Neutral Reviews of Le Parfum de Thérèse by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Find out more about Le Parfum de Thérèse by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

LaNose's avatar

I can sum up this fragrance in two words: an enigma. I'm not sure I "get" this perfume. At once, it is many things and nothing (special); it has great complexity and subtlety, but an exceptional whole does not emerge from it's constituent parts; the elements are not transformed into something special.

I know I am tempting the wrathful fates when I say that for me, Le Parfum de Therese almost grabs me, but then I slip through her fingers. I want to love her; she's got great lineage and backstory, but after several tries, I'm at a loss in my ability to love her. At the best moments she reminds me of Guerlain's Paure, but without its depth or breadth. At other moments, I'm reminded of Chamade.

I know that this is Edmond Roudnitska's final masterpiece and, in part, that's why I want to love her but, for now, I'll have to live with the reality of just liking her; not so bad..

07 June, 2010

LadyAnne's avatar

Scotland Scotland

I adored it initially, and got tired of it. Contrary to others, I find this a little heavy for me.
    But on the plus side, and it is a big plus, - it lasts and lasts, and the sillage is noticeable.
    Loved having it, but wouldn't buy another bottle.

14 February, 2007