Reviews

Reviews of Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Salutation.

Every collectionar needs a CREED.why?because this brand is special.this cologne is one of my favorite (in my top 5).

SMW is very original,different,fresh and elegant for younger man (between 20/30 years old) but for teen boys it doesent fit.

The people around me feel it and like it asking me what perfume i use?i wear more often during the spring/summer days in ofiice.

Anyway very lovely scent from the begining until it end.not simple in my opinion this is elaborate and harmonic composition of notes.the longevity is amazing on my skin.one word i adore it.

Thank you CREED.

8.5/10
09th June, 2015
Silver Mountain Water is a real beauty; a bright, cool, airy blast of citrus and aldehydes, freshly laundered (comparisons to Chrome are not unfounded) with a semi-tart punctuation rising from the blackcurrant, only slightly fruity and sans any ammoniac edge. It sort of feels like a crisp clean breeze is blowing evenly over a calm liquid accord of green tea currants. There's also the vague hint of some unidentified industrial bonding agent. It's a curious feature, but subtile and one that adds a deft quirkiness to the mix. All of this rests nicely on the lovely (if lean) standard ambergris/musk foundation. An altogether "easy" yet very interesting presentation.
The catch for me, like many apparently, is that the enjoyment plays out over an astonishingly brief timespan. After liberal application it becomes a skin scent within 45 minutes and has literally all but disappeared on me by the two hour mark. It's confounding that a fragrance with this kind of performance (at designer price points, let alone the lofty retail tag) could command so much attention. That SMW is offered in 500ml vats (granted, as are others in the line) is also an amusing irony. I'm left wondering if this particular combination of ingredients somehow induces specific anosmia in some, while other lucky folks can actually smell this stuff for an extended period of time. Either that or Creed has managed to pull off one of the great olfactive/marketing illusions in perfume history:
Now you smell it...now you don't!!

17th May, 2015 (last edited: 19th May, 2015)
Silver Mountain Water from Creed is an interesting fresh fragrances. In the beginning there is an icy cool blast of citrus with an underlying blackcurrant note. It smells fresh, refreshing but also very different from many others in its olfactory group. The citrus fades but the blackcurrant note persists in the heart. The green tea note comes out slowly and mixes with the blackcurrant. The overall effect is what many have been referring to as the inky note. I only a faint resemblance of the smell of ink (or ink toner). On the contrary it is quite green, somewhat astringent, fresh and perhaps even a little smoky. It is not at all soapy, herbal or powdery. Rather it retains it has this sheen, at times almost metallic. The base is soft and woody, with a hint of sweetness.

This is one of those fragrances that I disliked at first, but it won me over. I find it more interesting than either Millesime Imperial or Virgin Island Water. I get decent projection and longevity. If you are in the market looking for a different take on a fresh fragrance, and willing to pay a premium, check this one out. Perfect for daytime wearings in spring and summer. Perfectly unisex.
11th May, 2015

Another superb blend by Oliver Creed. I opened my sample up and got an instant hit of I know this smell and I wish I can put my finger on when or where i've smelt this before. That being said a frangrance this good must have had a lasting impression on me if I had smelt it before or stimulated something pretty awesome in my mind if I haven't smelt it before. Either way its very alluring. The notes mix together very well to give me an initial blast of a gin kind of hit, this dries down revealing the fruit pallet, currents, citrus with some underlying woods. very appealing.
14th March, 2015
Silver Mountain Water was suggested to me by a Creed Rep, based on the fact I already own Aventus. Apparently, most people who have Aventus, also like SMW. I tried it out on my skin, and initially was not overly impressed. However, after around 30 minutes, it had dried down a little, and i was pleasantly impressed. The smell reminded me of coming out of a long shower, that feeling of absolute freshness! The citrus notes are fantastic, as is the Sandalwood. Its not an overpowering fragrance, and would be great for work, or casual use. I like to use it more as a daytime scent
31st December, 2014
The very first sniff is a nice whiff of fruit and citrus, but after that it quickly turns into shampoo. Not the cheapest shampoo on the shelf, something Bath and Body Works would make if they were a shampoo brand, but it's still shampoo. After a few hours the Creed ambergris starts coming through and things start to get a bit better but by that time I feel like I shouldn't spend so much money on a fragrance that just makes me smell like I washed my hair.
21st December, 2014

