Positive Reviews of Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret

Very Sexy for him -

One of my all time faves!

"WHAT are you wearing??!!"

"Is your wedding ring on?!"

"Did you smell him?! You HAVE to go smell him!"

These are actual compliments I've gotten from women when wearing this fragrance. I'm not sure what it is exactly. VS for Him does smell very good in my opinion. There is a red chilli pepper note that I think combined with a smoke and sweet note makes for a very attractive scent according to the opposite sex.

I'll be honest, I don't wear this one much for the compliments anymore (although they are always welcome!) This fragrance has followed me for such a long time now and has been there through great times in my life that I wear it more for the memories it brings up. I've worn it from the beginning when Gisselle started doing the ads for it. That face coupled with this fragrance made me think 'This has to smell good to the ladies!' And it did, as I said I've gotten more compliments from it than any other fragrance I've ever owned.

But I digress... the fragrance smells of my younger years, (I was about 21, 22 when it came out) and of watching James Bond movies, and of going out with my wife (then girlfriend) and having fun. It's become a part of me and I cannot possibly do without it in my small collection. In fact, I once heard a rumor that it would be discontinued and I about panicked...such is the effect of VS for Him!
16th February, 2015
Just like others have stated, this is almost exactly like CK Eternity but I prefer this one to Eternity.
01st December, 2014
I wore this a ways back, but recently returned to it. If you want to wear cologne that ladies like, you really can't go wrong with buying a batch of the stuff they sell for men at their panty store. That's a no brainer. However, as a bit of a scent junkie, it needs to be compared with some of the other stuff out there. I put this in the same vein as Bleau De Chanel as what many might perceive as a generic type smell. It is more green than Bleau De Chanel's feathery sweet wood, but it does have a comparable synthetic, generic feel. I would offer, however, that a scent shouldn't completely steal the show, but accentuate an entire look and feel of a person. Clothes, cleanliness, grooming, all have their part to play. This scent plays excellent accompaniment in an ensemble.
25th July, 2014

This is a fantastic cologne in my opinion but my women respondents didn't think so.

I do survey's to try and find what women think of men's cologne and this is one of the ones I did. This had the lowest out of all of them at only 20% wanted their significant other to wear it.

My personal experience was different. Last night I was wearing this and I had to physically push away the woman I was hanging off me because she loved the scent so much.

Women find it as a "sweet" scent so it's not as manly but it does smell great. The smell does not last very long so that would be the only downfall of it so you have to reapply a spray or two every 4 hours.

Wear this cologne if your are;
Looking for a neutral smell that is appropriate in any environment
New to wearing cologne
Hanging out with a woman that is more of a "girly" girl

Do not wear this cologne if you;
Work long hours in the hot sun
Are hanging out with a woman that likes "manly" men
Going to be physically active all day
16th January, 2014
This fragrance smells like a combination of CK Eternity, Davidoff Cool Water, Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce, and Chanel Egoiste Platinum.
Don't get me wrong though
It smells really, really good
I have a buddy who wears Fierce and VS Very Sexy For Him
And they both smell awesome on him
i'm Randal and I approve this review!
Overall rating for Very Sexy For Him: 8/10
(For now, though. Need to test it out more.)

07th December, 2013
My #1 alltime

I have been wearing this scent for over 10years when an ex of mine introduced it to me and haven't looked back. Now I wear different colognes such as classics like acqua di gio and channel allure homme and a few others here and there but never gotten the reaction that I have with Very Sexy. Some people complain about the longevity but I don't seem to have that problem maybe because I don't wear it so everyone can smell me but only in close in counters. Its a cuddle scent because its a fresh and not overpowering smell. I RECOMMEND to any one to try it and see the reaction you get from a simple hug or a whiff from a walk by.

13th July, 2013
Incredible appeal. Crowd pleaser.

Without a doubt, this cologne has been the most complimented, most requested, most effective cologne I've ever had. I wear colognes to appeal to women, to suit preferences of girlfriends, or even just for myself. As far as the scent itself, I just don't get the appeal whatsoever. But I've been in the midst of sex when I suddenly panic because I thought the woman was giving me a hickey. I started to pull away when I realized it was just that she buried her face so deeply and was just intensely taking a whiff of the cologne (and that's happened with more than 1 woman). In addition to those times, it's been common for girlfriends to take a quick, small whiff in public.

To give some reference about my experience, I've been around 50 different colognes over the past 20 years. From the cheapos (like Preferred Stock) to the old classics (Polo, Drakkar, Cool Water.), to the standard crowd pleasers like Acqua Di Gio, YSL L'Homme, L'eau D'issey, to the expensive Green Irish Tweed, and my most recent purchase Mugler's Pure Malt. Very Sexy has beaten them all.

Pros: Women absolutely love this cologne.
Cons: I just don't get it (but it works)

02nd June, 2013
Erok32 Show all reviews
The scent is amazing but the longevity is dismal. If this were offered in an EDT it would surely be my signature scent. I now only wear it at night in doors. A thumbs up because of the scent and the price.
27th August, 2012
Good scent for everyday/night use but terrible longevity. My wife LOVES it though so I keep it around. I carry a mini spray bottle with me because it requires several applications throughout the day.
19th July, 2012
cool scent similar to other citrus colognes. Only problem is the longevity. It is inexpensive, but needs reapplied several times a day. in hot weather, forget it.
10th June, 2012
- Smells very similar to CK Eternity in the top and hints of Cool Water in the drydown
- Non-offensive everyday frangrance
- Can be someones signature fragrance to wear all year round but best in the summer

I wear it in the morning before work and if I'm going out in the evening I will lightly spray some more on.

