Positive Reviews of Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret

Find out more about Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

toddsmith7378's avatar

I wore this a ways back, but recently returned to it. If you want to wear cologne that ladies like, you really can't go wrong with buying a batch of the stuff they sell for men at their panty store. That's a no brainer. However, as a bit of a scent junkie, it needs to be compared with some of the other stuff out there. I put this in the same vein as Bleau De Chanel as what many might perceive as a generic type smell. It is more green than Bleau De Chanel's feathery sweet wood, but it does have a comparable synthetic, generic feel. I would offer, however, that a scent shouldn't completely steal the show, but accentuate an entire look and feel of a person. Clothes, cleanliness, grooming, all have their part to play. This scent plays excellent accompaniment in an ensemble.

25 July, 2014

bestmenscolognehq's avatar

This is a fantastic cologne in my opinion but my women respondents didn't think so.

I do survey's to try and find what women think of men's cologne and this is one of the ones I did. This had the lowest out of all of them at only 20% wanted their significant other to wear it.

My personal experience was different. Last night I was wearing this and I had to physically push away the woman I was hanging off me because she loved the scent so much.

Women find it as a "sweet" scent so it's not as manly but it does smell great. The smell does not last very long so that would be the only downfall of it so you have to reapply a spray or two every 4 hours.

Wear this cologne if your are;
    Looking for a neutral smell that is appropriate in any environment
    New to wearing cologne
    Hanging out with a woman that is more of a "girly" girl

Do not wear this cologne if you;
    Work long hours in the hot sun
    Are hanging out with a woman that likes "manly" men
    Going to be physically active all day

16 January, 2014

fraghead1020's avatar

This fragrance smells like a combination of CK Eternity, Davidoff Cool Water, Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce, and Chanel Egoiste Platinum.
    Don't get me wrong though
    It smells really, really good
    I have a buddy who wears Fierce and VS Very Sexy For Him
    And they both smell awesome on him
    i'm Randal and I approve this review!
    Overall rating for Very Sexy For Him: 8/10
    (For now, though. Need to test it out more.)

07 December, 2013

Mr215's avatar

My #1 alltime

I have been wearing this scent for over 10years when an ex of mine introduced it to me and haven't looked back. Now I wear different colognes such as classics like acqua di gio and channel allure homme and a few others here and there but never gotten the reaction that I have with Very Sexy. Some people complain about the longevity but I don't seem to have that problem maybe because I don't wear it so everyone can smell me but only in close in counters. Its a cuddle scent because its a fresh and not overpowering smell. I RECOMMEND to any one to try it and see the reaction you get from a simple hug or a whiff from a walk by.

13 July, 2013

UnclePecos's avatar

Incredible appeal. Crowd pleaser.

Without a doubt, this cologne has been the most complimented, most requested, most effective cologne I've ever had. I wear colognes to appeal to women, to suit preferences of girlfriends, or even just for myself. As far as the scent itself, I just don't get the appeal whatsoever. But I've been in the midst of sex when I suddenly panic because I thought the woman was giving me a hickey. I started to pull away when I realized it was just that she buried her face so deeply and was just intensely taking a whiff of the cologne (and that's happened with more than 1 woman). In addition to those times, it's been common for girlfriends to take a quick, small whiff in public.

To give some reference about my experience, I've been around 50 different colognes over the past 20 years. From the cheapos (like Preferred Stock) to the old classics (Polo, Drakkar, Cool Water.), to the standard crowd pleasers like Acqua Di Gio, YSL L'Homme, L'eau D'issey, to the expensive Green Irish Tweed, and my most recent purchase Mugler's Pure Malt. Very Sexy has beaten them all.

Pros: Women absolutely love this cologne.
    Cons: I just don't get it (but it works)

02 June, 2013

Erok32's avatar

The scent is amazing but the longevity is dismal. If this were offered in an EDT it would surely be my signature scent. I now only wear it at night in doors. A thumbs up because of the scent and the price.