This is a cold, almost-icy tea based fragrance with a sparkling metallic sheen. One example where the name and bottle design are completely evocative of the scent itself, Silver Mountain Water very accurately portrays what it suggests. Between the tea, black currant, mandarin orange, and white musk, you get an inky-sweet, tangy aroma that is reminiscent of chilly, windy air in high, snow-capped altitudes. I get the 'ink' note. It's a combination of the tea and black currant that creates an odd, sort of chemically sweet smell, but it doesn't remind me of toner cartridges, more like ink from a pen or well. I also find this accord pleasant and unique, and it can be interpreted in various ways. Do you prefer ink, or black currants coated in frost on an early spring morning? How about industrial stainless steel, or the glassy, crystalline surface of a river in January? It can go either way, and that's what's sort of interesting about Silver Mountain Water. I picture a white, snow-covered mountain with an ultraviolet stream passing through it. In other words, I get a little bit of both--nature, as interpreted through a synthesized, futuristic chemical process. And it works.

Practically speaking, this is best suited for spring and summer as it's quite cooling and fresh. Projection is strong and it can be sneaky, and longevity is very good. I get about 8 hours plus. SMW feels most appropriate for daily wear as it might be a little high-pitched for the evening. Though I really enjoy this and think it was composed with an intelligent, clever hand, I can't guarantee this as a safe blind buy. While it has plenty of fans, Silver Mountain Water also has plenty of detractors, and that's why it's best that you sample it first.
21st November, 2014
Skelly Show all reviews
I quite liked it then I read this review:

Luca Turin : "Silver Mountain Water (Creed) ★ fresh metallic - An unpleasant, hissy-metallic “fresh” fragrance with a strange note of wood glue amid the din."

So in the interests of science I dug out a bottle of polyvinyl acetate from the garden shed, and I'm afraid to say that, yeah, it smells of glue. Shame, really.

31st August, 2014
Genre: Aquatic

A very nice summer daytime scent: light and breezy, yet also possessed of some earthy mystery and a distinctive edge.

Silver Mountain Water opens up with a well balanced currant and tea accord, spiked with a touch of the aquatic and a twist of citrus. As the heart exposes itself, the tea and violet contribute an herbal, soil-like undercurrent that enriches a scent that might otherwise be too much of a lightweight.

Another distinctive feature is a hard-edged "industrial," or perhaps "stony" note (robyogi's "inkjet toner?") which for me lifts the whole composition onto a new plane. The element of subtle dissonance this note injects keeps me coming back for another sniff.

The drydown is very rapid on me, and reveals an accord familiar to anyone who's worn Millésime Imperial or Green Irish Tweed. In the case of Silver Moutain Water there is also a persistent echo of the current/tea accord that adds a little zest to the end stage. This is one of those scents that seem to disappear after a couple of hours, only to re-emerge unexpectedly from time to time. Intriguing, and very well worth trying, regardless of gender.
03rd July, 2014
It's Millesime Imperiale with fizzy grape soda pop thrown over the top. Works surprisingly well. Somehow invokes images of its namesake, similar to the way Himalaya pulls off the evocative name trick. Overall, another impressive Creed release.

Worried about SMW's supposed feminine connotations? Well don't be a baby about stuff like that. Come along for the sparkling, good clean fun. Sure, it does wear a little feminine. But I get compliments from women when I wear it, so who cares? Maybe not right if your intention is to smell masculine to other men. Goes without saying that it would smell great on women, too.

Creed is great at mixing some unexpected masterpieces into their extensive collection. SMW is another one. You have to give them credit for coming up with quirky stuff like this. Bravo. SMW is a fine addition to any collection. You might not wear it often, but it's likely you won't have much else like it in your collection. Really hits the spot when you're in the right mood for it.
11th March, 2014
Ghosst Show all reviews
elegant, nice, pleasant. As a 16 year old, I enjoy the fragrance immensely. Although a Masculine scent, I think of it as unisex. No complaints from my girlfriend, only compliments. It also is able to remain on my skin and has a sweet dry down, not as in gourmand, but as said, pleasant. However, I don't bill it as a formal fragrance and although nice smelling , not something that I would wear to my Prom.
04th March, 2014
As much as I love the smell of this as it is quite gorgeous ,I just cant give it a thumbs up just based on the fact that even though its marketed as a unisex and more so towards men it smells like straight up perfume to me. When ive worn this out people have actually asked me what my girlfriends perfume is that got on me somehow.lol ... Which even though is meant as a compliment is quite embarassing.

I mean for what it is its very nice. It has a very fresh,airy smell that will get attention but its very perfumy so if your a manly man or a man that doesnt like unisex or perfumy colognes stay clear of this 1.

