak moss note on ambers and bold, resinous aromatic woods. The leather note emerges as minute pass: honest, shady, solid, slightly rubbery and dry. A great, manly, elegant, rich and self-conscious fougère – still not tacky or cloying. With just a hint of that gloomy, sweaty personality many powerhouses had in the 70s/80s (some more elegant and understated fougères like Tsar are like old, classic Mercedes cars; this is rather the fast & noisy Alfetta Spider). Highy wearable today as well. I own a vintage version and I have heard is has subsequently been reformulated on a more green/fresh tone – probably still good, I don't know.

17th April, 2014 (last edited: 18th April, 2014)
Quorum is a classic. A true must have for many fragrance collectors. One thing about this scent that makes it so nice is not the overwhelming grapefruit you get when first applied but rather the dry down stage on its own. After and hour Quorum has a amazing pine musk scent which will make you fall in love with this.
15th April, 2014

There is a lot of talk about the age group who would use Quorum. To me it is a non issue as I cannot see anyone under 30 even trying this. That is a good thing. I really enjoy this fragrance. It makes me think of the things that matter in life…unlike clubbing and grades etc…
18th February, 2014
My uncle wore this back in the day. He was a gentleman. This is a gentleman's scent. Now that I'm in my 50's, I can wear this and not feel like a boy playing dress up. This is grown up stuff. Such a great value. A fall/winter go-to for me.
27th December, 2013
I bought this blind purely on the reviews on BN. I don't have a nose anywhere near as good as many on here, but this scent is superb. Real manly. Like others have said, two sprays is ample. Plus I got it for $15.
30th November, 2013 (last edited: 01st December, 2013)
A perfume to not hesitate

It breaks my schemes. I don't trust cheapies but, with it, you can save money for a lifetime without regrets. I don't understand the word "powerhouse" but I'm sure this is not, because is mild. This is turbid, very powdery and flowery in the mid notes. As you can learn reading this reviews, maybe is a happy reformulation. What strikes me more is the confidence of the way it conveys its message. This is something to learn from it or, as you wsih, from its author. The drydown is very soft tabac.

Pros: Clarity of message: turbidity & boldness
Cons: People´s state of mind is somewhere else"

10th October, 2013
Macho Scent on Steroids

I have a hard time describing this one. Not having yet developed a "nose" for fragrance, I don't yet have the vocabulary to describe all of the nuances.

Let me tell you this: Quorum is very macho--almost aggressively so. It smells like a cross between a fancy, obscenely expensive Cuban cigar, and leather, with a spice note or two thrown in for measure.

Someone connected this scent with boardrooms and old men. If so, the men wouldn't be the genteel type, raised in good homes, becoming bank trustees.

The Quorum boardroom consists of loud, aggressive Eastern European movie executives, who smoke cigars in the boardroom, have a long-suffering secretary named Hilda whose hair is in a bun, and whose assistants have hairy arms and yell into the phone.

Or,alternately, the first time you get a whiff of this fragrance, you might think,"Mr. T just walked into the room."

Do I like it? I have mixed feelings. The top notes and middle notes are vulgar if somewhat brief, but the base notes are pleasant and long-lasting, in my humble opinion.

It gets superior votes for longevity and sillage. You definitely don't get a wimpy floral that fades in two hours. At today's pricing, you do get your money's worth on this one.

Pros: Very masculine, robust
Cons: Superior longevity, sillage"

04th September, 2013
The man who drives a Malibu Woody

I have the new version, the bergamot,oakmoss,pine and sandalwood are well done where the bergamot and citrus are floating well between the earthy tones.

Its a manly scent. I thought it would be harsher and tougher as i bought it blind but to my suprise this is a very "mild" fragrance. Mild in a way its a clean fresh bergamot rolled in the sand kind a way.
Good projection and longevity. stays long ons skin especially hairy skin. (arms,chest) if you have enough hair offcourse.

Someone told in a review its like a man who is not cheating on his wife/girlfriend and i agree with that.
Its for a type of guy who drives a woody stationcar and loves his family, not a party guy.

Very down to earth, very masculine in a somehow musty way
not like Kouros i say.
Not expensive.

Pros: A certain powerhouse
Cons:

28th August, 2013
Pungent!

Quorum brings back memories of a time (the eighties) when a man's fragrance was expected to be potent. I got a recent bottle for nostalgia sake. I had not smelt anything remotely as strong in such a long time that i wasn't quite prepared for what Quorum had to offer. I wore it to the gym and all i needed was one spray on the chest. It lasted beyond my two hour workout and was beastly throughout. I was still smelling it hours after. This is truly a potent fragrance with respectable silage and projection. Be warned, one spray is more than enough.

Pros: Very strong masculine scent!
Cons: Not everyone's cup of tea.

