Reviews

Positive Reviews of Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Salutation.

Every collectionar needs a CREED.why?because this brand is special.this cologne is one of my favorite (in my top 5).

SMW is very original,different,fresh and elegant for younger man (between 20/30 years old) but for teen boys it doesent fit.

The people around me feel it and like it asking me what perfume i use?i wear more often during the spring/summer days in ofiice.

Anyway very lovely scent from the begining until it end.not simple in my opinion this is elaborate and harmonic composition of notes.the longevity is amazing on my skin.one word i adore it.

Thank you CREED.

8.5/10
09th June, 2015
Silver Mountain Water from Creed is an interesting fresh fragrances. In the beginning there is an icy cool blast of citrus with an underlying blackcurrant note. It smells fresh, refreshing but also very different from many others in its olfactory group. The citrus fades but the blackcurrant note persists in the heart. The green tea note comes out slowly and mixes with the blackcurrant. The overall effect is what many have been referring to as the inky note. I only a faint resemblance of the smell of ink (or ink toner). On the contrary it is quite green, somewhat astringent, fresh and perhaps even a little smoky. It is not at all soapy, herbal or powdery. Rather it retains it has this sheen, at times almost metallic. The base is soft and woody, with a hint of sweetness.

This is one of those fragrances that I disliked at first, but it won me over. I find it more interesting than either Millesime Imperial or Virgin Island Water. I get decent projection and longevity. If you are in the market looking for a different take on a fresh fragrance, and willing to pay a premium, check this one out. Perfect for daytime wearings in spring and summer. Perfectly unisex.
11th May, 2015
Another superb blend by Oliver Creed. I opened my sample up and got an instant hit of I know this smell and I wish I can put my finger on when or where i've smelt this before. That being said a frangrance this good must have had a lasting impression on me if I had smelt it before or stimulated something pretty awesome in my mind if I haven't smelt it before. Either way its very alluring. The notes mix together very well to give me an initial blast of a gin kind of hit, this dries down revealing the fruit pallet, currents, citrus with some underlying woods. very appealing.
14th March, 2015

Silver Mountain Water was suggested to me by a Creed Rep, based on the fact I already own Aventus. Apparently, most people who have Aventus, also like SMW. I tried it out on my skin, and initially was not overly impressed. However, after around 30 minutes, it had dried down a little, and i was pleasantly impressed. The smell reminded me of coming out of a long shower, that feeling of absolute freshness! The citrus notes are fantastic, as is the Sandalwood. Its not an overpowering fragrance, and would be great for work, or casual use. I like to use it more as a daytime scent
31st December, 2014

This is a cold, almost-icy tea based fragrance with a sparkling metallic sheen. One example where the name and bottle design are completely evocative of the scent itself, Silver Mountain Water very accurately portrays what it suggests. Between the tea, black currant, mandarin orange, and white musk, you get an inky-sweet, tangy aroma that is reminiscent of chilly, windy air in high, snow-capped altitudes. I get the 'ink' note. It's a combination of the tea and black currant that creates an odd, sort of chemically sweet smell, but it doesn't remind me of toner cartridges, more like ink from a pen or well. I also find this accord pleasant and unique, and it can be interpreted in various ways. Do you prefer ink, or black currants coated in frost on an early spring morning? How about industrial stainless steel, or the glassy, crystalline surface of a river in January? It can go either way, and that's what's sort of interesting about Silver Mountain Water. I picture a white, snow-covered mountain with an ultraviolet stream passing through it. In other words, I get a little bit of both--nature, as interpreted through a synthesized, futuristic chemical process. And it works.

Practically speaking, this is best suited for spring and summer as it's quite cooling and fresh. Projection is strong and it can be sneaky, and longevity is very good. I get about 8 hours plus. SMW feels most appropriate for daily wear as it might be a little high-pitched for the evening. Though I really enjoy this and think it was composed with an intelligent, clever hand, I can't guarantee this as a safe blind buy. While it has plenty of fans, Silver Mountain Water also has plenty of detractors, and that's why it's best that you sample it first.
21st November, 2014
Genre: Aquatic

A very nice summer daytime scent: light and breezy, yet also possessed of some earthy mystery and a distinctive edge.

Silver Mountain Water opens up with a well balanced currant and tea accord, spiked with a touch of the aquatic and a twist of citrus. As the heart exposes itself, the tea and violet contribute an herbal, soil-like undercurrent that enriches a scent that might otherwise be too much of a lightweight.