27 August, 2012

TXAggie's avatar

Good scent for everyday/night use but terrible longevity. My wife LOVES it though so I keep it around. I carry a mini spray bottle with me because it requires several applications throughout the day.

19 July, 2012

Possum-Pie's avatar

cool scent similar to other citrus colognes. Only problem is the longevity. It is inexpensive, but needs reapplied several times a day. in hot weather, forget it.

10th June, 2012

milhouse's avatar

- Smells very similar to CK Eternity in the top and hints of Cool Water in the drydown
    - Non-offensive everyday frangrance
    - Can be someones signature fragrance to wear all year round but best in the summer

I wear it in the morning before work and if I'm going out in the evening I will lightly spray some more on.

This fragrance is difficult to find in the UK but that's what makes it a bit more unique. I highly recommend trying this one out. In the beginning it might smell generic but the drydown is superb. This is definitely in my top 3 fragrances of all time.

P.S. just as the other reviewers have said the ladies really love this.

28 April, 2011

fragrance-fetish's avatar

I'll echo the consensus of the rest of the reviewers, it's a fabulous scent that draws (lots of) compliments, but I'm pretty sure it's a Eau de Cologne (as opposed to an Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum), so don't expect much when it comes to longevity and silliage.

One scenario that this is great for is going out after work. I think this one walks the fine line of a safe and non-offensive work fragrance, and a sexy and fun going out fragrance.

Lots of times I find myself after a work day, rushing home, getting changed with no time for a shower before a night out. When those days occur, this is my go-to fragrance. I can have a nice scent for the day at work, and with a light reapplication, I'm ready for the night out.

All and all, I'm a huge (HUGE) fan of this one!

20th April, 2011

Achilles_'s avatar

Love the scent! Received it as a gift from my wife and was skeptical at first. I've grown quite fond of it however, and it is her favorite scent. My one regret is that it does not last long.

07 December, 2010

09DannyH's avatar

A very clean and good smelling scent, I just wish it would last longer and the sillage was better.

18 July, 2010

Soul_Music's avatar

Same as the reviews below, this stuff is surprisingly good, and girls genuinely do love it. I really recommend it.

13 April, 2010

Greenage3348's avatar

All in all this is a good fragrence, its slightly fruity and slightly spicy. The only complaint I have about this fragrence is the longevity. Doesnt last that long. 3 maybe 4 hours. Girls really like this fragrence though.

12 March, 2010

poppacooter's avatar

I bought the small bottle, i wish i would have bought the large bottle now. I will be using this often, very masculine and clean, by no means overpowering. crisp and smooth at the same time, seems good for all seasons. a lot of colognes give me a headache but this one does not seem to be in that category.

I would recommend this to a friend. just not all of them.lol

reapplying may be necessary if you want it to last all day, but to me that's ok i would rather do that instead of offending everyone around me all day long.

not only good for all seasons but for any time of day.

28 January, 2010

alekseyaronov's avatar

This is a good cologne to impress women. It is very similar to Eternity by Calvin Klein at first when you spray it but when it dries down it changes into something totally different, GOOD different, much better than Eternity. I definitely recommend to everyone.

19 January, 2010

amatuer_nose's avatar

I own colognes from Cartier to Hermes to Chanel. But for some reason that I cannot figure out, more girls tell me I smell good when I'm wearing this than when I'm wearing any other scent. I personally enjoy other fragrances much more, but the bottom line is this: females love this scent. Period.

24 September, 2009

chamelion's avatar

great scent and a chick magnet

high quality citrus with a great sensual spicy base that really makes u smell good and turns heads and i havent met any women who dont like it

25 August, 2009

d_duffy7's avatar

Maybe it's in my head, maybe not? But I feel sexy with it on, actually. Maybe it's because it's Victorias secret? I dunno. Very good smell, often complimented.

Do I think it smells good? 5/5
    Compliments from the ladies? 5/5
    Overall 5/5

24 July, 2009

Cougartown's avatar

I'll echo some of the general thoughts on this one. It has a romantic and sexy appeal to it. It is somewhat complex, yet it isn't too strong. In this case, that is good and bad. It's not going to last too long but at least it won't offend anyone. Most colognes of this type tend to... Kind of reminds me of a warmer, less minty Polo sport.

