Reviews of Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Find out more about Silver Mountain Water by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

surreality's avatar

The opening fruity notes of Silver Mountain Water quickly morph into a crisp clean cool scent that has hints of something green in the background. The dry down reminds me of other Creed's that I have tried; SMW is maybe slightly fruitier but not so different from other perfumes from the Creed collection. This has good longevity and projects fairly well. Overall, SMW is a light fragrance that I find enjoyable, perhaps best suited for summer day wear.

18th July, 2008

jenson's avatar

India India

first spritz of SMW and i was bowled over by the smell of sweet dry earth, currants, "violets & Tea" and mountain fresh green accords..moving forward the green tea note gets a lil clearer which adds to the overall earthiness of this gem along with musk and a hints of patchouli. blackcurrant and violets add to the overall feel and character of SMW along with lush tea accords on a steady creed base.

SMW has a very earthy smell (Fullers earth??) on me, almost chalk like quality to it. the smell of slightly damp earth on top of a hilly region where there is no swamp, only fresh water. im not sure if it's just me, but this earthy note in SMW reminds me very strongly of "multani Mithi" or Fullers earth. Mithi in Hindi means Earth or Soil. i think people are referring to the very same note as the "ink jet toner note". ]

i wish i possessed the right words to describe this scent, neverthless, a classic for anyone who admires green earthy scents. all the references to Chrome, CK one, unforgivable (oh please) etal is baseless and holds no relevance.

SMW last over 6 hours on me which is enjoyable, good sillage thereafter.

09th July, 2008

taliaseki's avatar

Turkey Turkey

The opening reminds me of Versace man which i really like. A jovial aroma dissolves into white tea accord. Then comes a bit of tobacco; a straight tobacco as in Versace dreamer. This is a very succesfull well designed fragrance. And i think it is completely for men. Certainly it is the best creed for men in my list.

30th June, 2008

genvy5's avatar

There is a certain sweetness to this that I find most prominent at the top of the fragrance. It reminds me of milk, or cream, mixed with honey. I smell the blackcurrant immediately as well, and it lasts for quite a while (which is excellent). SMW seems to play with these most powerfully throughout its life, along with some heady note which adds a little black to this very white fragrance(with a touch of purple). It dries down very similarly to GIT, but you can distinguish between them and they are both amazing drydowns. SMW is somewhat light for a Creed, but that lightness is most obvious to the wearer, as others can smell this a lot better on me than I can. Lasts through swimming in a public pool. That's impressive. Beautiful fragrance that I'm very glad to have added to my collection. It's hard for me to wear anything else over this.

24th June, 2008

odysseusm's avatar

inspired by the exhilarating crispness of mountain air and the purity of cascading alpine streams…” (Creed site). I find this to be a cool, even frosty scent. Citrus and green tea in the opening, lots of green tea. The blackcurrant buds give another green note. For me this scent is all surface, showing glittering sparkles but having no depth. Indeed, I find it tiresome after a while...like breathing air from a freezer. Much nicer cool-frosty scents are Blenheim Bouquet and Fath's Green Water.

12th June, 2008

mrblowtorch's avatar

Um. Hi, Silver Mountain Water, thanks for coming. I suppose you're wondering why I asked you here today? Would you like any wine, anything? No? Uh... well, I guess I'll get right down to it. I see what you're trying to do, really. I get it, and I respect it, but, um... really, you're trying too hard. I know you want to be all silvery and all mountain watery, but I'm sorry, I just find you all metallic and sort of vulgar and gross. Maybe you could try to be a little more like your cousin, Millesime Imperial? Oh... now, don't cry, I'm sorry. Really, it's not you, it's me.

27th May, 2008

exbrit68's avatar

Having smelled SMW on a spray sample card at a local fragrance shop last summer, I was mesmerized by the warm (milky?) tea and black currant notes. Truly exhilarating! I filed the smell away for future reference, vowing to acquire this cologne as my first Creed when I felt I could afford to pay the high price. Imagine my joy when I received a 4 oz bottle a few days ago for my birthday! Well .. the joy turned to consternation when I sprayed it on my wrist to test the smell again. At first there was a kind of gasoline-like opening that (thankfully) disappeared after a few seconds and then I did encounter the wonderful scent I had smelled on the card last year. But .. it seemed much weaker than I remember and I felt troubled. The next day I decided to wear SMW and see what happened. Again, the slightly pungent gasoline smell followed quickly by a wonderful yet weak tea and black currant scent. I could smell it on my wrists for about 45 minutes to one hour. I'm assuming the same for what I had sprayed on my neck and upper chest. Very understated but nice for about an hour and then completely gone. Is it possible I got an older bottle? Perhaps not, since I've read elsewhere that SMW actually improves with age and develops much stronger presence and longevity. It is certainly not a fake as it was purchased through Fragrancenet.com and cost about $150. I'm really baffled .. maybe it just IS what it IS. But how does one account for the perceived difference in strength of scent from last year's spray card and now? The inquest continues ...

