Positive Reviews of Salvador Dali pour Homme by Salvador Dali

Find out more about Salvador Dali pour Homme by Salvador Dali in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Shifty Bat's avatar
    Shifty Bat

This scent is, to me, absolutely, unwearably gorgeous. I get a dressed-up cinnamon and leather oriental, much like Gambler and Gambler Musk by Jovan, but richer and darker. It has that old, polished drawing room feeling of Van Cleef & Arpels, complete with the vase of assorted wilting white flowers from the Wife sitting on the corner of the desk. The scent becomes less spicy over time and eventually devolves into a sweet and musky patchouli and I am surprised to find I enjoy this as much as I do. Too bad, because as a 29 year-old in today's scentscape I'd probably receive a more favorable response if I went into the general Public on fire than if I had worn SDPH. Every time I find a new bygone love like this I must seem like a happy puppy, shaking and sharing a fresh carcass with anyone nearby. "Hey, Human! Look at my new toy! I'll share my new toy with you! Why are you running away?"

26 November, 2013

PerfumeCollector's avatar
    PerfumeCollector

In one word "WOW"

For years I've been thinking to get this perfume, but for one reason or another I didn't, what a fool.

Finally I got it and this is one of the greatest perfumes of all times in my book, it shot right up to the top 5 of my list of favorites and considering in making it my number one.

It smells very similar to M. Micallef's Black Sashka, too similar maybe. The only difference is that the strong Artemisia note in Black Sashka has been replaced by Tarragon. Both notes are very similar but I thought I like the green and bitter Artemisia better than the sweeter anise like of Tarragon, but in SDpH case, the Tarragon seems to complement the other notes better, well, I am still in the fence on this.

The dominant note is patchouli, strong, dark, dirty patchouli which is boosted by a dark, damp oakmoss and a wet sandalwood. Lavender plays the perfect contrast to the sinister mood of the main notes and together with other notes delivers some luminosity to the murky, somber tone of this gem.

One of the most masculine perfumes in the market and lasts all day on me.

This gotta be the perfume of Barnabas Collins.

Pros: Dark, masculine, long lasting
    Cons: None whatsoever"

10th July, 2013

mussegt's avatar
    mussegt
    Finland Finland

Best fragrance i have ever used. I have had this about that 28 years and still using.

11th April, 2013

RobbieX's avatar
    RobbieX

A BIG thumbs UP here. Powerful, daring and gorgeous. Patchouli, floral and LOADS of character. THE DARK POWERHOUSE !

25 February, 2013

oikoymenh's avatar
    oikoymenh
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Oh yes. I got a little story - lurking on the net, while watching Le Grand Duc's recommendations, I bumped onto this one. Bought a bottle and immediately after spraying I cursed myself. But, why so hurry, so I tried it once again... and again... and so on, always 100% disappointed by that STENCH (my ma' got suffocated by this when I was wearing it!) - so I had my ebay auction nearly finished, but - what about giving it one more chance. So I sprayed the thing and went to please my friday. And damn, then it happened! Dark sorcery, gummi-mastery, his magnificence Salvador Dali pour Homme just revealed THE THING!! Rubber, coal, incense. Outstanding and intense. Salvador is the door to my dark path in fragrances. Cancelled the ebay auction. From now on, one of my favorites! Not for everyone, but give it a chance and get surprised. Big thumbs up!

04 June, 2012

döfä91's avatar
    döfä91
    Finland Finland

This one was clearly such fragrance that needed several try-outs before i learned to like it. Even the second time it smelled much better than first time. Third time: i fell in love. I agree the opinions described by others as a dark, unique scent. Surrealistic? May be too much said, don't know. There is so much power in this fragrance, that it can be seen as 'evil' or 'creepy' but like said by some other reviewers but the key is spraying only 1-2 sprays! On my skin this amount developes really beautifully, when sprayed only 1-2 sprays under the shirt, to chest-belly area. Then this scent gives out its best. With heart/base notes i get a small connection to Kouros that some other mentioned, not very evident though.

One of the best sillage & longevity on my skin. Apparently this scent is more than average dependent of the skin type, because some reviewers get just opposite results of longevity.

If i think of possible candidates for the "signature scent" this is one to consider.