This fragrance is difficult to find in the UK but that's what makes it a bit more unique. I highly recommend trying this one out. In the beginning it might smell generic but the drydown is superb. This is definitely in my top 3 fragrances of all time.

P.S. just as the other reviewers have said the ladies really love this.
28th April, 2011
I'll echo the consensus of the rest of the reviewers, it's a fabulous scent that draws (lots of) compliments, but I'm pretty sure it's a Eau de Cologne (as opposed to an Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum), so don't expect much when it comes to longevity and silliage.

One scenario that this is great for is going out after work. I think this one walks the fine line of a safe and non-offensive work fragrance, and a sexy and fun going out fragrance.

Lots of times I find myself after a work day, rushing home, getting changed with no time for a shower before a night out. When those days occur, this is my go-to fragrance. I can have a nice scent for the day at work, and with a light reapplication, I'm ready for the night out.

All and all, I'm a huge (HUGE) fan of this one!
20th April, 2011
Love the scent! Received it as a gift from my wife and was skeptical at first. I've grown quite fond of it however, and it is her favorite scent. My one regret is that it does not last long.
07th December, 2010

A very clean and good smelling scent, I just wish it would last longer and the sillage was better.
18th July, 2010
Same as the reviews below, this stuff is surprisingly good, and girls genuinely do love it. I really recommend it.
13th April, 2010
All in all this is a good fragrence, its slightly fruity and slightly spicy. The only complaint I have about this fragrence is the longevity. Doesnt last that long. 3 maybe 4 hours. Girls really like this fragrence though.
12th March, 2010
I bought the small bottle, i wish i would have bought the large bottle now. I will be using this often, very masculine and clean, by no means overpowering. crisp and smooth at the same time, seems good for all seasons. a lot of colognes give me a headache but this one does not seem to be in that category.

I would recommend this to a friend. just not all of

reapplying may be necessary if you want it to last all day, but to me that's ok i would rather do that instead of offending everyone around me all day long.

not only good for all seasons but for any time of day.
28th January, 2010
This is a good cologne to impress women. It is very similar to Eternity by Calvin Klein at first when you spray it but when it dries down it changes into something totally different, GOOD different, much better than Eternity. I definitely recommend to everyone.
19th January, 2010
I own colognes from Cartier to Hermes to Chanel. But for some reason that I cannot figure out, more girls tell me I smell good when I'm wearing this than when I'm wearing any other scent. I personally enjoy other fragrances much more, but the bottom line is this: females love this scent. Period.
24th September, 2009
great scent and a chick magnet

high quality citrus with a great sensual spicy base that really makes u smell good and turns heads and i havent met any women who dont like it
25th August, 2009
Maybe it's in my head, maybe not? But I feel sexy with it on, actually. Maybe it's because it's Victorias secret? I dunno. Very good smell, often complimented.

Do I think it smells good? 5/5
Compliments from the ladies? 5/5
Overall 5/5
24th July, 2009
I'll echo some of the general thoughts on this one. It has a romantic and sexy appeal to it. It is somewhat complex, yet it isn't too strong. In this case, that is good and bad. It's not going to last too long but at least it won't offend anyone. Most colognes of this type tend to... Kind of reminds me of a warmer, less minty Polo sport.
05th June, 2009
Very Sexy for Him was one of my first "mall" fragrances in high school. It's basically a clean, very unique citrusy musk with a calone/chemical note that makes it similar to Aqua Quorum by Antonio Puig and other scents of the like. It has an instantly recognizable smell, and while many may find the chemical and synthetic parts of this off-putting, I always found it pleasurable. This scent brings back good memories for me. Average sillage and longevity. Girls like it a lot on me.
05th March, 2009 (last edited: 28th December, 2010)
vawallpa Show all reviews
This is a nice romantic fragrance for someone who is new to the fragrance scene. It has no real depth, lasting power, or sillage, but it is quite sexy, you'll just have to re-apply it a few times throughout the night to get the desired effect.
04th February, 2009
i rated it a 3 because its staying power is very low, and the scent is never powerful. scent alone? 3-1/2. i hear the ladies love it, but i dont wear it enough to know. ill use this bottle, and barring any compliments from stunningly beautiful women, i wont buy another.
01st February, 2009
It's a nice scent that receives many compliments however the staying power is incredibly low.
01st February, 2009
I fully agree with fusion here!

It smells great and can be bought cheaply on ebay!

Last night my friend asked me the name of this scent because he wanted to get it himself as well!

7/10 in general and 9/10 when going out!

Perfect fragrance when going to a club and for people between the age of 16 - 30!
30th May, 2008
Mookie Show all reviews
the dominate note on my skin seems to be the tangerine one. from the beginning it's evident and the background changes only slightly in the first few minutes. it's pleasant and i could see it working for anyone.

nothing i love to smell but the girls seem to enjoy it.
14th May, 2008
fusion Show all reviews
I really didn't want to give this a chance then 1 day i saw it and gave it a try I'm glad that i did this stuff is great smells very very good a thumbs up the only negative longevity is poor not horrible but wish it was better
26th June, 2007
A good clone of Platinum Egoiste PE, but less pricy.

Overall, the top notes simpler and slightly more peppery then PE but then the drydown is the same to PE. Not sure how come PE is not such a lady attractant as VS. Almost as if VS accomplishes the same scents w/ fewer notes.

I have and love PE, and T from Tommy, and think VS is great. VS has _much better staying power than T. T is much more peppery.

Somehow, T and VS are more simple and much more popular w/ the ladies. I get compliments from T but not from PE. Go figure, I think girls like something simple, crisp, fresh. Cheaper?

VS1 will do well with the ladies, and you may also like it as well.
15th May, 2007