I give the scent I remember from last summer a thumbs up, but a thumbs down for the bottle I now own. Final verdict - a baffled neutral.

26th May, 2008

DutchSmell's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

I have tested 5 Creeds so far and after HimaIaya and MI I like this one the best! It's a scent you can wear ANY day at ANY moment! Maybe it's just a bit too feminine, but I like it very much!

8/10 for sure!

11th May, 2008

ScentSurge's avatar

I love this scent it's so masculine and clean yet sophisticated. I would wear this on a date or a formal gathering. About the same longevity as GIT, but I have to say I like SMW better.

22nd April, 2008

faatay4's avatar

it took a few tries . sometimes i get a slight ink smell.a very nice scent its mi with somethin slightly different. i guess the q is, would i pay that price for it? no.

14th April, 2008 (Last Edited: 28th May, 2008)

mgrz's avatar

bought a 1oz. bottle from Saks for my wife for Christmas '07...found myself constantly sneaking sniffs of the uncapped sprayer and trying it on myself (I had found out Creed was marketing this as unisex). Something definitely addictive here! Can't smell it on myself after an hour though...1 oz lasted approx. 90 days...I started looking online to see if I could avoid retail for a 4oz...found it at Perfume Loop for $105! Half off! (has anyone else used them?) First thing I noticed was it had a black sprayer instead of silver.... Everything else was the same...was it fake?? Of course I thought I detected a diference, and I still smell the empty 1oz. sprayer...but anyway, nothing else has held my attention as this has....definite metallic/ink note in there, giving it it's uniqueness...can't NOT put this on! I've since added the body/hair wash to it! Wish the scent lasted longer.

07th April, 2008 (Last Edited: 27th March, 2012)

creedaddict's avatar

Philippine Philippine

Not a scent for a humid country like the Philippines. GIT fits better in the hot ,humid and cool nights in my home town. But it does turn heads. It smells more musky on my skin after 3 to 4 hrs. This is when I shift things to high gear and bring out the GIT. This combination when used properly drives me crazy. My confidence flirts with the combination of the SMW dry down and the explosion of GIT's top notes. They should include a WARNING label on Creed scents. Proper mixture of scents justifies the LAW of ATTRACTION. Unfortunately it also attracts the wrong gender.

29th December, 2007

GentWoodfield's avatar

Uzbekistan Uzbekistan

The note of currents and green tea are
    are so beautiful I wish they would last
    forever, but the dry down is identitical to Green Irish Tweed and all too soon.
    While I love the base notes to a fault-it is definitely the top notes that make this one of my all time favorite
    fragrances to wear. I feel fresh and groomed.
    I wear Silver Mountain Water when I know I have a challenging day ahead of me for the lift it unfailing gives me and assurance it will be with me for the long day I will put in.

Because of its powerful and long lasting finish, however, I am sparing with my application , but I work in a confined
    space of a pharmacy - one with more
    space and airflow might want to be more liberal. It is such a safe fragrance for business. It evolks in me a secure confidence that I find invaluable as I must speak with so many people in one day. Not my romantic
    choice, but such a solid buy for really feeling groomed and polished
    without any risk of offending during business hours I cherish my bottle
    and give it 3.5 stars on a scale of 4.
    It lacks individual daring and the sense of the expression of personality one would want in the intimate realm. My fourth Creed and
    most used.

26th December, 2007

CatB's avatar

How have I gone this long without this fragrance??? I got my sample today, and instantly fell in love. I definitely get the berry and tea....and a slightly musky/smoky smell. Is that the ink? I love it!! I think that I'll save it for my wedding day, as I know I want a frag that will always remind me of that day....

26th December, 2007

Creed101's avatar

GIT is phenomenal and totally unique and my favorite for everyday wear, Taborome is mature and wonderful with the tobacco scent as is Chèvrefeuille with the lemon mint-basil - and all 3 have great drydowns and maintain their place, requiring only a SMALL amount to be effective, but SMW gives me a major headache.

23rd December, 2007

Mad4WDW's avatar

This is currently my favorite scent. I think I've got about 40 open bottles of stuff at the moment but this is the one I almost always go to if I'm going out somewhere nice :-) I get green tea and blackcurrant with a dry down almost the same as MI, very musky. I get more than 7 hours out of this, but I spray myself with about 12 squirts LOL You wont over do this one no matter how many sprays you wear. Thumbs up for this one, big time!