Another distinctive feature is a hard-edged "industrial," or perhaps "stony" note (robyogi's "inkjet toner?") which for me lifts the whole composition onto a new plane. The element of subtle dissonance this note injects keeps me coming back for another sniff.

The drydown is very rapid on me, and reveals an accord familiar to anyone who's worn Millésime Imperial or Green Irish Tweed. In the case of Silver Moutain Water there is also a persistent echo of the current/tea accord that adds a little zest to the end stage. This is one of those scents that seem to disappear after a couple of hours, only to re-emerge unexpectedly from time to time. Intriguing, and very well worth trying, regardless of gender.
03rd July, 2014
It's Millesime Imperiale with fizzy grape soda pop thrown over the top. Works surprisingly well. Somehow invokes images of its namesake, similar to the way Himalaya pulls off the evocative name trick. Overall, another impressive Creed release.

Worried about SMW's supposed feminine connotations? Well don't be a baby about stuff like that. Come along for the sparkling, good clean fun. Sure, it does wear a little feminine. But I get compliments from women when I wear it, so who cares? Maybe not right if your intention is to smell masculine to other men. Goes without saying that it would smell great on women, too.

Creed is great at mixing some unexpected masterpieces into their extensive collection. SMW is another one. You have to give them credit for coming up with quirky stuff like this. Bravo. SMW is a fine addition to any collection. You might not wear it often, but it's likely you won't have much else like it in your collection. Really hits the spot when you're in the right mood for it.
11th March, 2014
Ghosst Show all reviews
elegant, nice, pleasant. As a 16 year old, I enjoy the fragrance immensely. Although a Masculine scent, I think of it as unisex. No complaints from my girlfriend, only compliments. It also is able to remain on my skin and has a sweet dry down, not as in gourmand, but as said, pleasant. However, I don't bill it as a formal fragrance and although nice smelling , not something that I would wear to my Prom.
04th March, 2014
This is billed as a masculine fragrance, although it smells more unisex to me. However, I think the basenotes do tilt it slightly in the direction of a more masculine “eau” fragrance. I like it, but for a long time there is a smell I can only describe as “peppery” which makes it far too “spicy” for me. I like pepper in fragrances, but I think in this perfume it was an attempt to make it more “masculine.” Very nice, very clear, clean fragrance. Would smell lovely on a man. However, I prefer other tea fragrances.
14th January, 2014
Ethereal fresh air. Millisime Imperial the remix
14th December, 2013
Another Creed Masterpiece

I beg to differ, radically differ, from all the "nay"-sayers here. How anyone could find this fragrance in any way objectionable is beyond me. Creed's Silver Mountain Water is a stupendous MASTERPIECE! One of the freshest, coolest, most appealing scents out there - a wonderful creation that evokes images of the coolest, purest mountain streams on a hot summer's day. Distinctively different and thoroughly sophisticated. Great work again Creed!

Pros: Stupendously FRESH
Cons: Longevity could be better "

30th September, 2013
True story...

One day, while working for FedEx, I was walking through the hall in a building and could hear what sounded like someone running in high heels. The sound came closer and closer and finally stopped right behind me.

"Excuse me..."

I turned around to see a young, professional looking woman standing next to me.

"...I just needed to do this..." She continued.

She grabbed me by the shoulders, buried her face in my chest and inhaled deeply.

This was a woman I had never met in my life. From that moment on, I knew this fragrance was a keeper. I constantly receive compliments on this bad boy. It lasts all day and makes me feel extremely confident. A smell that I can only describe as a suit of armor filled with fruit salad(silly, I know). This is my wife's personal favorite on me; but since I told her the story of the high-heeled woman, I can only wear it when she is present as a chaperone. This does not do much to deter compliments and it drives her nuts. Cracks me up.

Bottom line: A must have fragrance.

Pros: Projection monster, longevity, compliment magnet
Cons: Kind of a little brother to Imperial"

07th September, 2013
My review of smw

Bought a sample just to see what all the hype was about all the fragrances from the house of creed, the top notes smells like printer ink and is harsh but mellows out after about 10minutes. I loved the smell of this fragrance but due to its poor longevity and projection I decided not to buy a full bottle.

Pros: Fresh
Cons: Expensive, Terrible longevity

30th June, 2013

This is a fantastic fragrance. It can start off a little metallic but it quickly dries down to a very pleasant blend of tea and black current. The middle and the base are where SMW really shines. I get a lot of compliments on this, a number of times women have asked me what I'm wearing before their iPhone comes out to see where they can buy a bottle for their partners. I get 6 to 8 hours scent life per wear on my skin. I'm on my third 4oz flask, this will always be in my rotation.
25th April, 2013
Probably the best smelling scent that I have ever sampled. Nothing, I mean Nothing, smells better on my skin on a warm sunny day. There are two drawbacks, however, and they are both well documented. Drawbacks include poor longevity (varies, but typically 30min-4hours) and projection (lack thereof).

