Neutral Reviews of Le Parfum de Thérèse by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

LaNose Show all reviews
I can sum up this fragrance in two words: an enigma. I'm not sure I "get" this perfume. At once, it is many things and nothing (special); it has great complexity and subtlety, but an exceptional whole does not emerge from it's constituent parts; the elements are not transformed into something special.

I know I am tempting the wrathful fates when I say that for me, Le Parfum de Therese almost grabs me, but then I slip through her fingers. I want to love her; she's got great lineage and backstory, but after several tries, I'm at a loss in my ability to love her. At the best moments she reminds me of Guerlain's Paure, but without its depth or breadth. At other moments, I'm reminded of Chamade.

I know that this is Edmond Roudnitska's final masterpiece and, in part, that's why I want to love her but, for now, I'll have to live with the reality of just liking her; not so bad..
07th June, 2010
I adored it initially, and got tired of it. Contrary to others, I find this a little heavy for me.
But on the plus side, and it is a big plus, - it lasts and lasts, and the sillage is noticeable.
Loved having it, but wouldn't buy another bottle.
14th February, 2007