23rd December, 2007

play's avatar

i can see why this is getting so much popularity.
    this frag is a troublemaker if u already have a Girlfriend. This stuff is like allure of animal.("kavorka" as you may know from 'seinfeld'...lol)

20th December, 2007

roamling's avatar

It is quiet an interesting smell. The blackcurrant note is something I havent come across before. I recommend wearing it during the summer. SMW is a very fresh scent. I only found it did not last very long at all. I can recognize it for 2-3 hours than only a subtle hint is left.

20th December, 2007

Viking19's avatar

Love this scent and reminds me of wine-but doesnt last that long-himalaya and imperial last longer

08th December, 2007

DULLAH's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Upon my first few testings, I was unimpressed and dissapointed that such a Beautiful bottle and name, could be so synthetic and seemingly suitable as a feminine sport scent?

One of the few scents i have changed my opinion of, especially after testing in cold weather. It is so strong and radiant, that it holds rank as one of the few very fresh/citric/aquatic scents which really cuts thru cold air. And it's texture at the base is thick enough where it doesn't feel to cold for winter wear.

I notice that i don't really wear this in summer, and that's ok. I only wish there were less of the feminine synthetic-floral heart notes, and more of the sea salt and galbanum notes. Yet still I have to give this scent a thumbs up, not as enthusiastic as many others, but still enough to keep around for wearings now and then.

notes:
    Sea Salt, Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Mandarin, Neroli, Petitgrain, Chinese Green Tea, Blackcurrant Bud, Galbanum, Sandalwood, Musk, Ambergris

28th November, 2007 (Last Edited: 01st March, 2010)

jeff2417's avatar

Wow. Fantastic stuff. My first true experience with Creed, and now I see why it costs so much. Women seem to love it; it's hard to put too much on. Only problem is it lasts only about 4 hrs on my skin. Other than that; a wardrobe MUST!

06th November, 2007

cheadle's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

I'm at the duty free (Fragrance) section, the setting is the massive Dubai airport, I'm doing my thing before my flight begins to board and am loving it and suddenly i hear a guy just behind me ask: "SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER"? a couple of times, and the poor sales girl couldn't place the name so she asks what is the Brand? and now the man becomes silent. I took that as my cue and with a slight turn of my head i said "CREED". SILENCE!! For emphasis is made the 180 degree turn to face them and said "check CREED". Finally the girl smiled with relief and said "thank you" they were actually just a few feet away from the CREED shelf. To round up the encounter i moved closer to the grateful sales girl and asked for a schpritzzz of SMW & she nearly empties the tester on my wrists mmmm...nice. and i moved on. Hours later on the flight home i kept wondering somebody close by is wearing something really good... then i remembered; the Guy, the girl, the schpritzzz.. my wrists!! SMW by CREED is a sublime fragrance which gives the wearer authority, presence and sophistication there is unbelievable power in the freshness and subtlety of CREED SMW one fragrance that dared to go in this direction is DRAKKAR DYNAMIK but there is no contest here,CREED SMW has simply set the bar too high.

17th July, 2007

silk4ever's avatar

Yes, the infamous "ink" note, I often referred it as being some weird note in SWM that I can't get pass. Therefore, the reason for my thumbs down.

01st July, 2007

nthny's avatar

There is a reason this fragrance is so successful... It really is that good. Think green teas and fresh green notes with slight berry elements calming to a base of freshness, pleasant green sweetness, combined with patchouli and musk.

28th June, 2007 (Last Edited: 26th April, 2008)

sparkleplenty's avatar

wow! this is truly a FRESH frag! On me: peppery,juniper-y with a kick of berry & tea...I find it enchanting!

For a whiff of floral I combined w/ a daub of Mitsouko edp----nice.

01st June, 2007

baris99's avatar

Turkey Turkey

fresh and aquatic frag.i would recommend for summer and any ocassion.
    its more suitable for womens.

22nd May, 2007

scentsitivity's avatar

Silver Mountain Water exceeded my expectations. I was skeptical of blackcurrant and tea notes – how wrong I was! This scent is light, but with incredible depth, conveying a mix of fresh air and clear flowing streams. Ambergris and musk add a sensual dimension. Silver Mountain Water has decent projection and duration. An outstanding Creed! Positively exhilarating and highly recommended!

09th May, 2007

BoB's avatar

Thailand Thailand

Can't live without it.

29th April, 2007

smelly..'s avatar

this was simply astonishing when i first had the opportunity to try it. the essence of tea spills through in a most delightful manner and suddenly you are swept away to join the clouds as fresh berry breezes take you to dreamland. this was honey for the soul. chicken soup left far behind. i adored wearing this and would recommend it to anybody. it isn't cloying at allan the scents are all individually marked initialy, blending to a mellow crescendo which lasts hours. magical stuff.

28th April, 2007

s130178's avatar

awsome smell, one of my favorite smells
    shame that it dosent last longer than an hour on me though
    if this lasts longer on your skin it would be a definite 10/10 imo