Longevity and projection:lasted me 8-10 hours with good projection for 4 hours and then becomes very close to the skin.

Season and occasion: Spring/Summer as far as season.... And Id only use this for casual use
08th February, 2014
I'm a huge fan of Creed, but I have to analyze this objectively with the Creed goggles off. For a good while, it was one of my favorite fragrances, though I do see it's flaws, which is why I'm marking this nuetral in terms of how I recommend it to people. It's a mixture of both beauty and ugliness, though it is worth noting that the good outweighs the bad.

It's a dichotomy. There are people who passionately love this fragrance and people who don't like it at all. Even though, I lean more toward the positive side, I totally recognize the complaints about it too. One person described this to me as water running down a silver mountain top. Another person described this to me as smelling like the sweat behind one's ears. I would say that they are both right, in a sense.

Creed SMW isn't a consistent scent, nor a simple one (despite being labeled an aquatic). It's many things and your experience it will vary; not just batch-to-batch, but from one wearing to another. This can depend on your skin, the weather, your nose, or your mood.

It's many things. It has aquatic elements. It has a rocky mineral aspect to it. It can be peppery. It can smell like a lemon tart. It can be floral. It can be musky. It can be clean. It can be dirty. It can be metallic and acetic. It can be warm and gentle. It depends entirely on your wearing. I've both loved it and found it to be mildly unpleasant.

The expensive price can be an issue for many people, but it's more of a personal decision than an objective one. It's a matter if you like it or not (try it first). Don't blind buy this, and to be honest, it's probably not one of Creed's safest buys, despite being labeled an aquatic. Well worth it for some; not for others.

This is not a nuetral review saying "this is okay-at-best. don't buy it". It's more of a "you'll love or hate it or find it somewhere in between". Ideally, you'll love this and buy it. But recognize both sides before you purchase.

07th February, 2014

This is billed as a masculine fragrance, although it smells more unisex to me. However, I think the basenotes do tilt it slightly in the direction of a more masculine “eau” fragrance. I like it, but for a long time there is a smell I can only describe as “peppery” which makes it far too “spicy” for me. I like pepper in fragrances, but I think in this perfume it was an attempt to make it more “masculine.” Very nice, very clear, clean fragrance. Would smell lovely on a man. However, I prefer other tea fragrances.
14th January, 2014
This smells really good, for a woman. I do not see this being a male scent at ALL. Smells like melon from bath and body works and dries down to a 100% woman's perfume smell. After one spray I will be returning.
19th December, 2013
Ethereal fresh air. Millisime Imperial the remix
14th December, 2013
Elegant and refined - no longevity at all on me

This is an elegant and inoffensive scent - perfect for office wear. But it disappears on me after a couple of hours. I got a 10 ml decant of this, and I'm glad I did. But at the price I expect more.

Pros: Elegant and refined
Cons: Disappears after 2 hours"

26th October, 2013
Another Creed Masterpiece

I beg to differ, radically differ, from all the "nay"-sayers here. How anyone could find this fragrance in any way objectionable is beyond me. Creed's Silver Mountain Water is a stupendous MASTERPIECE! One of the freshest, coolest, most appealing scents out there - a wonderful creation that evokes images of the coolest, purest mountain streams on a hot summer's day. Distinctively different and thoroughly sophisticated. Great work again Creed!

Pros: Stupendously FRESH
Cons: Longevity could be better "

30th September, 2013
True story...

One day, while working for FedEx, I was walking through the hall in a building and could hear what sounded like someone running in high heels. The sound came closer and closer and finally stopped right behind me.

"Excuse me..."

I turned around to see a young, professional looking woman standing next to me.

"...I just needed to do this..." She continued.

She grabbed me by the shoulders, buried her face in my chest and inhaled deeply.

This was a woman I had never met in my life. From that moment on, I knew this fragrance was a keeper. I constantly receive compliments on this bad boy. It lasts all day and makes me feel extremely confident. A smell that I can only describe as a suit of armor filled with fruit salad(silly, I know). This is my wife's personal favorite on me; but since I told her the story of the high-heeled woman, I can only wear it when she is present as a chaperone. This does not do much to deter compliments and it drives her nuts. Cracks me up.

Bottom line: A must have fragrance.

Pros: Projection monster, longevity, compliment magnet
Cons: Kind of a little brother to Imperial"

07th September, 2013
My review of smw

Bought a sample just to see what all the hype was about all the fragrances from the house of creed, the top notes smells like printer ink and is harsh but mellows out after about 10minutes. I loved the smell of this fragrance but due to its poor longevity and projection I decided not to buy a full bottle.

