Negative Reviews of Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Find out more about Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

iivanita's avatar

Croatia Croatia

ups, not my cup of tea:)

to my nose this is leathery, spicy and overly honeid cup of tea, like some bacon fell into the cup of my tea, how i like my tea is that it has some lemon, and reminds me of chamomile :), my cup of tea would be simmilar to Timbuktu, and L eau de Tarocco

i gave this thumbs down because of too much everything in it, not so perfectly blended to my nose, and my expectations that it would be more like green lemon chamomile type of scent:)

26 October, 2012

mrblah's avatar

It starts off wonderfully complex, woody, spicey, and sweet. However, after a while all I was left was a pipe tobacco scent. It literally smelled like pipe tobacco, and while I enjoy the smell of pipe tobacco, its not something I want as the predominant scent.

Also, I can only see this being worn during the winter and at night, and you must really love tobacco.

07 October, 2011

the_good_life's avatar

Germany Germany

I love tea. Black and green, Assam and Darjeeling, pure or (naturally!) flavored, straight and with sugar and milk. The tarry smoky notes of Lapsang Souchong are not for everybody - it's the Islay of teas - and much of the stuff on the market (which is mostly not genuine LS from the Wuyi mountains) is pretty awful. Which brings us to T42. A pretty awful perfume - for me. Smoke and honey, the combination simply turns my stomach and it basically ends there - if it only would, that is.

19 October, 2008

baris99's avatar

Turkey Turkey

i dont like tea ,thats not for my taste , too smoky try dzing

22 May, 2007

purplebird7's avatar

Much praise has been heaped upon the tea genre, and I am a lover of tea. This is supposed to epitomize the genre. I was puzzled when this fragrance impressed me otherwise. I found large amounts of honey, a perfect amount of smoke, and a hint of tea. I, who used to run from the least amount of smoke, have begun to seek this note as a copunterpoint to sweetness. I would love this fragrance if it consisted of a large amount of tea, the same amount of smoke, and a hint of honey. The nature of honey is such that flowers and herbs readily impart their flavor and fragrance to it. I'm sure there is a plenty of tea in here, but I am unable to separate it from the honey. If that note works well for you, this fragrance will be very pleasing.

08 November, 2006

vadim's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

I have to admit this smells like tea. Oversweetened black tea, and coming from a pot that has been refilled at least twice. If I were to serve anything like this to my tea-junkie girlfriend, it'd be tea for one. Now if I want to smell tea I'll make a fresh pot of strong Yunnan, and if I want to EXUDE the smell of tea I'll reach for my Eau du Fier, CdG Leaves-Tea or Bvlgari. And, there's no Lapsang Souchong in this, it's not really unisex, and you never put sugar in good tea.

25 September, 2006

zztopp's avatar

Ah, Tea For Two. I like tea (aka Chai). Especially Kashmiri Chai (a south-east asian tea speciality). Kashmiri Chai is a spiced Indian black tea with crushed cardamom, cinnamon, orange peel, cloves, pepper and ginger, which I am guessing are the notes of Tea For Two too. According to L'Artisan Tea For Two is based on Lapsang souchong tea, a black tea from China. Upon initial application, the black tea note is dominant - after 15 minutes, that dominant note subsides and mixes in with the other notes (i am guessing honey, orange, etc) to smell like Kashmiri Chai. And thats it. It smells like nice tea. Thats the selling point. Its like as if I purchased a Demeter one-note wonder fragrance. I like Demeters' one noters - they are very accurate "smells"; just not good "fragrances". I wouldnt want to walk around smelling like the innards of a teapot. I also dont like solitary tea note fragrances - in my opinion, tea notes are only good if they complement other notes and form a component of a more complex fragrance. Longevity is decent for this house - but thats not saying much for this house. Tea for Two, you disappoint me.

Now let me go and have some GREEN tea instead...

26 August, 2006

Paul G's avatar

If L'artisan's head perfumer went to work for Demeter this is what they'd produce. It smells like what the title says: a cup of tea. I love tea in scents when it accents and plays off the other notes.....in this one, it smells like a cup of tea. Great quality, but not my bag at all.

16 June, 2003

j_dubyah's avatar

Although I like tea scents when the tea is light, the strong, smokey nature of this fragrance is definitely NOT to my liking. It reminds me of Annick Goutal's Chine Imperial. Just not at all what I'd want to smell like.

06 December, 2002