Neutral Reviews of Sélection Verte by Creed

Find out more about Sélection Verte by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Justin Case's avatar
    Justin Case

Not a thumbs down because it's true to what it professes to be (citrus and mint) and it does it very well.

Not a thumbs up for the same reason. This, like Bois De Cedrat, is so natural to me that it smells edible. It makes me smell like I've just got done squeezing lemons and making mint lemonade, then didn't do a good job washing my hands. Cannot wear it.

17 March, 2013

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

Creed Selection Vert was more of a sweet green than a leafy one. Featuring lime, lavender, and spearmint, it was not as "chewing gum" as Guerlain AA Mentafolia, and it was quite a bit more masculine.

24 August, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

If I had tested this blind, I would swear it would be a Bulgari. Has the aldehydic drydown of the The series with a fresh and amazing green mint added on top. Nice, since I don't like mint. Doesn't last long though. Go for Chèvrefeuille Original if you want longevity and mint (from a Creed). Honestly, thumbs up if it lasted longer.

29 August, 2008

rach2jlc's avatar
    rach2jlc

It's not a bad scent, but I'd say save the high cost and just get the original YSL Pour Homme. Each have that crisp, cool green and citrus blend, but the YSL actually has some lasting power.

19 January, 2007

bcuzy's avatar
    bcuzy

Clean, fresh, but I find the mint too dominating and medicinal. For something citrus and fresh a little herbal, I much prefer Millésime Impérial; more subtle, interesting, layered.

23 September, 2006

robyogi's avatar
    robyogi

It started off so well - citrus and mint coolness. Then, for whatever reason, it turned bitter on my skin and all hope was lost. Fortunately, it stays close to the skin, and its longevity is not so great. The opening notes gave me hope, but overall, it just doesn't work for me. I have a feeling this is chemistry-related, hence the so-so rating.

28 July, 2006