05 June, 2009

Grottola's avatar

Very Sexy for Him was one of my first "mall" fragrances in high school. It's basically a clean, very unique citrusy musk with a calone/chemical note that makes it similar to Aqua Quorum by Antonio Puig and other scents of the like. It has an instantly recognizable smell, and while many may find the chemical and synthetic parts of this off-putting, I always found it pleasurable. This scent brings back good memories for me. Average sillage and longevity. Girls like it a lot on me.

05 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 28 December, 2010)

vawallpa's avatar

This is a nice romantic fragrance for someone who is new to the fragrance scene. It has no real depth, lasting power, or sillage, but it is quite sexy, you'll just have to re-apply it a few times throughout the night to get the desired effect.

04 February, 2009

Nihilist's avatar

i rated it a 3 because its staying power is very low, and the scent is never powerful. scent alone? 3-1/2. i hear the ladies love it, but i dont wear it enough to know. ill use this bottle, and barring any compliments from stunningly beautiful women, i wont buy another.

01st February, 2009

Ants's avatar

It's a nice scent that receives many compliments however the staying power is incredibly low.

01st February, 2009

DutchSmell's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

I fully agree with fusion here!

It smells great and can be bought cheaply on ebay!

Last night my friend asked me the name of this scent because he wanted to get it himself as well!

7/10 in general and 9/10 when going out!

Perfect fragrance when going to a club and for people between the age of 16 - 30!

30th May, 2008

Mookie's avatar

the dominate note on my skin seems to be the tangerine one. from the beginning it's evident and the background changes only slightly in the first few minutes. it's pleasant and i could see it working for anyone.

nothing i love to smell but the girls seem to enjoy it.

14 May, 2008

fusion's avatar

I really didn't want to give this a chance then 1 day i saw it and gave it a try I'm glad that i did this stuff is great smells very very good a thumbs up the only negative longevity is poor not horrible but wish it was better

26 June, 2007

G23riel's avatar

Romania Romania

A good clone of Platinum Egoiste PE, but less pricy.

Overall, the top notes simpler and slightly more peppery then PE but then the drydown is the same to PE. Not sure how come PE is not such a lady attractant as VS. Almost as if VS accomplishes the same scents w/ fewer notes.

I have and love PE, and T from Tommy, and think VS is great. VS has _much better staying power than T. T is much more peppery.

Somehow, T and VS are more simple and much more popular w/ the ladies. I get compliments from T but not from PE. Go figure, I think girls like something simple, crisp, fresh. Cheaper?

VS1 will do well with the ladies, and you may also like it as well.

15 May, 2007

luky's avatar

Belgium Belgium

What can I say?

I bought this cologne after reading some reviews. I was wondering how it smelled because almost everybody rights good reviews about it.

The thing is that VS for Him is not available in Europe, so I had to buy it online without even having smelled it before. The first impression I got when I first smelled it was “oh, it smells good, but similar to some other cologne (maybe egoiste platinum, maybe calvin klein)”.

At first it wasn’t one of my favourites, but one night I put it on to go to a party. That night I got some compliments from some girls friends of mine. Since then, every time I put it on I get compliments from girls. I couldn’t believe it when I started using it, but every time I put it on some girl tells me how good I smell. There must be some component in it that is attractant to women, definitely.

Do you know the best of all? I live in Spain and VS Him isn’t available here, so when I wear it at night I’m sure I’ll be the only one wearing this cologne.

I have about 30 bottles of cologne, and VS Him is for sure one of my three favourites. If you are looking for a cologne to attract women this is probably the best one you will find.

27 March, 2007

generalmannager's avatar

Norway Norway

I first smelled this fragance at a friends house and i just find it interesting because i didnt expect such a smell for a men from a lingerine store. I guess that Victorias Secret made some kind of test to know what a girl expects to smell from us. Its not the most extraodinary thing but it works for me.

25 February, 2007