Reviews of Weekend for Men by Burberry

Crisp green-fruity-citrus scent with no praise or blame – well, more blame than praise, quite on the synthetic/acrid side (a floor detergent, basically – imagine you’re using it to clean the tropical juice you’ve just spilled on the floor, here’s Weekend). Quite cheap overall, especially for the first minutes which are fairly loud and pungent; once it settles a bit on skin and finds its proper tuning, it’s a mildly enjoyable and exceedingly generic green-citrus-musky scent with those annoying metallic-pungent nonsense nuances many brands try to pass as “tropical fruity notes” – although luckily it’s more green-woody and citrus than tropical. Not that acrid anymore if compared to the opening, more metallic and “gassy” after a couple of hours, but still miles away from being something pleasant to wear. Anyway, linearly green and fruity on the lime-tropical side, and that’s all. Personally I’d rate this mediocre, to be generous; but if you’re looking for a summer fragrance and your pretenses are really (really, really) low, then here you go.

18th July, 2015
This is very tart aroma : too sharp and strong lemon for me.
18th May, 2015
gimpy Show all reviews
Modern chypre

For as much bashing as this scent seems to get, I find it an extremely pleasant and modern chypre. A mix of citrus and what at times can admittedly smell like dryer sheets, over a fuzzy oakmoss base. Very simple and uplifting scent.

12th October, 2013

Eerie strange vibe

I just tried it on my wrists today and was in shock by its strange, metallic, synthetic and cloying smell on me.
Smelled it multiple times and over and over im in shock and Awe disliking it around me.

Im glad i have a 5 ml bottle

Its unique smelling thats for sure .
But somehow i find Weekend a strange fragrance its airy and unpleasantly strange and not a safe blind buy imo. maybe by its pineapple and lemon (citrus fruit) combo what makes this so freakingly strange. Normally i like strange scents but this one is one the dislike side.
Some reviewers say it smells like a laundry detergent and maybe in a way they are right.

Pros: Gladly i own a 5 ml bottle
Cons: Too synthetic for me"

24th August, 2013
YUK!! I can't stand it! It is to strong for my taste.
19th March, 2013
At first I was pretty "meh" about Weekend. I got it for $20 on a whim, and wasn't too impressed after wearing it a couple times. Floral mixed with honey, not my taste at the time.

Fast forward a couple years when I'm going through all my old scents during the summer, and I give it a shot. What was once floral-honey has transformed into freshly cut grass, with a good dose of sweet honey and a hint of citrus peel.

Suddenly this fragrance makes complete sense, and paints a beautiful portrait of a leisurely Saturday during the summer- cutting grass, drinking sweet tea, and eating fruit fresh off the tree.

I wonder how this fragrance would do with a base of Tobacco to complete this picture, however as it is Weekend is a great, low key scent for when you need a pick-me-up or want to smell good while working out on the yard.
12th February, 2013
Absolutely hideous. Grapefruit and syrup mixed with a bit of lemon, I've been trying to kill a bottle of it for like 4 years resorting to even using it as a fast air freshener after taking a #2. Hate it!
07th December, 2012
Fresh fragrance. On the top I smell powdery bright florals. There is some lemon as well. This fragrance is pretty linear, not much going on. I get perhaps 4-5 hours out of this, and it gets pretty close to the skin after the first hour or two. Nothing extraordinary but it is different from other fresh fragrances.
27th October, 2012
A clean and slightly crisp initial lemony whiff introduces the smeller in to a pleasant and a bit ordinary grassy/citric/floral concoction with a starring oakmoss/tangerine/grapefruit chord, some woods and a final touch of honeyed warmth. The dry down is a sort of flavoured honeyed oakmoss. It's an averagely sharp and airy fragrance probably a bit too grassy (oakmoss centered) for who isn't a lover of the genre. Interesting but nothing more than this.
26th October, 2012 (last edited: 27th October, 2012)
A shower of baby oil and some grapefruits.

I got it as a gift btu just couldn't take it, I threw the bottle away, it made me sick.
13th September, 2012
This is a great fragrance. I can't lie. I sometimes hate it, and I sometimes love it. Certain days, it just seems way too summery for me... but then I think: I like summer.
We've got citrus right away. A bomb of grapefruit, with a floral accord trying to break its way through. The mid notes turn into something a bit on the generic and synthetic side... but hold on there, hoss.... the honey and moss mix in the bottom notes are flipping superb. I wear this for the honey notes. I have yet to smell something with such relaxed flavor. When I first tried this, I had made a blind purchase of some samples. I went through them like mad, so I had to buy a bottle...

