Reviews of Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Find out more about Silver Mountain Water by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Sunsetspawn's avatar
    Sunsetspawn

I've been smelling the sample for awhile now, with mixed emotions. However, now that I've tried wearing it for a full day I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised. Skin will absorb this quickly, but when applied to the warmer parts of clothing, this will last all day. Also, it takes awhile for it to settle properly, but when it does, the fruity tea goodness takes over.

I would definitely classify this as a summer scent. After it dries the smell becomes very muted. BUT, as your body temperature rises the smell comes back and it really gives off subtle but noticeable sillage. I've noticed that most people here seem to literally classify the smell as "Silver Mountain Water," but that is absolutely a psychosomatic reaction. If anything I would say this smells "purple."

I may have to buy a bottle, but I want to give MI a serious wearing before I make any decisions. The two are similar and buying both would be silly.

18 April, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Bright and metallic with a tea note shining above everything. Very sparkling. I think this is Creed's take on the modern unisex scent. Much like the way ck One is constructed using a bright citrus, SMW uses tea and the Creed house note of metallic ambergris (toned down a lot) to make the bright metallic tea accord. Dull and inky at times but brightens up every once in a while. I would file this one under "youthful classic".

15 April, 2009

Justin Case's avatar
    Justin Case

I finally found it. After over 30 samples bought from various websites, this is the one I can buy with confidence that I will cherish it for as long as I own it. My wife loves it too.

Most people say it's basically tea and black currant, with which I agree. It's Creed's version of a tea fragrance with high quality and longevity. To me, this is probably the best tea rose scent that has no rose notes. To know what I mean, try having someone else smell it without knowing what it is, then tell them it has tea rose. I'm almost positive that they will agree and be impressed with it!

Inarguably pleasant and brings happiness to both the wearer and the surrounding people without making a big statement or being confrontational - much like most unisex colognes are.

28 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 11th April, 2013)

Bartlebooth's avatar
    Bartlebooth
    Germany Germany

A Creed fragrance by numbers, and it has the rich, slightly oily texture so typical of this marque, The slightly herbal and berried opening is smooth and highly pleasant, but on me, it simply fades too quickly. The latter stages of SMW have a bitter edge which I find quite particularly disagreeable. There is insufficient quality here to warrant the expense of time or money.

28 March, 2009

Elgar Place's avatar
    Elgar Place

To get right to the point: Silver Mountain Water just does NOT do it for me.

SMW sprays on like it's cousin, Creed Millesime Imperial , but with an obtrusive, FUNKY note in it that turns me off instantly. In fact, SMW is like MI with something else in the mix (everyone keeps mentioning an ink toner smell!?!?!?) that throws the scent off. Luckily, the mysterious funky top note disappears in the dry down.

I adore MI (as well as so many other Creed fragrances), but Silver Mountain Water just goes down the drain for me.

20th March, 2009

adonis's avatar
    adonis

Blackberries and whipped cream with a steaming cup of English breakfast tea. Few would take offense to this scent. Lasts on my skin around 4 hours, which is fine. I usually tire of a smell after that long a time anyway. I bought a sample of this at TPC before buying, I'd recommend you do the same or try it out at Neiman Marcus before purchasing blind.

15 March, 2009

Jacollini's avatar
    Jacollini
    Poland Poland

One of the most "optimistic" fragrances I've ever smelled. Very fresh, but its freshness is completely different from the rest of modern "cool waters". When I smell this magical scent, I've got images from my childhood in my mind. In other moments I see some summer mountain landscape with blue sky and fresh, green grass. Notes of blackcurrant and tea make you feel like wearing suit of little white flowers. And something very important: my girlfriend adores it :-)
    It has only one disadvantage: poor sillage. It stays almost all day, but very, very close to the skin.

17 February, 2009

chris8519's avatar
    chris8519

A perfectly clean tea scent with a touch of metallic-- exactly what the name implies. Yet I find it too "modern" and non-confrontational; it is a nice background scent that doesn't ask for much attention.

A nice scent for a cool spring day... or maybe office wear. Nothing like the other full-force Creed scents though (which I truly prefer).

01st February, 2009

scentaddiction's avatar
    scentaddiction

GIT and violet leaves. It is really beautiful, it just has poor longevity. It seems to give me 45 minutes and I can only smell my arm and hammer antiperspirant. Pity, my wife bought me one in NYC for 30 bucks (she had no idea it was a fake), and I think that it outlasts the original by about 20 minutes. Thumbs up for the scent, neutral for the longevity.