18th June, 2013
I had this many years ago and was a hit with friends and family. This past fall and winter of 2012, I decided to purchase this again for the holidays and a few young people both male and female did ask me what was the name of my cologne? After all these years, I was the one who forgot and to my surprise some knew of Quorum eau de toilette.
07th May, 2013
Recently i stumbled upon a vintage Quorum's bottle forgotten somewhere on the dusty shelves in the background of an old tiny italian perfumes shop and it was a deja vu. Yes, Quorum is a jump in the glorious past, the "powerhouse" old age full of masculine green aromatic fougeres. The blend features a standout oakmoss, some tobacco, carnation and leather supported by spices, pine resins and aromatic herbs along the transition. The final smoky leather is boise and almost obscure while the patchouli is bold and sharp. A fresh/aqueous (with a mastering initial bergamot), spicy/aromatic, mossy and finally opaque/soapy (amber-leather-oakmoss) aroma, Quorum is an uncompromisingly virile, "silent", smoky/rooty and mature stuff always present in the air around the wearer but in a discreet sharp way. The Quorum's type of man is conservative but dynamic. A well-blended stout scent (in the Giorgio Beverly Hills, Yatagan and Paco Rabane Pour Homme's vein) still great nowadays.
03rd March, 2013 (last edited: 21st July, 2014)
A truly masculine, slightly spicy, woodsy, leathery classic. Quorum was one of my most used, and probably over-applied, scents of my twenties. It is a rugged scent, but far from crude in its composition.

The opening accord is actually quite fresh, but doesn't have much time to shine. The citrus top notes fade quite quickly, and reveal middle notes dominated by manly woods with some florals, but quite honestly I can't see the wood for the trees when it comes to the flowers in Quorum! The pine and patchouli dominate this scent's heart, lingering until the very end, and their unmistakable presence serves as a reminder that this is a scent from a bygone era.

Its basenotes define old-school manliness, with very rich leather, dark tobacco, warm amber and exquisitely blended earthy moss. The moss note is deeper in the vintage version, with the current formulation featuring a more vivacious citrus opening - otherwise I find the two versions near identical. Famed for its aggressive silage and tremendous staying power on skin, Quorum is a classic dry powerhouse for men that is unashamedly rooted in the 70s.
19th November, 2012
I warn you it will take time for you to fully appreciate and enjoy this fragrance.

It’s so complex, so strong and masculine: a mix of wet wood , tobacco and vanilla which evolves gradually until you’ll understand what real men should smell like.. "Quorum "
17th November, 2012
Most definitely, as someone stated, a "testosterone manifesto."

Indeed, the Burt Reynolds-era bottle and packaging alone should be enough to frighten off the unisex aquas crowd.

A plethora of notes, from spicey, to soapy, to stale (in a good way), and back again. And take-it-from-the-top all over again. This one lasts and lasts and lasts - and costs almost nothing.

Sometimes borders on the unintelligible - but in a 'strong, silent type' sort of way.

Old school classic.
10th November, 2012
Loud, brash, big-balled, and absolutely fantastic.
31st October, 2012
Hey, what have they done to Quorum lately? I bought a bottle a few weeks ago (OK it was at TJ Maxx) and it is NOTHING like it used to be. It goes on powdery and fades to nothing in a matter of minutes. It has been neutered! Back in the 80s you really had to use caution and restraint with this stuff because it was so STRONG. I never really liked it that much then but women just ATE IT UP! I guess it still smells like itself but it no longer has any balls and is not worth the $15 I paid for it. Shame.
01st October, 2012 (last edited: 04th October, 2012)
I love this chypre, but in all honesty, I find it to be identical to the classic women's scent: CABOCHARD by Gres.

I sprayed each on opposite arms and after my own tests, asked friends to give me their impressions.

Right on- no difference perceived.

I love CABOCHARD and I love its counterpart QUORUM and both are in the same affordable price range, so who can quibble.

The very best chypre(s) my nose has encountered.
04th September, 2012
classy and so old school, a quintessential powerhouse, gotta love this juice, bought a couple of bottles!
11th July, 2012 (last edited: 27th July, 2012)
I have a deep hatred for this fragrance.

That being said, I wear it to meetings and events when I feel that innate need inside of me to offend someone without saying any actual words or using non-verbals. Quorum is offensive and obscene. It screams obnoxiousness and grabs attention wherever it goes. It has a purpose though, and regardless of my hatred of it - I can't seem to cease wearing it.

Quorum is like that friend who only calls twice a year to brag about something he bought (while you are 100% certain he is one measly late credit card payment from bankruptcy). It's annoying, but for some reason you look forward to the call.

Quorum is like the Atomic Fire Island chicken wing...it's not fit for human consumption, so you buy ONE as a joke for the guy who says "nothing is too spicy for me".
One spray, and it's an inside joke. Two sprays, and your friends will start planning an intervention.

There are a ton of notes listed, and honestly, looking at the pyramid makes me ill. Yet, somehow I still take a deep breath every Thursday morning and pump 6 massive squirts onto my shirt...drive to work with the windows down...and wait for the sillage trail to offend people. For that reason, I give it a neutral. Once a week, it's golden - every other day, it's as close to the garbage can as I can get it.
11th July, 2012