Positive Reviews of Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

Find out more about Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

H.D.'s avatar
    H.D.
    Netherlands Netherlands

One of my all time favourite fragrances. I love the mediterranean fruits combined with the warm spices. It's never overbearing or oppulent, always subtle and elegant without being generic.
    One reviewer here said that it evoked a sense of old Imperial luxury and I see what he means and I agree. Roma is very luxurious and rich but not loud and powerful.
    Roma knows how to behave himself and he is a well educated man of the world.

04 January, 2014

easyboy82's avatar
    easyboy82

This is my favourite fragrance, it still is extremely popular here in Italy (where you can find it in any selective perfumery shop and where it is priced more or less as any other high end cologne) and there are good reasons for this popularity and longevity on the market. It is sweet, warm and sweet. Creamy. And at the time of its creation there were not so many sweet frangrances for men around as nowadays. Many of the fragrances of this type put on the market in the last years tend to be strong, seductive in a very bold kind of way, they are fragrances for a night out on the disco floor, they catch the nose but they lack subtlety. Roma Uomo is not like that. It is elegant. Very elegant and soft. It's the perfume for a gentle, romantic man, it is *very* seductive but in a subtle, velvety, charming, kind of way.If it was a dressing style it would be a casual chic outfit. It is just perfect for a man in his late 20s and 30's, but it really can suit any age and any dressing style from casual chic up to nearly formal. I use it in every season, but it gives the best in autumn and winter. It is good for daytime use, charming for evening wear. Just perfect.
    Bottle: nice, the idea is a roman temple at the sunset.
    Longevity: good.
    Zodiacal signs I think it would be particular good for: sensually sweet tauruses, romantic cancers, charming lybras.

26 December, 2013

MrMookie's avatar
    MrMookie

Italian Summer Stallion

I HAD to buy it again after now 14 years its been a while and I occasionally did some squirts from a tester from time to time as I walked by the store and Roma was seducing me, calling me from the shelves..Hey Pssstt.. pick me Man...,one more time!
    And i did it!, could not resist anymore it was a favourite scent then and im so happy i bought it now again.
    Its a milestone scent for me, its package and bottle design is typical classy 90's Italian.
    The juice gives me a great mellow and happy feeling wearing it, and dont expect an naive Happy,Happy - Joy,Joy scent!

I see good times , romantic times, sensual heated moments with your beloved ones and a bit mysterious but definiatly not dark!
    Its perfect for summer days and evening wearing, it gives women a head turn if you project it rightly.
    Be a little macho and daring and this truly can be a troublemaker!(As JMGCG said) Hahaha... but its true!
    As others reviewers say its creamy and i certainly love its composed with galbanum and benzoin and citrus/grapefruits...
    In my collection i certainly will rank this one in my top 5 of most seducing scents.

Buy it if you like a nice italian stallion summersweet delight!

Pros: Sunny delight and ultra macho
    Cons: Not for people with nose-diabetes"

25 August, 2013

GianniGG's avatar
    GianniGG

italian style

the opening is citrus then it becomes more creamy and balmy. it is a refined and distinctive perfume

24 August, 2013

Tony T's avatar
    Tony T

a bit of minotaure and burbeery brit. not as bright but a bit milder and more relaxed and refined than the 2. i prefer minotaure but this is also a great scent. if you think minotaure is too in your face you will love this oriental..

09 November, 2012

martinijo's avatar
    martinijo
    England England

A little feminine for some but no complaints from me.
    A little linear and not too exciting in the dry down but still a real pleasure. particularly when it is not too hot.
    Very nice bottle.

07 November, 2011

Zgb's avatar
    Zgb
    Croatia Croatia

Mandarines, oranges mixed with vanilla, benzoin to be precise. Great scent, so casual yet so elegant, open, I must say it is linear too. Really a nice classic I might posess one day.

22 January, 2011

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar
    Andrewthecologneguy
    Nigeria Nigeria

If Fahrenheit is too mechanical or industrial, this does it. It is sweet, spicy, musky and 'industrial' (metallic and petroleum like notes) all at the same time and all with full force. It took a while to get used to it, but I wore it today and loved it. Cooler weather means you won't get spikes from individual notes as they flouresce, which is a good thing. I like.
    BTW: I liken this to Versace Baby Blue Jeans, except while BBJ can be a tad juvenile and excessively sweet, Roma is spot on. Kinda like a mature version.