26 January, 2009

reveillee's avatar
    reveillee

Just a great scent. A must try. Longevity could be a little better.

02 January, 2009 (Last Edited: 27 November, 2009)

SigloV's avatar
    SigloV

Definatelty an original fragance but it does still have the Creed down characteristics. I can smell GIT in there somewhere. I like this one but I'm not sure I could wear it everyday - I feel a little overwhelmed by the strong blackcurrant note. It really is very fruity. The inky/petrol note does seem to work very well to temper the fruit and makes SWM smell like nothing else I've ever tried. Nothing to complain about here - quality ingredients blended in an original way to produce an interesting perfume.

27 December, 2008

SWAMIROSE's avatar
    SWAMIROSE

Beer sloshed on the sleeve of a sweatshirt washed with too much fabric softener. (I wouldn't buy it... but I'd gladly accept it as a gift..... from Ricky Martin!)

23 December, 2008

L'Aventurier's avatar
    L'Aventurier

Let me start by saying that this is not, I repeat, is NOT a fragrance that uses lots of natural ingredients (in fact it's probably entirely synthetic). At that, it smells great and I suppose you could say it smells a little bit natural, considering it smells like gasoline.

Onto the scent itself.... Overall, Silver Mountain Water smells like sweet black currants with a strong, inky/petroleum note, along with something akin to green tea and patchouli. It might seem counter-intuitive, but the ink/petroleum note is actually what I love most about SMW (maybe because I love the smell of petroleum at gas stations). Finally, like Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed, SMW dries down to an ambergris (sweet and clean musk) base.

IMO it’s one of the best fragrances for spring and fall - just so crisp and fresh without overdosing on aquatic notes or smelling anything like Aqua di Gio. I have to admit that it does turn a little sour on my skin if I wear it in hot weather, but I’m sure that it’s just chemistry. Otherwise, a great one enjoyed by many.

8.75/10

07 December, 2008 (Last Edited: 13 August, 2009)

Stereotomy's avatar
    Stereotomy
    Netherlands Netherlands

My favorite Creed. Now, if you're reading this, there's a high chance that you think Creed is some magical brand with divine properties. Well, no. But their marketing is alright. Creed is one of the most accessible niche brands of today.

Silver Mountain Water has a beautiful blackcurrant opening. I like cassis. It mingles with the musky-ambergris base. Like most millesime scents, it's very simple and it relies on the higher quality (probably more expensive) ingredients in the basenotes to project class.

It has a good longevity, although I soon get olfactory fatigue from this scent and it stays close to the skin. I like to wear this in summer. I do find it more masculine than feminine, although I'm very sure women can pull this one off easily as well.

05 December, 2008

DolceBanana's avatar
    DolceBanana

Barely noticible in the first 20 mins of wearing it, but after that, it really comes out. Stays close to the skin which is good for romantic sessions. I love the fresh, clean appeal. Without doubt, some CREED fragrances are worth the money. They don't smell artificial or alcoholic, and they last long. After I finish with GIT, i'm buying this!

25 November, 2008

Grottola's avatar
    Grottola

A distinctive scent that I prefer to its counterpart, Millesime Imperial. Fresh and unique, like a cool stream running down a mountain on a winter day. Great for the warmer months. Just smells beautiful.

12 November, 2008 (Last Edited: 09 January, 2011)

scentofascent's avatar
    scentofascent

another Creed masterpiece. I swear it takes me to my camping holidays with just one spray. It has this clean, greenn metallic scent. Very very fresh, Longevity is not good.

22 October, 2008

magneto78's avatar
    magneto78

I just got a sample of this in the mail. WOW! This smells like putrified celery and ivory soap! Absolutely disgusting. Bad from the bottle, worse on my skin.

17 October, 2008

Nezdelupe's avatar
    Nezdelupe

A deep blackcurrant tea, with a milky stone metallic lifter note coupled with a violet and herb (was it the faintest hint of rosemary?) accord. Early on, bright, sparkling and uplifting, developing into a warmer, heartbeat of core Creed Millisime with currant and the other aforementioned notes. The result is persistent to my nose, in a background kind of way, prompting me to take regular and proper sniffs to get the full effect. (Get your nose right in there and even the early high notes can be re-found!) Fairly linear but complex all the same, and the interplay between the notes keeps it deliciously interesting. Seems to last at least 7 hours on me (autumn season), although I’ve yet to establish the power of its projection and sillage. Green Irish Tweed could be in the process of being dislodged by this brew as a regular daytime frag for me. Yummy.