I don't care what other reviewers have to say about the ink note. I find the tea and black currant combination to be phenomenal. This juice actually lifts my mood and takes my mind and spirit to a better place!
06th April, 2013
I haven’t owned as many fragrances as some of the people on this forum have; I’ve owned about 60-70 (6 CREEDs) different bottles in the last 5 years and out of all of them, this one is by far my favorite. It has that sharp metallic note which some people hate but in my opinion that note is a cure.

The juice inside is so fresh, sexy, slightly floral. I wouldn’t say this is my most complimented scent, but the compliments I’ve gotten from women were, “OMG you smell soooo good/you smell really-really good” with emphasis on the adjective.

This isn’t a heavy scent but it has these seductive woody undertones to it; an exceptional scent in my opinion. I change my mind about fragrances frequently and I can safely say that I will continue to buy this one for a long time.
07th December, 2012
Wonderful juice! For me, opens with gin and tonic giving way almost immediately to fruit tea and clean aqua notes. Dries down to a fresh, elegant semi-sweet metallic accord. I can't really talk about sillage and longevity because I could only afford a 1ml decant, but I will certainly snap up a bottle of this sublime frag if ever I see it discounted.
11th November, 2012
A great fragrance for spring and summer.
The opening of this fragrance is fresh and green with almost salty vibe!
I think the salty vibe is because of the patchouli note!
The green tea note mixed with patchouli and some black currant give us a great fresh and natural smell.
In the dry down the black current become more intense and because of the musk, you have a milky vibe.
People also say smells like ink! yeah, something like that but it's not chemical at all!
Very smooth and pleasant smell.
The smell doesn't change on my skin in the base.
Great projection but average longevity.
08th November, 2012
A simple no-nonsense review:

Ignoring all the ludicrous praise heaped on this fragrance, I put Creed's Silver Mountain Water on with no expectations and was quite pleasantly surprised.

It opens with a nice dry black tea scent mixed with the smell of berry herbal tea. The black tea forms a smooth base, with the berry tea notes sitting on top. It then very smoothly moves into a lightly floral watery note with a hint of stone.

I don't think there is much sillage, but the longevity is definitely very good. I sprayed it on at noon and I can still clearly smell it now wafting up from my neck and chest at 8.30pm.

Warning! Wanky interpretation:

Interestingly, I think that the scent very accurately renders the title. The soft tea and berry notes give the impression of the scent of fruiting trees in Spring being blown on the breeze. The watery note with the unusual stoney aspect conjures up the image of a mountain stream, and both themes are linked by the subtly floral aspect of the watery note.

Conclusion:

In my (rather uneducated) opinion, Silver Mountain Water is a very well blended and executed fragrance, which doesn't have any sharp edges or jarring transitions. The notes are clear, but soft and obviously cleverly chosen to portray an idea.

I think this would make a lovely work scent, or would go very well with a preppy casual outfit as it has a very clean and elegant vibe. However, despite my positive experience, it's not really my style. As soon as I finish typing this I'm going to have a shower and put on some Serge Lutens! ;)
31st August, 2012
Tried it in Paris first (at the Creed boutique) and wasn't overly impressed. Then I tried it again at ScentBar in LA... and this one is a winner. The fruity and piney galbanum create an almost floral tea scent. The drydown is really fresh and fasntastic, with the galbanum and petitgrain expressing more. Sillage on this one was pretty good... lasted me a good few hours. Lovely scent for outdoor formal settings (e.g. outdoor wedding).
28th August, 2012
sasqwer Show all reviews
Czech Republic
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to smell most of the Creed's praised masterpieces (exclusive line etc.). My experience goes as far as the regular top sellers (as GIT, OS, MI...) and a few others (Green Valley). Still enough, I reckon Silver Mountain Water to be a hint of genius that happens once a decade. Eccentricity in positively decadent way unfolds gravely alternative way of an aesthetic experience of scents. Surreal composition where black current and tea transforms into metallic note reminds me of alternative universes. In these universes man has no power, it is technical reign of machines. Anytime, I wear this fragrance, as if the associations where created elsewhere than in my mind. I feel almost bound, elected to space where senses transmit information of another kind. Splendid.

