Reviews

Positive Reviews of Royall Lyme by Royall Lyme of Bermuda

I bought my first bottle of Royall Lyme in Pasadena, USA, in 1963, & so savoured it that I rationed it out to last until 2009(!). I have since used almost half of my next bottle (I won't be able to smell it on my shroud...).
Like others here, I was surprised to find that while the aroma was as splendid as before, the new lotion certainly doesn't last like the original. On investigating I discovered the very sad news that the company had been bought, & all its potions now made, under licence, in the US. This undoubtedly explains why the new version is inferior...
23rd June, 2014
Wonderful lime blast

Rich and sweet aroma of sun-ripened tropical limes. Very refreshing after a good shave -- tightens the skin nicely, leaving it very smooth. Puts me in a good mood in the morning. One of my favorite aftershaves, particularly in the warmer months. My only disappointment is its sub-par longevity. Still, a wonderful product.

Pros: Aromatic, soothing
Cons: Sub-par longevity

18th June, 2013
A wonderful refreshing lime that actually smells like limes, albeit sugared. It only lasts for 15 minutes or so, but I still love it.

A bit of Bay oil in the drydown.
08th February, 2011

Royall Lyme begins with a clear, sweet, and sharp lime note – so enjoyable and refreshing. That lime note is about all there is to fragrance – but it’s a superb lime note. It does have that tiny bit of disinfectant that Naed_Nitram refers to, and it does have the aura of candy. Lime is my favorite citrus scent, and Royall certainly knows how to present it. Royall Lyme is a splash and has even less longevity than most splashes. It lasts about twenty minutes on my skin, but it’s a great scent while it lasts.
23rd August, 2008
Stu Show all reviews
I recall my uncle wearing this as a kid growing up and so I have fond memories of it. I've owned it in the past and still like it although I don't think it has that long of a staying power but it's still overall a great scent. I will take EricM's advise and try St. John's Bay Lime which I've heard of but have never tried.
15th April, 2008
I can see why Royall Lyme is justly famous. An honest opening of sharp, cool, tangy lime develops, as the fragrance warms on the skin, to a warmer, mellower note of lime. this must feel wonderful to splash on yourself in very hot climates and is very wearable anywhere. If it has a slight air of disinfectant plus lime candy about it, this is not offensively so. could be longer lasting.
31st August, 2005
A good lime scent. Smells like lime and vodka. Not a lot of spice in this lime mixture, just a hint. Duration is not bad considering it's a citrus scent.
St. John's Bay Lime is more spicy and the lime in it is more prevalent. This (Royall)is more subdued. Great scent for the beach, or when out and about in the heat.
28th April, 2003