Negative Reviews of Rahät Loukoum by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Find out more about Rahät Loukoum by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Extremely sweet gourmand: cherry liqueur, bitter almonds, marzipan and vanilla. I enjoy the cherry note and I don't mind that it's strong and sweet and boozy, but it also has a sharp, plasticky quality that makes it smell really cheap and that seems to make me sneeze as well. Actually, the plasticky quality captures the tasteless jelly that is Turkish Delight pretty well, though the choice of gourmand notes does not really reflect the bland rose water, orange blossom and pistaschio aromas of the candy.

06 May, 2010

tessera's avatar

I don't get cherries or almonds, I get white chocolate. Waaaay too sweet on me, and yeah, nothing like Turkish Delight.

12 October, 2008

kopah's avatar

I don't care what anyone else says - this smells nothing like Turkish Delight. Maybe Lutens pranked us based on the Arabic translation ([i]rahat al-hulkum[/i], meaning 'contentment of the throat') and made cough syrup instead. This scent never gets past screaming CHERRIES!!! at the top of its lungs, and the cherry shriek sporadically takes on a metallic overtone which is just plain wrong.

16 April, 2008

leslie0657's avatar

I so wanted to like this fragrance. Unfortunately, the drydown ended up smelling like cotton candy on me. In the end, way too sweet.

01st June, 2006

Russlan's avatar

The sweetest blend of roses, vanilla, honey, cherries and almonds. The fragrance in fact does smell like famous "Turkish Delight" - a thick sweets scented with rosewater and filled with almond, pine nuts and dusted with sugar, that Oriental women in harems ate in order to keep themselves plump. Not for everyone.

09 December, 2002