Negative Reviews of Quorum by Antonio Puig

Find out more about Quorum by Antonio Puig in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

padhee83's avatar

India India

I truly repent buying this.It's a cheap perfume and smells cheap.Rotten spices and vegetables in a bottle.yuck!!!

18 September, 2011

Redbeard's avatar

I want to like the old-school sharp leathery colognes, and I'm sure I'll find others that I do. But this one is so aggressive, and almost acridly astringent that I felt embarrassed wearing it. I got rid of it, which wasn't such a big deal since it was $6 for 1 oz. If this were more expensive for the same product, I'd give it a thumbs down simply because it would be way too crass for the money.

It's like the waiter in the nightclub in Who Framed Roger Rabbit: a gorilla in a tuxedo. He's really well-groomed for a gorilla, but you can tell that he's having trouble fitting into the tux, and is very uncomfortable and out of place. One of these days he'll just rip it off in frustration, and go bashing innocent people's heads in.

19 April, 2009

mrblowtorch's avatar

They say that male alligators make a noise that is subsonic - below the level of human hearing. Scientists have told us that the meaning of this sound is very simple; basically, "I'm here, and I'm bigger than you." If this sound had a smell, it would be the smell of Quorum. A close cousin of Azzaro pour Homme, but drier, woodier, and an opening like a straight up slap to the face. Wear this in the daytime, while you are wearing a suit, studs, and cufflinks. Absolutely essential.

27 May, 2008

Indiscreet's avatar

My other half was given a bottle of this by some well-meaning relative one Christmas. He never wore it, and I can understand why. This is old fashioned, in your face, slap it all over cologne. I dislike it intensely. He told me to get rid of it so I poured it down the kitchen sink in order to recycle the bottle. I can still smell it now, despite following it with a hefty dose of bleach.
    Not my cup of tea at all.

24 June, 2007

Tajsmellsgood's avatar

My father bought this for me as a teen-ager. I could never remember what happened to that bottle. I ran across it one day and decided to sniff it for old times sake. I immediately knew why that bottle went missing. Seems they just threw a bunch of oils in a bottle that amount to chaos. Sorry Dad.

14 August, 2006

Mario Justiniani's avatar

Cuba Cuba

Some fragrances are referred to as " Sex in a bottle." This is crotch in a bottle.

23 April, 2006 (Last Edited: 19 June, 2009)

Francoise_Papiran's avatar

Can't believe anyone actually likes this; it's too strong & smells cheap. Do yourself a favor and try it before buying. If you don't like sweet or fruity fragrances and want something unmistakably 'manly' there are hundreds of far, far better choices from Dunhill to Minotaure to Roma, etc.

21st February, 2006

incedal's avatar

It actually made me vomit, way to strong its like Drakkar noir on steriods and times it by 100 and you get Quorum.

11th November, 2005

IPaidForThisName's avatar

WOW. This is HORRENDOUS. I still remember the thread this was recommended to me. I was looking for a deep woody floral fragrance. I went and bought it blind the very same day. I wanted to shoot myself in the face when I finally smelled it. This is a grossly low class herbal leather fragrance. Quorum makes Z-14 smell like Tabac Blond. Quorum is horribly offensive.

21st September, 2005

desimishu's avatar

Qourum does have a lot of fans...but it smells very outdated...not interesting at all!! its of a genre that we today dont smell in the modern fragrances from the indusrty...maybe im not brought up used to these Fougery scents...but this is quiete harsh and in your face...didnt enjoy it nor did my girlfriend...she hated it

22 August, 2005