I'm not the hugest fan of designer colognes, preferring the more original... but this... this is a honey and moss note that I stand behind. I wore this all day today, and the honey gets better and better in the sun and heat. Good stuff.

Will I buy another bottle after my 3.4 oz is gone? Probably not. Would I graciously accept a bottle as a gift? Sure, and I would still wear it. Highly recommended? Nah. I have a few friends that make good guinea pigs for scents, and this is one I've never bothered with. I know it smells nice, and I get the whole Burberry hype... Weekend, for me, is another decent scent that has not quite graduated into something I flip over.
11th September, 2012
Oviatt Show all reviews
I should love this stuff, but I don't. The only problem is, everyone thinks that I do and they keep giving it to me! I don't mind a discounted buy from Marshall's that once came to a birthday party, but once some friends brought me back a present from Narita's duty free shop and they brought this back! While I love the OLD Burberry brand (my first trench coat came from their Haymarket store and I loved their men's scent from the 80s), I really don't like the brand exploitation that has gone on... and the fragrances that it has produced. I get the grapefruit topnotes loud and clear (too loud...) but from there on it smells like an old lady's hair spray. Aquanet at the breakfast table. Nothing that I want to smell like. I relegated a small bottle to my travel bag once just to get rid of it and discovered it on a weekend trip to a resort hotel. I gave it one last try, still didn't like it and threw the full bottle in the trash. When I came back from dinner, the maid stopped me in the hall and said that I must have thrown it away by accident but never fear, she saved it for me when she emptied the bin! I feigned gratitude and threw it away at the airport on my way home....
31st July, 2012
Lemon covered grapefruit. I pick up the oakmoss and sandalwood in the drydown, but this is all about the lemon and grapefruit fighting for attention for much of its short life.

While this is a wonderfully bright and fresh citrus fragrance, it does have some drawbacks. The opening is a little sharp, and the longevity is horrid. If you have 4711, then you don't need this one. This actually reminds me a little of Creed Original Cologne for the first 30 minutes (albiet much less refined than the Creed).

So, while Burberry Weekend is nowhere near perfect, it is a great pickup for the price, and a very enjoyable wear for the warm summer months.
28th July, 2012

reminds me of that crisp fresh air i used to breath on cool summer mornings around Kent!
06th July, 2012
Swanky Show all reviews
This smells like Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo with a ramped-up citrus accord. Very mellow and mild, but should I want to smell like this, especially for $20? It seems totally inoffensive and casual, so the name for once fits. I don't find it bad by any means, just irrelevant. Longevity is mediocre, too.
31st May, 2012 (last edited: 08th October, 2012)
Very unique smell, very fresh and clean, my favourite for summer scent. I enjoy the special floral smell, must be Ivy leaves.
08th May, 2012
Quite like it. To me it smells like lilly of the valley and somehow this scent is connected to my childhood. I checked all other comments but I seem to be the only one that gets the lilly.
13th February, 2012
Very interesting, unique, summer oriented.

Projection: 5/10
Longevity: 4/10
Versatility: 8/10
Smell: 9/10
Overall: 7/10
06th November, 2011
It's no secret that my favourite perfume of all time is Weekend for women, so I was eager to see what the male version was like with the intention of perhaps purchasing it for my significant other.

This cologne is not a floral like its female equivalent, which I consider a good thing, I like my men to smell masculine. Weekend for men is quite fruity yet pleasantly sour, that makes this scent a fantastic Summer fragrance as it is sharp and refreshing without being too overpowering.

The lasting strength is not bad, however I'm speaking from a female perspective where many of our fragrances are eau de parfum rather than eau de toilette, so the lasting power might actually be fantastic for some.

Weekend is so light and clean that it actually could be worn by a very daring woman. However, I do believe that this fragrance is very masculine. The only element of this fragrance that mirrors Weekend for women is the honey note in the drydown, which adds warmth and a little bit of sweetness.

My verdict on this fragrance; I love it yet I don't think this type of fragrance would suit my man (he's more into dark and woodsy scents). However, I will consider buying this for some of my male friends when it comes time to buy them gifts.