Pros: Fresh
Cons: Expensive, Terrible longevity

30th June, 2013
drseid Show all reviews
One Mountain To Avoid...

Silver Mountain Water pretty much blends all of its notes into an amalgamation of sharp citric bergamot orange, somewhat bracing green tea and an underlying metallic accord that permeates the entire fragrance (I would say development, but I get none on skin). Projection is average and longevity is on the low-end of average at 6-8 hours on skin.

I tried Silver Mountain Water years ago and did not care much for it, throwing out my sample. After having been impressed recently with another Creed release, Jardin d'Amalfi, I decided to purchase another sample of Silver Mountain Water to see if I was just too hasty back then... Well, to cut to the chase, the short answer is "no". This stuff reminds me very much of Creed's superior composition Millesime Imperiale that was released the same year sans the metallic accord, but with added watermelon up top and a bit of saltiness throughout. I think my primary dislike for Silver Mountain Water is derived from it being such a lazy composition that doesn't develop, and the underlying metallic vibe does not work. The bottom line is if you *must* have this kind of a fragrance by Creed before purchasing the overpriced slightly below average rated 2 to 2.5 star Silver Mountain Water, check out the equally overpriced Millesime Imperial for a more complete and polished presentation of the same base accord.

Pros: Fresh, versatile and wearable...
Cons: Lazy composition with no development to speak of and a fragrance profile too close to Creed's own MI.

30th June, 2013
Take a bar of Ivory soap, set it on an aluminum soap dish, then sprinkle black pepper on top of the Ivory soap. That's what this Silver Mountain Water smells like. Although it's not a BAD smell, it's also not an attractive smell and it's definitely not worth the price they're asking for it.

I'm so glad I sampled this and didn't blind buy it!
05th May, 2013
There is a fermented rotten apple/urine smell that makes this a scrubber. I live in Adams County, PA one of the largest apple producing areas in the USA. Driving in late autumn through the apple orchards, the rotten apples have fallen from the trees and are fermenting. That is exactly the same smell in Silver Mountain Water. Thank goodness like most Creeds, the fragrance disappears completely in 2-3 hrs. If you plan to buy any Creed, get a sample and test how long it lasts on you. Do you really want to spend $300 for something that disappears before you get to work in the morning?
02nd May, 2013
This is a fantastic fragrance. It can start off a little metallic but it quickly dries down to a very pleasant blend of tea and black current. The middle and the base are where SMW really shines. I get a lot of compliments on this, a number of times women have asked me what I'm wearing before their iPhone comes out to see where they can buy a bottle for their partners. I get 6 to 8 hours scent life per wear on my skin. I'm on my third 4oz flask, this will always be in my rotation.
25th April, 2013
This is a good scent, Just know that it is very floral. Florals turn me off like nothing else so I cannot enjoy this scent. If your looking for a nice pleasant unisex floral, this is for you.
21st April, 2013
"Metallic fresh", which is a horrible smell. Give me some realism!
20th April, 2013
Probably the best smelling scent that I have ever sampled. Nothing, I mean Nothing, smells better on my skin on a warm sunny day. There are two drawbacks, however, and they are both well documented. Drawbacks include poor longevity (varies, but typically 30min-4hours) and projection (lack thereof).

I don't care what other reviewers have to say about the ink note. I find the tea and black currant combination to be phenomenal. This juice actually lifts my mood and takes my mind and spirit to a better place!
06th April, 2013
This is nasty. The main fragrance is an average smelling floral, aquatic, and metallic. Just average. The problem is there is a rotten apple under-note that is nauseating. We have an apple orchard and this rotting apple smell is exactly the same note. I own and enjoy GIT Aventus, MI, Royal Oud, so I am not a "Creed Hater" BUT I am a realist. Some of their stuff is generic, lifeless, and even awful. The Holy House of Creed is not Perfect!
28th March, 2013 (last edited: 30th March, 2013)
In the top notes I get a bit of gentle citrus with bergamot, but very soon a blackcurrent-and-green tea combination starts to dominate. In the drydown a bit of galbanum with a light musk note is added, and overall the result is quite nice but not a not very convincing as a
composition my skin. A bit boring and sweetish-dull at times. Bearable projection and a longevity of less than two hours on me.
10th March, 2013
DMA Show all reviews
I have just recieved a sample of this direct from Creed with a purchase.

I think its ok, but just ok.

To me it smells like a generic CK unisex fragrance from the 90's.

Its not offensive, its pleasent, but not something I would purchase in 2013