14 October, 2008

Havok's avatar
    Havok

I really enjoy this smell, my first whiff of them brought me into a meadow next to a stream on a breezy afternoon. Definitely my favorite Creed scent. I love it!

24 September, 2008

thecheekyscamp's avatar
    thecheekyscamp

I don't get a lot the blackcurrent in this, and that which I do get seems to fade quite quickly. The tea notes are the best I've smelt, but I too get a strange inky smell (kind of like a very weak CdG2 hiding in there somewhere) which doesn't ruin the scent but wasn't what I was expecting. Consequently, I'm not sure what to make of this stuff...

06 September, 2008

Eros.Error's avatar
    Eros.Error

Creed perfumes and I don't get along well, except Angelique Encen and Fleur de Rose Bulgari. SMW is somewhat thin on the skin, and has this unsettling synthetic sharpness that almost all Creed perfumes share, I really have no idea what it is. There's a chance for me to like this one, it's in fact quite lovely with the blackcurrant, violet and green tea, I'm waiting my bottle of SMW to age a bit and see if that ever makes a difference. I will revisit this one.

03 September, 2008

Lian's avatar
    Lian
    Netherlands Netherlands

Needs more power. If you want to smell like you just got out of a shower and are retaining some scent from what you used in there this is it. It´s very light and you can barely notice it but it might give you that impression of freshness people seem to like. I need more presence in a perfume personally.

26 August, 2008

the reaper's avatar
    the reaper
    Venezuela Venezuela

this stuff is just great. the best ever. i don't notice it after an hour but my wife does during all day. i have 138 diferent fragrances and this is the one that she likes the best.

21st August, 2008

crunkjuice's avatar
    crunkjuice
    Germany Germany

F***ING UNBELIEVABLE! I never guessed this frag would smell that good! Seems like i can smell the pheromones coming out of the bottle. Its real fresh and smells really like silver. It deserves the name.
    Its also very rich smelling! 2 thumbs up! Cant wait till Himalaya arives here!

12 August, 2008

dpak's avatar
    dpak

Odd notes of ink and tarnished silver cascade across a breeze of weak tea and faint blackcurrants. A light scent with little longevity.

08 August, 2008

Kahuna Cowboy's avatar
    Kahuna Cowboy

Too feminine, the black currant overpowers the pleasant teas scent, and yes it does have an inkjet toner like note in there somewhere too. Over-rated.

06 August, 2008

surreality's avatar
    surreality

The opening fruity notes of Silver Mountain Water quickly morph into a crisp clean cool scent that has hints of something green in the background. The dry down reminds me of other Creed's that I have tried; SMW is maybe slightly fruitier but not so different from other perfumes from the Creed collection. This has good longevity and projects fairly well. Overall, SMW is a light fragrance that I find enjoyable, perhaps best suited for summer day wear.

18 July, 2008

jenson's avatar
    jenson
    India India

first spritz of SMW and i was bowled over by the smell of sweet dry earth, currants, "violets & Tea" and mountain fresh green accords..moving forward the green tea note gets a lil clearer which adds to the overall earthiness of this gem along with musk and a hints of patchouli. blackcurrant and violets add to the overall feel and character of SMW along with lush tea accords on a steady creed base.

SMW has a very earthy smell (Fullers earth??) on me, almost chalk like quality to it. the smell of slightly damp earth on top of a hilly region where there is no swamp, only fresh water. im not sure if it's just me, but this earthy note in SMW reminds me very strongly of "multani Mithi" or Fullers earth. Mithi in Hindi means Earth or Soil. i think people are referring to the very same note as the "ink jet toner note". ]

i wish i possessed the right words to describe this scent, neverthless, a classic for anyone who admires green earthy scents. all the references to Chrome, CK one, unforgivable (oh please) etal is baseless and holds no relevance.

SMW last over 6 hours on me which is enjoyable, good sillage thereafter.

09 July, 2008

taliaseki's avatar
    taliaseki
    Turkey Turkey

The opening reminds me of Versace man which i really like. A jovial aroma dissolves into white tea accord. Then comes a bit of tobacco; a straight tobacco as in Versace dreamer. This is a very succesfull well designed fragrance. And i think it is completely for men. Certainly it is the best creed for men in my list.

30th June, 2008