26th April, 2011
Very sharp, kind of old school and has sort of Egoiste Platinum vibe - that caustic detergent smell, clean and cut, too clean and too cut actually. Not a casual scent, for the office definitely. I have to admit that it is kind of elegant but also kind of brutt-ish (I'm not reffering to Brut cologne). All in all no finesse here, I'm usually not kind of person that will say ''old ppl or old lady smell'' but I'm on a verge of saying this for this one, and for me even being on a verge of doing this is enough.
30th March, 2011
Extremely girly and has poor longevity. Good for any occasion that ISN'T a weekend. Whomever said mold is right. I smell soap, flowers, and clay.
07th December, 2010 (last edited: 27th February, 2011)
Burberry Weekend for Men is a wonderful uplifting citrus fragrance that lasts a while for a fragrance of this type.

Cheap, too!
07th October, 2010 (last edited: 12th February, 2011)
revisited this one recently. it's not a bad scent at all. very lemony. i don't get the bug spray associations. chicks dig it. wait that was back then. i dunno now.
20th August, 2010
Piss poor silage, lemon zesty opening, no longevity, no thank you.
24th June, 2010
So, here is the thing I BELIEVE as a fundamental truth about fragrances: they are supposed to be subtle. Scents and pheromones all play an intricate roll in the "art" of seduction, and if you embrace this ideology, you dont want to go around like a giant hemroid projecting a fragrance, especially if you're planning on being close with someone. That said, Weekend is a very subtle, yet fresh smelling scent. I will agree with most, this MAY smell a bit generic, as it is very similar to the blue/aquatic fragrances that came about in the late 90s and on. It opens with a sweet citrus note, through the heart notes I get a fresh melon note, and a slight vanilla or honey-esque note as it goes. As mentioned before, the scent doesn't project well, and I find that it's longevity isn't the best (about 4 hours). Over all, its a very clean and fresh smelling scent. As mentioned, I find it hard to believe that it's scent strength is strong enough to offend anyone. Admittedly, this isn't a fragrance that is going to appeal to people who buy into the Burberry clothing line. It, in my opinion, was meant to appeal to a younger American demographic (I say American because I believe that the Europeans are slightly more open minded in terms of wearing "older", spicier/oriental fragrances); somewhere between 18-27.
I've worn this fragrance for a few years now, and I always get compliments on it. I find it as a fresher, less sweet, and im my opinion, better alternative to something like Acqua di Gio.
05th May, 2010
Zesty citrus burst immediately wakes up your senses. Very fresh feeling. After that, entering the dry down base notes phase is truly amusing. Really really amusing. Honey musk added with those previous zesty citrus burst makes me happy and so it did to people around me. Drawing compliments, and just like its name, Happy Weekend folks, but for me everyday is a weekend since I wear Burberry Weekend ^__^
15th April, 2010
Ladies do NOT listen to Mario Justiniani,Weekend for men is NOT FEMININE. BW4M starts out you are traveling by air,your chosen scent is lemony-Cool Waterish then while at cruising altitude you need to visit the restroom to empty a overly full bladder.Before you can flush the plane hits a massive pocket of turbulence and now you get to wear a very" TOILET"scent for a horribly long flight. Ungiftable in my opinion I hope Burberry cancels or reformulates the mens version the womens is lovely.
09th April, 2010
At first I was very hesitant with Burberry Weekend. The citrusy top notes smelled cheap and it seemed like a headache causing fragrance.

However, I am usually a big fan of the Burberry scents and gave it a chance. I am very pleased that I did! The dry down smells great, and I constantly receive compliments when I wear it, unlike any other fragrance.
11th January, 2010
I remember 2 things about this cologne. The opening notes is superb.! energizing & uplifting my spirit straightaway and then, ONE hour later, the whole thing is completely gone...
07th December, 2009
I'm one of those that like Weekend, in spite of its weakness. And because of this weakness/lightness, I'm really shocked that so many people could find it so terrible, as opposed to just generic. It's like a subtle but expensive lemon soap, very natural-smelling, that leaves a light green skin musk afterwards, with a drop of honey. It's really calming to use like an Eau de Cologne on the hottest days, and I think it would be very hard to overspray this stuff. I'd place it in the same family as the ever popular Live Jazz (i.e. unsweet citrus with herbs and greenery for the base) but it's less heavy on the herbs. Thus, Weekend might be good if you can't take the cilantro in Live Jazz. Or you might even think of it as a lemon counterpart to Eau d'Orange Verte. I've been on a recent body wash kick, and Weekend's is very refreshing...it "translated" better into the body wash than many of the others that I bought. Overall, Weekend has an old-fashioned EdC-like feel to me, but not the odd and archaic sense that some of the really old EdCs (Caswell-Massey #6) give me. It's among the more "english gentlemanly" of its type among the recent ones, but still feels contemporary.
12th September, 2009