Few more things: 1) Wearing this rarely makes it even more special. 2) Metallic freshness works better in warmer air. 3) Longevity is rather average, moody now and than. 4) Piece of olfactory art.
12th June, 2012
You would have to imagine the scent of black pepper added tp the scent of Millesime Imperial (a fresh floral unisex fragrance by Creed) to understand Silver Mountain Water

It is a well balanced scent that is both fresh and spicy, though I honestly prefer MI better.

At this price line, it would be difficult to recommend this to people who do not have a large amount of disposable income, as there are much better options at the higher priceline, as well as in the lower priceline. I just do not think it is good enough (like MI was) to justify the high price.

Overall, I say this a good fragrance, but not a great one. I would not recommend a blind buy, but if you are a serious collector, this is worth trying.

7.5/10
14th April, 2012 (last edited: 14th May, 2012)
Never smelled anything close to this before. The petit grain and green tea make this smell like sping in a bottle. I get tons of compliments when I wear this. I would definitely buy this again
12th April, 2012
Many reviewers have described properly the cool, airy and metallic vibe of this fragrance. The Silver Mountain Water's perfume is produced by a strange combination of dark berry tea, astringent citrus, irony violets and synthetic icy notes of mountain. I smell around the aromatic and hesperidic Creed's stiff landmark. I agree that there is something silent and sinister in the solitary Silver Mountain Water's wearer. I catch something like metallic honey in the citrusy-herbal aromatic air. The scent is aqueous, refreshing, fizzy and sharp. A quite unique fragrance.
28th February, 2012 (last edited: 12th September, 2014)
This is my most favorite fragrance of all time. Very classy & versatile. IMO, it's a very safe fragrance (I say that in a good way). This is the type of fragrance to wear to make a nice first impression. Many have issues with longevity, but for me, I get about 6 hours. I highly advise spraying on clothing to allow the fragrance to last even longer.

I get a strong tea note with hints of pepper. If I were forced to own just one fragrance, it would be this one.
02nd February, 2012
love it - lasts between 5-8 hrs on me which is just fine - very unusual scent
28th January, 2012
Absolutely in love with this fragrance.

Just little dabs of this on the hot spots and I still smell this the next day. Recommend spraying sparingly, a little bit goes a long way.

Overall response from others when I wear this is a great one. It's not overpowering; just a very smooth and delicious scent.

Not sharp like Himalaya, this is my clear favorite of the two, if you are in the market for either of those from Creed. This is in my group of heavily used frags.

25th December, 2011
I'm reviewing this right after Himalaya, to keep with the alpine-themed Creeds. Above all, I've always noted how unique this stuff is, different from anything else I've tried except maybe Herrera for Men, which shares the dark berries and spices. SMW is also very cold, but in a good way, unlike Himalaya. It begins with an exhilarating, boozy, sharp fruitiness, almost like a berry analog to the melon in Millesime Imperial, combined with semi-sweet wine. After a few minutes, I start to detect dark rose (or something similar) underneath, and tinges of very sharp spices creeping in, giving a little bit of christmas-wreath vibe, but not as much as in Herrera because there's less persistent fruit. I'm not much of a skier, but for me SMW strongly evokes a snow-covered conifer-dotted mountain range, in spite of how it's really only using a tinge of fir or juniper, and isn't a conifer scent overall. There's some mint and eucalyptus in here as well, which normally I wouldn't like, but it's played with a very subtle hand. What also amazes me here is that there's a consistent undercurrent of something rich and "perfumey" that smells very expensive, but it's not too heady or feminine and it cuts the sheer coldness of the scent just enough. I love the sour berries and frosty herbs of the base, but I wish they were a little stronger. Black, white, burgundy and silver, for me SMW is a brilliant achievement as a crisp, sharp, icy fragrance.
05th November, 2011
This is a truly unique scent. There is nothing that I have come across that can even mimic this fragrance. It does have a metallic tinge to it but it adds to the refreshing smell of this fragrance. This fragrance is sparkling fresh, like the fizz from a newly opened can of Sprite.

It is unisex, and can be used very well by both sides. This is a very good fragrance with good longevity, projection, and sillage. Sprayed on clothes I can still easily smell this the next day. The best part of this fragrance is in between the transition from the top notes to the dry down where you have a sparkling fresh ambergris accord that is pure magic.
01st November, 2011
Smells like orange flowers gradually fading into that great MI/ unforgivable smell. This one is definitely unique and likely to be a more polarizing scent than MI as well. I don't think anyone can hate the smell of watermelon Starburst candy but orange flowers may not be everyone's cup of tea. This one lasts longer and projects stronger than MI for me.
23rd September, 2011 (last edited: 25th September, 2011)