Neutral Reviews of Sugar Cookie by Demeter Fragrance Library

Find out more about Sugar Cookie by Demeter Fragrance Library in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Sugar Cookie is a miss as far as I’m concerned. I get a rather solid synthetic note, but the worst of it is that I can’t identify the smell with the smell of the sugar cookies I’m familiar with: I don’t perceive sugar cookies as being spicy. I am used to the plain sugar and vanilla cookies and that’s all I want to smell: sugar, butter, and vanilla. I guess things can go wrong when you try to olfactorily duplicate memories from childhood: Everyone’s memories are a bit different, all use their own recipes. On my skin Sugar Cookie has the poor longevity typical of most Demeters.

01st March, 2009

Aiona's avatar

It definitely smells like sugar cookies, but not the way I make mine. Everyone has their own recipe for sugar cookies. Demeter makes theirs with ginger and cardamom and a little lemon zest, in addition to the requisite vanilla. I agree with previous reviewers that it's not a burnt cookie smell. It's definitely a citrusy fresh cookie smell. It's an alcohol 'fume, not an oil, so there's a bit of sharpness at first, which I didn't like. As someone mentioned, sometimes I just want to smell cookies, but I don't want to smell *LIKE* one. This perfume fits the bill.

08 August, 2008

rubygloomrox's avatar

I adore this. It really does have the smell of sugar cookies. I have noticed when I wear it that people really seem drawn to me, too. The scent is addicting. I just wish it lasted longer than it does. It barely lasts an hour once I'm at work.

18 April, 2006