13 September, 2010

nightcutter's avatar
    nightcutter

Lovely scent.

Vanilla, sandalwood and orange. Quite linear. A little bit feminine but that doesn't bother me.

Not a warm weather fragrance. Good for the autumn.

It's a favourite of mine but I don't wear it often.

Good longevity with pretty good projection. I get a fair few complements when I wear this - ladies especially seem to like it.

04 July, 2010

lex's avatar
    lex

thick creamy vanilla with a overcast of musk.may sound too basic with these notes but they are blended well.scent for the cool weather. for a date ,yes,work maybe not

22 February, 2009 (Last Edited: 15 March, 2009)

Public Enema's avatar
    Public Enema

I got musk and patchouli from this. Very long lasting pleasant smell.

12 February, 2009

Volanges's avatar
    Volanges

I first smelled this fragrance in the summer of 1994. I was in an elevator in Montreal when a very handsome man stepped in and filled the elevator with a delicious, sweet scent. I immediately asked him what he was wearing, "Roma by Laura Biagiotti," he replied. Whenever I smell this fragrance, I am transported to that exact moment in time and to that summer. It has since become my trademark scent to wear in the warmer months of the year.
    The combination of citrus and sweetness is what wins me over, as well as its long permanence on my skin, hours after I applied it. While some reviewers complain of a chemical lingering scent, I do not mind it at all and to me it is part of this fragrance's signature. I always get compliments on it. Although its sweetness is now dated, for me it is not a bad thing to relive the early 90's...

25 April, 2008

nurpnurp's avatar
    nurpnurp

I remember paying for a parking ticket at a police station a couple of years ago (I was 21) while I had Roma on during the day. I was being helped out by a mid-30ish year old beautiful lady who could smell the cologne. She said "Mmm, you smell really good", and so jokingly I replied "Haha, is that a date?". To that, she replied "I would if I wasn't married".

Although this cologne is not great enough to nullify any parking tickets, it was great enough to have her almost cheat on her husband! So to all you married couples out there, beware of any singles who posses Roma Uomo.

22 April, 2008

Stu's avatar
    Stu

I have loved this for several years now. Every note from top to bottom suits my skin, which doesn't seem to like every fragrance out there even if I like them on others. Thanks Roma Uomo. So many Thumbs WAY WAY UP!!

18 April, 2008

Guayacan's avatar
    Guayacan

Similar to minotaure, I would say this it the minotaure for older guys. Buy minotaure if you're 20-35 and roma uomo if you're 35 + . Roma is vanilla based and spicier than minotaure. I perceive minotaure a bit sweeter.

12 December, 2007

Tony K's avatar
    Tony K

Another one of my favorites. The vanilla, tangerine, grapefruit combo is out of this world. I buy this constantly in fear that they will someday discontinue it. Please Ms.Biagiotti, or Procter & Gamble, have mercy, and keep this in production...

09 December, 2007

tarant's avatar
    tarant
    Switzerland Switzerland

I love it very much. It's fresh and very male. It has a Mediterranean touch. It reminds me a little bit of pipe tobacco.

05 June, 2007

miguel's avatar
    miguel
    Slovenia Slovenia

I used to wear it in huge amounts back in high school when it was first introduced to market. A 50 mL bottle would dissapear within a month. Than couple of years later my boyfriend started using it. To be honest I didn't like on him that much. It smelt so much sweeter on my skin. After we broke up I kind of forgotten about it (the perfume, not the guy). Than couple of days ago, I found it in a store. Did they change it?! Was I actually wearing the same scent? I smelt so much better in 90's. But then again maybe that cheeting bastart have scanged my perception of Roma. Newer the less it's very masculine scent, very distinct. And yes very sweet. Not like A*Men though. And not a "formal night in an opera" scent, but ideal for a business meeting.

It still brings up good High School memories;))

17 December, 2006

chadmwgarrett's avatar
    chadmwgarrett

First thing came to mind was dreamsicle.. you know the orange popsicles with vanilla.. I came across this at my local frag retailer and i love it.. its not overpowering very nice.. wore it out tonight.. probably use it more for work.. if you like vanilla then you will love this..