05 February, 2012

dwrestle's avatar
    dwrestle

Wow so many people are drama queens when it comes to fragrance reviews. I can say it's a wondeful fragrance that smells to me like One Man Show meets Kouros. I love this fragrance, and in my opinion it isn't nasty at all. I think it is more wearable than Kouros.

03 September, 2011

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

SDpH is a great DD (dirty / dark) fragrance but to me it sounds like a good remix version of Kouros. Am I missing something?

That being said, it still smells terrific.

03 May, 2011 (Last Edited: 08 January, 2012)

Scent-e-mental's avatar
    Scent-e-mental

I am a huge fan of this fragrance, it is both dirty and sweet in its opening: like a dark latrine pit, or perhaps some freakish pitcher plant, into which someone has poured a sack of lime and into which several small animals may have fallen to their deaths. It also reminds me of the sweet smell of a recently dead animal decaying in the hot sun, which has then been covered in spice and added to a bowl of pot pouri. Throughout its early life, there is a dirtiness which is slightly veiled by a sweet spiciness. There is also at the same time, a bitter aspect - almost like cloves are present (even though no cloves are listed as ingredients).

After about an hour (or slightly longer or shorter depending on whether your watch has gone all floppy and has ants crawling all over it) this fragrance has toned down a little, but is still dark and brooding.

There is a similarity with Witness by Jacques Bogart and Zino Davidoff, but it is only slight. This fragrance has excellent sillage and longevity and would eat the aforementioned fragrances for breakfast (and given that the bottle is capped by a massive pair of lips, that's hardly surprising).

24 April, 2011

Gilgamesh2003's avatar
    Gilgamesh2003

An electrical fire in a mausoleum. Equal parts stuffy, cloying flowers, burning circuits, and corruption. Good luck picking out the notes from the pyramid. This fragrance would eat A*Men or Le Male alive. Not for the faint of heart.

All that said, it's a unique masterpiece, the bottle is gorgeous, and it's worth having on hand to wear maybe once a year. Powerful, incredible longevity, but probably not suitable for day wear.

27 January, 2011

shamu1's avatar
    shamu1

It took me a long time to get into this. For one, it’s painfully strong. This is without a doubt the strongest fragrance I have ever smelled. It's like having someone sticking an acetylene torch up your nose and turning the gas on. That's how strong this is. I could feel myself breaking a sweat when I first tried this scent. If you’re looking for a frag with face-ripping power and sillage, look no further. This is a heavy hitter like no other.

However, repeated samplings of this paid off, because I can finally appreciate this in all its ugliness. Publishing a note pyramid for Salvador Dali Pour Homme is both necessary and pointless. Without a pyramid, you would never be able to guess what the hell is in this. By the same token, a pyramid is misleading, because you won't be able to detect any individual note in this. Just because, for example, the pyramid lists patchouli and rose as notes, don't think, "Aw cool, rose and patchouli, my favorite notes! I'm gonna love this!!" Trust me, you won't smell your favorite fragrance notes in this. This is more of a dark morass than a perfume.

Don't expect me to describe what this smells like using perfume terminology. The best way to describe this is that it smells like burning road tar and metal mixed with every spice, wood and floral note known to man. Though this was released in 1985, it has nothing in common with the big powerhouse frags from that era. Frags like Kouros and Quorum smell mainstream and watered down by comparison. Salvador Dali gives new meaning to the term "powerhouse fragrance".

If this sounds like a negative review, don't take it that way, it's not. This also happens to be the most unique and daring fragrance I have ever smelled. It takes balls to pull off wearing this. This is an extremely dark and spicy fragrance, and you will definitely set yourself apart from anyone else around you. Sure, it smells synthetic, but it also smells very exotic. It deserves a thumbs up for its uniqueness alone, and its refusal to follow any perfume trends. Salvador Dali Pour Homme is OUT THERE.

