Positive Reviews of Royall Lyme by Royall Lyme of Bermuda

Find out more about Royall Lyme by Royall Lyme of Bermuda in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

delborrell's avatar
    delborrell

Wonderful lime blast

Rich and sweet aroma of sun-ripened tropical limes. Very refreshing after a good shave -- tightens the skin nicely, leaving it very smooth. Puts me in a good mood in the morning. One of my favorite aftershaves, particularly in the warmer months. My only disappointment is its sub-par longevity. Still, a wonderful product.

Pros: Aromatic, soothing
    Cons: Sub-par longevity

18 June, 2013

Grottola's avatar
    Grottola

A wonderful refreshing lime that actually smells like limes, albeit sugared. It only lasts for 15 minutes or so, but I still love it.

A bit of Bay oil in the drydown.

08 February, 2011

foetidus

Royall Lyme begins with a clear, sweet, and sharp lime note – so enjoyable and refreshing. That lime note is about all there is to fragrance – but it’s a superb lime note. It does have that tiny bit of disinfectant that Naed_Nitram refers to, and it does have the aura of candy. Lime is my favorite citrus scent, and Royall certainly knows how to present it. Royall Lyme is a splash and has even less longevity than most splashes. It lasts about twenty minutes on my skin, but it’s a great scent while it lasts.

23 August, 2008

Stu's avatar
    Stu

I recall my uncle wearing this as a kid growing up and so I have fond memories of it. I've owned it in the past and still like it although I don't think it has that long of a staying power but it's still overall a great scent. I will take EricM's advise and try St. John's Bay Lime which I've heard of but have never tried.

15 April, 2008

Naed_Nitram's avatar
    Naed_Nitram

I can see why Royall Lyme is justly famous. An honest opening of sharp, cool, tangy lime develops, as the fragrance warms on the skin, to a warmer, mellower note of lime. this must feel wonderful to splash on yourself in very hot climates and is very wearable anywhere. If it has a slight air of disinfectant plus lime candy about it, this is not offensively so. could be longer lasting.

31st August, 2005

EricM's avatar
    EricM

A good lime scent. Smells like lime and vodka. Not a lot of spice in this lime mixture, just a hint. Duration is not bad considering it's a citrus scent.
    St. John's Bay Lime is more spicy and the lime in it is more prevalent. This (Royall)is more subdued. Great scent for the beach, or when out and about in the heat.

28 April, 2003