Positive Reviews of Séxual pour Homme by Michel Germain

Find out more about Séxual pour Homme by Michel Germain in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

DoctorQuality's avatar

Good knock-off of Eternity for Men

Séx?al pour Homme is a knock-off of Eternity for Men (as is Very Sexy for Men by Victoria's Secret). I've compared all three, on skin, side-by-side.

Séx?al pour Homme has the best longevity, though it's hardly what I would hope for. Very Sexy has almost no longevity at all; it feels as though it's gone in ten minutes. Eternity for Men falls somewhere between those extremes.

Plus Séx?al pour Homme holds a bit more spice and sweet bite in the drydown than either.

So, though it's not all that well-known, I rely on Séx?al pour Homme for every day usage. Meanwhile, I keep a bottle of Very Sexy displayed on the vanity for the ladies to admire ... as well as for refreshing Séx?al pour Homme while at home. I leave the lame Coty reformulation of Eternity for Men to gullible shoppers in the mall.

And I keep an eBay search on for vintage Eternity for Men juice ... though I am more likely to find a live unicorn for sale first.

Pros: Longevity
    Cons:

12 July, 2013

sjg3839's avatar

Pretty good frag. Purchased this one going to get another frag. Oriental scent done right. One to check out.

11th October, 2012

WellGroomedGentleman's avatar

VERY under-rated fragrance.
    it doesnt have the best longetivity but projection is fine, especially during the first 3 hours.
    it smells a bit like Eternity that is true, but less spicy, a little cooler.

it is a pretty subtle fragrance in my opinion, I am 20 and I would wear it to school and grocery shopping and all other nformatl situations.

this fragrance would work great for summer and spring.

29 October, 2011

09DannyH's avatar

A great fragrance but I'm just too young for it. It developes into this crazy sexy aroma that draws people into you. In 10 years maybe this will be my cologne of choice.

18 July, 2010

scentimus's avatar

Wow I can't believe that some finds this has light and not long lasting - ?

My problem is that it has too much longevity and too much sillage to the point that it becomes very sweet and cloying. The scent reminds me of a rip off on Eternity and Jivago 24K with a sweet dash of Animale for men. The problem with Sexual like Eternity is that wears become very immune to the scent and get this crazy idea this it not on their skin any more so they put more and more - and poor people around get a HEADACHE!

I have to give it a thumbs up for it longevity - but be careful with the sprays!

28 September, 2009

Guayacan's avatar

I purchased this online, I received it today and I'm very pleased. It does smell sexy, classy and playful at the same time. I will be purchasing more of this juice once I finish my 4.2 oz bottle. It's not the same as paco rabanne xs, may be similar the first 3 minutes but then turns a different direction.

05 December, 2007

jude_c's avatar

This stuff is seductive. No question. It is very long lasting. I think there are better, sexier scents - third man, antaeus, santos, joop, ungaro III, are just a few - but this stuff is big time scent. This stuff really surprised me, it is powerful juice that is better than Pi by givenchy, similar scents somewhat.

06 November, 2007

tvlampboy's avatar

I can't remember the last time I got this many female compliments -- this stuff MUST have pheromones in it!

Goes on smelling very like Eternity (NOT my favorite!), but dries down to a sexy, musky base that's almost transparent.

Incredible longevity and monster sillage -- do NOT over-apply this Canadian edt.

12 October, 2007

manicboy's avatar

I've admired this one for quite some time but never took the plunge until I saw a gift set on sale for $40. I've always laughed to myself about the name - Sexual? That's asking for trouble. It does take aim for the loins, but the question is whose loins is it going after? This is the one your mother warned you about.

This potion has an intoxicating opening. Heavy, deep and spicy. But not too spicy. I've yet to find the scent pyramid for this bad boy but Germain's website says it contains basil, sage and sandlewood in that order. All "Indian", as in Eastern Indian. Could this be the start of a new genre? Forget Oriental, this is Indian! I also detect tobacco, musk, and tonka bean. Whether they're from India is anyone's guess.

As the scent progresses, the spices stick around a long time before it turns slightly sweet and woody. Some have compared this to D&G Homme's drydown which I can see but Séxual's tobacco is more in the background.

Now back to those "aphrodisiac" qualities. I wore it out on a Saturday night with the girlfriend thinking if this doesn't light her fire, then what will? As the night progressed, her reaction was muted indifference. However, my reaction was of sensual bliss, and I could not stop smelling myself! Then it struck me, this potion does possess aphrodisiacs. Too bad it's you instead of those around you that fall under its spell.

23 March, 2007

david_001's avatar

Interesting oriental fragrance - very unique.
    What I have been told is that it contains pheromones.
    Initially found it to be similar to D&G homme, but after a while seemed to show its character.
    Very long lasting and becomes sweeter with time.
    Originally thought of it as a "special occassions" type of fragrance but now has turned into my "daily"!

Something new & unique....definately captivating for the moment!

12 November, 2006

Francoise_Papiran's avatar

A very nice, soft, sweet and highly seductive fragrance from this unknown designer. The good thing about this fragrance is that almost no one wears it. It's perfect for the romantic, sexy and sophisticated man and reminds me a bit like Dunhill's Desire but maybe not as long lasting.

06 February, 2006

howardbweiner's avatar

Sexual is a fragrance I use but not often. It's definitely not an everyday scent but rather for special use. It's that unique though it does remind me of Salvador Dali's Fragrance: incensy, heady, intense, overpowering if used too profusely.

15 January, 2005

AZsmells's avatar

I was walking around Bloomingdales and the sales lady sprayed this on me. I have to say I was amazed and bought it right away! I am not disappointed. I own about 10 very good colognes and this one isby far my favorite. Very unique, very long lasting. I can't stop sniffing myself when I weat this. I can still smell it on me the next day when I take a shower. Best of all everyone else isn't wearing this so you won't smell like everyone else.

24 May, 2004

chris-p's avatar

A very interesting oriental type fragrance,which was inspired by romantic elixirs of old times. It is like a combination of a lot of other scents out there all into one. I find it similar to D&G Homme but with added incense notes. I think it is supposed to have pheromones in it also but am unsure. Quite light for a spicy scent and long lasting. It is great in the first hour or so but lacks depth in the drydown. Worth a try though!

26 November, 2002