MY RATING: 8/10

11th January, 2011

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Suggestions apart this oriental fougere, due to its trademark bloody vibe, is one of the few real draculesque, almost macabre scents out there, a juice (as already written somewhere by others) to be worn with caution for secret unmentionable rendez-vous. Try to smell it, in the main part of its development at least, it’s disturbing, extremely herbal, metallic (the initial smell conjures me vaguely the urine aroma), bloody, rancid (acid) but crude at once (i know the sensations are opposite but i perceive both). As soon as the base notes are set down, the scent becomes sweeter but still sinister and vintage, projecting the smell of a retro and bohemian deep lounge bursting of baroque objects, pictures, mirrors and antiques ,becoming then so tarry, churchy, leathery, old fashion and in my perception spicy, as a magic ritual potion full of wings of bat and nails of dragon. I agree who with talks about a sort of spicy/smoky/earthy kind of Cocacola effect cause this is the "taste" i detect in this phase, or better before the dry down becomes too obscure, "complicated" and rough. It's told they have blended more than 100 ingredients in a unique blend. The scent reminds me the taste of a typical barbarian sweet cake from south Italy, Calabria to be precise, prepared with blood of pork. Who follows my reviews on Basenotes knows my passion for the naughty dark potions. This one, emphasis apart, is something olfactory grotesque as an obscure hooded fellow whereof you detect under hood white eyes without a face. The problem is that this potion for 3/4 of its development is almost off-putting, strangely and marvellously off-acid. I figure in my mind some old desolate aristocratic theatre but paradoxically (it depends from the level of development) even a huge bare basement where you feel a presence somewhere behind a pillar or an heap of tires. This scent is not particularly viscous or dense but is anyway cold as a stone and dark as dark ink or better it projects the colour of its bottle, dreadful and appalling with those gigantic lips. I wear it just in some occasions, when feel in a certain mood, like a solitary dead man walking in this strange life out but i don't risk to use it on a first date for sure cause, if you get there moody and dark clothed, she could run away scared to death by your dangerously kinky aura. Going to blend itself i read somewhere it has the smell of some acid fruit and insects in decomposition down the pit of a red-violet latrine. Specially at the beginning the smell of urine and addle fruit comes to mind. In the cold, distant, separated top notes the scent contains anise, basil, clary sage and citrus-lavender. It anchors the smell to 80's and since the beginning the scent is heavy but dry-herbal. I perceive a sort of animalic vibe yet from this stage and this element is in contrast with the aromatic greeness of the first whiffs in a twisting botanic-animalic game of complexity. This corporeal feel is perceivable throughout the trip by the inquiring nose. The heart of the scent expresses nocturnal flowers as lily of the valley (providing the melancholic vibe), jasmine and obscure geranium (the coldness). The situation keeps on being for a while a metallic and impersonal affair but is destined to evolve slowly in to a sort of more obscure, deliciously stuffy, smoother, retro and decadent stage. The baroque dry down is indeed woody with vanilla, amber, dirty musk and leather which turn the scent out oriental and mysterious tough holding an averagely dry temperament. The longevity is high in my perception.

04 January, 2011 (Last Edited: 04 January, 2014)

Swanky's avatar
    Swanky

Salvador Dali is a dark potion: strange bottle and stranger scent. Having said that, I like this a great deal. Quite unique with a niche-like sense of adventure. Sillage and longevity are outstanding.

I won't pretend to understand what I am smelling here. Initially it seemed to be a civet-tobacco in the Givenchy Gentleman tradition, but GG mellows into a smooth leather. Salvador Dali Pour Homme is not such a gentleman unless one's idea of a gentleman is Kim Fowley circa 1968.

There is sweetness in here but I cannot call this a sweet fragrance; it's certainly not a gourmand. The sweetness is like one of the voices emanating from Regan in "The Exorcist." It's there and then someone else shouts a bit louder - first smoke, then tobacco, then leather, then musky, musky civet. Is that Bal a Versailles I just saw for a second?

This is among my more satisfying recent purchases, since I know I won't come across many clones of this bad boy.

02 January, 2011

cheekyhamsta's avatar
    cheekyhamsta

Vincent Price bottled…dark, enigmatic, smoky, craggy, menacing, scary to some… but ultimately camp…perhaps like Salvador Dali himself in which case this scent is an artistic triumph that has successfully captured his persona in a smell. If you soaked some burnt toast in Quorum for week, you might end up with something similar to this. I don’t think the scent is very versatile, but could accept that it might smell quite stylish on the right type of person at the right time, e.g. on someone mature in an expensive leather jacket &/or dark clothes or in a dark formal suit in autumn or winter evenings only. Ugly surrealistic bottle BTW but with a nice frosted dark green-brown colour that I believe matches the “colour” of the smell remarkably well. In summary, one of those that contributes valuably to the rich tapestry of men’s fragrances and that I admire but in the end I doubt I would buy. Whenever I need a dark evening fragrance I would prefer to look to Jacomo de Jacomo or BMen, or to Grey Flannel for something nearly as craggy as SDpH but more upbeat. Nonetheless, it definitely warrants a thumbs up for being so daring & artistic – and good luck to those who can pull it off with the style it deserves.