29 October, 2006

Mario Justiniani's avatar
    Mario Justiniani
    Cuba Cuba

Minotaure's younger, GQ brother. He's not as powerfully built, his face is classical rather than rugged, and he has no grey around the temples.
    But what he lacks in worldly experience he makes up in charm, and the ladies are taken by his smooth approach. A joy to wear.

30th July, 2006 (Last Edited: 11th December, 2012)

abimanyu's avatar
    abimanyu
    Indonesia Indonesia

I love this scent! If you like vanilla but not too vanillic, try this Ambery/Fougere offering from Biagotti! Girls love the smell! When I wear this, I noticed tha girls took deep breaths as to inhale the scent. They said that it just smells good. Sweet but not cloying and it still retains its freshness and yet the dry down is masculine,delicious and deep. I can see why some girls would want to rip a man's clothes when smelling LB Roma. Can't never over apply!

23 June, 2006

's avatar

Roma is simply Minotaure's less vicious cousin. Actually, if you remove Minotaure's offputting orange note, invite Hannae Mori to the party and make sure that Jacomo has his Paradox close by... throw the three into a cake pan and bake for half an hour.. you have ROMA! It kicks off with a very Paradox like freshness, almost a minty character... then melts into a smooth blend of spices and vanilla that is very reminiscent of Minotaure and Hannae Mori. Personally, I think that Roma does the whole quasi Oriental/Gourmand thing a lot better than the other two, and in less cloying fashion and if it weren't for such a poor longevity.. this scent would be pretty close to perfect, in my opinion. Lighter than many gourmands/Orientals, this frag is a little more versatile than scents like Opium/A*Men and so on.

05 May, 2006

aubrgene's avatar
    aubrgene

I smell oranges/citrus at first and turns into the vanilla/sandalwood drydown. This one is one of my favorites in warmer months. Love it!

21st April, 2006

Francoise_Papiran's avatar
    Francoise_Papiran

Another sexy, hardcore, unique powerhouse oriental cologne that is relatively unknown and hard to find. This is a very good scent, warm and lively; is somewhat sweet with notes of orange, maybe a bit too much patchouli and clove… Smells very similar to Minotaure and Chanel Allure. It has a very sharp captivating scent when it goes on wet and for the middle notes. It finishes very weak as it fades away and doesn't last long. But colognes don’t have to last long to be considered a good or great scent. It's how they make you feel and if they exhilarate your senses that counts. This does both so I recommend. A definite purchase for 2006.

02 February, 2006

Ken_Russell's avatar
    Ken_Russell
    Romania Romania

Powdery, almost candy-like at first but gradually developing into an ultimate extravaganza of warm, slightly bitter-weeet tones. A very remote hint of Mediterranean fruits and spices. This scent promises to render its wearer elegant and sophistcated like a Roman aristiocrat or a puzzling masterpiece by Fellini. While these promises are somewhat diffucult to relate to, they are at least partly true- this scent captures the sensation of a hot day in Rome, with all its rich colours and fragrances, with exotic merchandise from all over the world, with the theatrical grandeur of its old buildings. A tribute to Rome, dramatic, lush, the powdery touch almost reenacting
    the sensation of old walls and ruins in a dusty, overheated climate- like these old buildings it bears both a sensation of indefinable frailty and timeless persistence of old imperial luxury . Both fragile and monumental...

22 January, 2006

paolo74's avatar
    paolo74

If JPG is "le Male", Laura Biagiotti Roma is "l'Uomo". The best male scent.

05 January, 2006

scenteur7's avatar
    scenteur7

One of my top 5 men's scents of all time. Slightly sweet in the opening, but a wonderful smooth oriental in the basenotes. A very unique scent that has no comparison!

16 September, 2005

Stuey's avatar
    Stuey

I definitely have to disagree with Josh A's perceptions. This fragrance is WAY up there and one of my favorites!! I have gotten frequent compliments from others and they aren't saying how good it smells just to be kind. Anything you wear depends on your body chemistry. This is exciting, deep, sensuous and makes the wearer who wears it well feel exuberated. Incredibly delicious fragrance. There will always be 2 or three who will find something wrong with any fragrance so do yourself a favor and try this one for yourself.

21st May, 2002