Neutral Reviews of Sienna by Crabtree & Evelyn

Find out more about Sienna by Crabtree & Evelyn in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

asb56's avatar

This is intially very nice, warm spice with a firm supporting structure of leather. Within about fifteen minutes, however, it starts to descend into a very animalic region. Another five, and I might as well have just rolled around in a stable yard. After a little more time it regains its balance, heading back to the intial combination of notes but with the positions reversed - now the leather is on top and the spice supporting.

I really enjoy the start and the end of this, but don't much appreciate the journey between.

16 October, 2010

Bigsly's avatar

There is too much lavender in this for me. It reminds me of Tuscany by Aramis more than anything else. It's good but nothing special. I suggest Dorall's Mustang or Z-14 if you are on a budget. If not, there are plenty more things I'd prefer, even if I didn't mind lavender as much as I do, such as M7 or Michael for men (not that they are similar, but that they are also "heavy-duty masculine" fragrances.

My old "newbie" review:

I wonder if Dorall's Mustang is a copy of this. The differences are very subtle. I haven't investigated thoroughly (comparing side by side) because I don't like either one much. They are musky, with what seems to be mostly a cumin/soft leather accord dominating all the way through (after the top notes are gone, which I try to avoid). I don't get any clear wood note. It's the kind of fragrance you will probably really like or will hardly ever want to wear, though it's not nasty in any way. The top notes seem to suggest this will go in a different direction, but in any case, the longevity and sillage are very good to excellent. I'll give it a neutral because it doesn't have the dynamism I seek, not because I don't really like the scent all that much.

27 February, 2009 (Last Edited: 22 December, 2009)