10th July, 2010 (Last Edited: 14 May, 2011)

Asmo's avatar
    Asmo

The bottle looks like the plant in the Little Shop of Horrors and the fragrance smells like it.

Sweet but wilted stalks of slightly charred plant matter. Strong, dense base.

Esoteric oriental fougere.

29 April, 2010

mrclmind's avatar
    mrclmind

Salvador Dali pour Homme is a fascinating blend of contrasts. Out of the bottle it is deep and bewitching. The lavender and clary sage on top gives an unusual fougere treatment to the dark oriental depth that comes bubbling up as this scent first leaves the bottle. The florals in the heart lend a hand to the gothic sensation of this fragrance. The base notes are all woods, patchouli, amber and vanilla. For me, SDpH conjures up images of ancient castles, witches sabbats under the full moon, upscale occult stores, and Aleister Crowley, O.T.O. and A.'.A.'. Ceremonies. I really love this one a lot. Choosing the right setting for it can be a bit challenging however.

02 March, 2010

OlfactoryExperience's avatar
    OlfactoryExperience

This is a very interesting scent and I would definitely recommend testing it before purchasing it. A heavy, oriental scent, SDpH is an 80's style fragrance that isn't too dry for a younger man to appreciate. In my humble opinion, this is one for special occassions, whether evening dinners or formal events. It starts with a lavender, clary sage, and basil which is immediately herbaceous, and the bergamot gives the opening a slight brightness. At the same time one becomes aware of the heart notes which are dark and floral - kinda murky and damp. The impression is then herbal, floral and dark. This lasts for quite some time but after an hour or so, the base of leather, amber, patchouli, cedar and vanilla. It took a while for me to appreciate it, but its a great spicy-sweet, leathery dry down. Wish I had more occasions to wear this one.

30th January, 2010

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar
    Andrewthecologneguy
    Nigeria Nigeria

Look no further than perfaddict's review. Spot on.
    For me...late 70s and 80s at its finest. Dark blue green and spice+leather. A bit of Drakkar Noir in the top flowing to Gianfranco Ferre's first (and arguably the best) offering, For Man. Manly powerhouse that is to be reveered.

UPDATE
    I am totally in love with this. After years of sampling and reviewing fragrances, this stands out, and is in the company of such masterpieces as Macassar. You simply have to be patient with it.

24 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 08 May, 2013)

SillageMonger's avatar
    SillageMonger

I am very pleased to have this wonderful fragrance in my collection! Salvador Dali Pour Homme is without a doubt a fragrance for special occasions. It is also wearable for most evening outings, if applied in moderation (a maximum of 2 sprays would be the recommended dosage). This is quite possibly the darkest selection in my collection, and while I would not hesitate to wear it for most evening outings (it is a bit too heavy for hot summer usage), it is most likely not an office or casual daily usage scent. It is a difficult to describe fragrance, and while heavy and most certainly a dark fragrance, most of the aforementioned satanic cult references can be readily dismissed. I would describe Salvador Dali Pour Homme as a very unique, heavy oriental fragrance with strong sillage and excellent longeivity, which is very wearable for most occasions when applied with judiciously. The bottle is also primo and in true Dali form!

05 September, 2009

perfaddict's avatar
    perfaddict
    Nigeria Nigeria

Salvador Dali pour Homme seems to attract a lot of metaphors, derision and the like. It also gathers good praise from those who appreciate (smell) its virtues. It is like Hugo's Quasimodo of Notre Dame, outwardly ugly, despised and derided, yet to those who really appreciate Hugo's story and the character of Quasimodo, a being with a beautiful and loving heart. His beauty had to be appreciated by his acts, putting aside the "negatives", giving him a fair chance in spite of his unappealing "externals" and reputation.

I love Salvador Dali pour Homme unreservedly and write this review surrounded the aura of its dry-down after 12 hours of wearing during a good day at work (coincidence? i dont really know) and yes, with a biased mind. The initial onslaught of leather-funked lavender and bergamot definitely requires a certain kind of wearer in order for SDpH not to be described as "hot tar and satan" and the other colourful metaphors here. My first sampling drew interesting looks from my 4-year old daughter and my wife. I initially thought: "what the blazes is THIS???!!!" I knew i was at a threshold of my fragrance experience and was glad i crossed it positively. Wifey liked it by the way.

To be honest, i still have not been able to get my nose around, by note, any of the florals i know are in this scent, but is the floral sweetness in it, apart from the vanilla, that makes this scent wearable. In about an hour into wearing, SDpH takes a turn into a much more mellow path, but all i can smell (and feel - strange!) is leather, leather and more leather. The notes do not indicate it but i always detected (subliminally?) castoreum, a lot of it. To confirm this, i have sprayed some AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo Castoreum (pure and natural as castoreum can be, with birch tar added) on one hand several times for a side-by-side with SDpH and yes, that is it. That "note" that has been described as blood, hades, smoke and what have you must be castoreum infusing itself into the other constituent notes. Sublime.

SDpH is one of those scents always in my nose while i wear it, yet it neither cloys nor wear me out. Rather, it keeps me thinking about it. In that sense one could say it is distracting, but positively and beautifully so.

As already indicated above SDpH's longevity is amazing. It is still going on significantly 12+ hours after!

Many thumbs up to SDpH and to the noses behind the scent. A fitting homage to the man Dali.

26 August, 2009

Pollux's avatar
    Pollux
    Argentina Argentina

It is very alike to Davidoff's Zino, a strong oriental and spicy fragrance with heavy tobacco notes. It has good sillage but por longevity, at least on my skin.

It comes to my attention most reviewers describe it as "black". I don't know the reasons for this, but I asumme it must be the way the bottle is like.

07 August, 2009

Zelse's avatar
    Zelse

Smoky
    You smell the wood burning
    It is fresh, wet wood with green still on it
    As it starts to dry a more rich smoke smell develops
    It's like a smoke that's meant to be smelled, not just a nuisance smoke
    Then a mossy dark scent starts to emanate
    Thus you realize this fire is burning in a hobbit hole with walls of dirt, root, and herb
    Intriqued you stepped into the other room
    Now you're surrounded by an earthy, musty smell with a hint of smoke
    The smells of odorous trinkets, furniture, and and halfling crafted fragrances mingle
    And thus you sit down into a luscious leather armchair with a dusty old book. A crackling wood fire in the room next door

And that is what Salvador Dali smells like.

Absolutely entrancing.

22 July, 2009

Kaern's avatar
    Kaern

I am the God of hellfire and I bring you.....

Baleful images are evoked (or invoked) when worn and I can't get licking flames out of my mind. This is a heavy spicy hot fragrance with a fiery amber mix at the bottom. It's a one-off, which is now hard to find. I love it for it's boldness and other worldliness. I also thinks the fragrance itself smells great and kicks a--.

03 June, 2009

nohay's avatar
    nohay
    Israel Israel

This one is a class of its own. Took me ages to like it since it felt unwearable - but than I found it in a ridicules price and thought I better give it a try.
    Brilliant and wonderful, it's not for everyone, it's what I would call an aggressive scent, but sometimes you want to be aggressive. As always I'm pretty weak in detecting the notes, but I like this "plastic" ricochet I get from it - not cheap, just, well, plasticky.
    Thank god someone actually made this unique perfume.

09 January, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

This is what all those "black" fragrances should be modeled after. This is a deep and dark fragrance but not so much as gothic bt more melancholy. Like a whimsical sadness. Incense and animalic notes conjure up images of castles but in modern day, surreal terms. Herbal accords bring in a touch of witchcraft and some flowers are thrown in to make the whole concoction a trip.

Thumbs up for a crazy frag. I would never wear this outside.

17 November, 2008

PigeonMurderer's avatar
    PigeonMurderer
    Finland Finland

Totally wonderful, but kind of hard to wear fragrance. (I only wear this scent in the time I spent in solitary)

Simply put, this smells exactly like Zino that has been set on fire and burnt to ashes.
    Another point : It transportes me to this giant, completely dark warehouse that has a cool concrete floor. Im standing there wondering what that warehouse holds inside, but I could swear there is some rubber (perhaps tires), some oily metal objects and few barrels of petroleum....Something else there too for sure, but it`s too strange for me to figure out.
    Then when I shout, the cold haunting echo travels through the space and never ends.

16 September, 2008

Ms Rochambeau's avatar
    Ms Rochambeau

I recently aquired a set of scents called the Salvador Dali Metal Collection. The coffret features 5 of the Dali scents in bottles with "metallic" finishes of various colors. The 5 scents are: Salvador Dali For Men (EDP), Laguna (parfum), Dalissme (parfum), Salvador for Men (EDP) and Salvador Dali (parfum). My interest in this set sprang from the fact that I had already owned one of the scents (Salvador Dali, originally in a black nose and lips bottle) for years, but had only recently tried it and fell in love with it, leading me to become curious about the other scents. When this set came up on ebay I pounced on it.

Judging from the limited reviews and information on most of these scents, I would say that they're rather obscure, but I figured I should write a review for them anyway, since the few reviews I found on this site were very helpful in me making my decision to purchase the set. I figured that my review could be helpful, along with others if someone else came upon one of these scents and wanted a few opinions before making a purchase.

The bad news first: Laguna, which is marketed as an "aquatic" women's scent is the one in the bunch that I just plain don't like. I don't even know where to begin. I'll just say that everything about it smells a little watered down, cheap, synthetic and cloying. Dalissime (also for women). With it's notes of peach, apricot and lychee, seems like a bad, watered down knock-off of Guerlain's Mitsouko. It has almost no sillage.

Salvador (for men) is not bad, but there's nothing exceptional about it either and I agree with the other reviews for it that can be found separately on this site.

Now the good news: Salvador Dali (I think it's intended for women, but it's definitely unisex as far as I'm concerned) is to die for. I already wrote and submitted a review for this that has not yet been posted, so I won't repeat myself here.

The final scent is Salvador Dali for men, which all of the reviews on this page are for. Marketed to men, I see this one as unisex as well. As you can see from the previous reviews, you'll either like this or you'll hate it. It's definitely strange and almost undefinalble. Someone mentioned the smell of blood. This may sound weird, but as I moved about this evening I caught a whiff of the scent and that's exactly what came to mind. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just surprising and strange. Shortly after I applied it earlier today, it started smelling like something I was already familiar with. Then it hit me that this is similar in smell and strangeness to Vera Kern's "Onda" (which I also reviewed in the same review as Guerlain's Djedi that has not been posted yet). S. D. came first, but Vera Kern's Onda is much more pungent and assertive. Those of you who don't like this will probably hate Onda, which I think is wonderful.

Since this review is really for Salvador Dali for Men I'll just rate that one. I give it a thumbs up.

18 August, 2008

DiscoDan's avatar
    DiscoDan
    Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

I first heard about Salvador Dali from this site when I was interesting in purchasing a cologne with a mysterious, spooky quality. I'd heard people compare this to blood and human sacrifices and all kinds of other things, so i wasn't for sure what to expect, but i was hoping it would at least be eerie enough for me.

After smelling it though, I don't really think any of the comparisons I heard were exactly right. It is a very dark, brooding scent. It's very masculine but sweet, in a vintage kind of way. I don't consider myself a very butch guy, so I don't know how well it fits my personality, but I love it! In the right mindset I can definately see how it would conjure up images of vampires and other sophisticated creatures of the night. Whoever said it smells like poop or body organs or whatever else is being ridiculous. This cologne is brilliant, not to mention Long lasting. I don't think i've ever had anything last as long.

If you're interested in a classy masculine scent, I honestly don't see how anyone could be disappointed by Salvador Dali. Also, if you're interested in this because you've heard it's mysterious and spooky, it's a start. I'm still looking for the perfect horror scent, but this will satisfy me until i find it.

09 July, 2008

vespertine's avatar
    vespertine

like everyone else
    dark
    smells like dead flowers, left in a house, sorrounded by trickets and old photos
    definatly for those with a dark side
    its like an evanescence song in a way

07 July, 2008

Magnulus's avatar
    Magnulus

Thumbs Up! This stuff is a woody Oriental fougere that is not for everybody. It has the predominant smell of slowly burning wood scented with herbs. There is an agarwood/aoud quality to the whole fragrance as well in that it is dark, sharp, and piercing, although it also has a goofy/quirky/Surrealist tone to it.

It's not for everybody but this fragrance has recieved a few good comments when I've worn it. It is very unusual, and on my skin has good longevity.

23 June, 2008 (Last Edited: 29 June, 2008)