Negative Reviews of Himalaya by Creed

Find out more about Himalaya by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Happyguy's avatar

Pretty pricey for nothing special

Started with a crisp blast of lemony citrus that stayed a while before disappearing into a cool, crisp scent. Smelled like a real lemon, unlike other lemony scents that come across as too redolent of hospital disinfectant.

Unfortunately, the lemon left too soon and was replaced by...nothing. A pale, crisp fragrance that lingered without intruding or making itself known. This was the girl at the party who might have been interesting but stayed in the corner hugging her wine glass and keeping to herself. And then she's gone after barely making her presence felt.

Pros: Inoffensive office scent
    Cons: Not distinctive"

21st August, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar

Ok, this is tough to rate. The fragrance smell is wonderful. A clean soapy smell that is nearly perfect. A 5 stars. The projection is fair. It sits very close to the skin, which is ok if you understand you will be the only one smelling it. The longevity is HORRIBLE. I just don't understand how the Creed Cheerleaders say they get 8hrs. from this. I put 5 spritzes on, and after 2 hrs couldn't smell it. My wife couldn't either, and I asked random people to take a close deep sniff...nothing. For the money and hype of Creed this is unacceptable. I kept samples b/c I love to put it on and smell it for an hour or maybe 2.

02 May, 2013

's avatar

Sincerly it's smells almost like XS. It's a great smell but not worth it's price. I did expect more from a Creed and this one disappoints me. Not worth it.

29 October, 2012

Francolino's avatar

floral woody cyphre with feeble sillage and poor longevity

30th August, 2012 (Last Edited: 17 January, 2014)

jtd's avatar

I don’t know the Creed line very well, but just tried Original Vetiver and Himalaya. The former is a clone, the latter not so much a clone as simply derivative. Himalaya smells like 75% Salvador Dali’s Laguna mixed with 25% Cool Water. It settles down to a metallic musk without distinction. Laguna and Cool Water both have far more coherent drydowns.

Thank goodness I tried Irisia from Creed at the same sitting. Otherwise I’d have written this house off with 2 strikes.

Also, these names. I loved Irisia, but there’s not a trace of iris to be found. Original Vetiver without a bit of vetiver in the composition. Himalaya? Iconic mountain range full of bucket-list implications for the western bourgeois dilettante? Cliche watery-fruity fragrance? What’s the association? This is less le Labo misdirection than bad lifestyle marketing in the vein of RL Safari.

11th August, 2011 (Last Edited: 25 August, 2011)

The Masked Armpit's avatar

Pepper and soap for hours and hours...thats it....YAWN.

17 July, 2010

Karate Jebus's avatar

Soap, soap, and more soap. To me, it smells like your run-of-the-mill bar soap from first smell to dry down.

24 March, 2010

photofinish's avatar

An invigorating opening of frosty, mountain breezes quickly descends from its summit into a totally forgettable musky, macho cliche.

10th December, 2009 (Last Edited: 12 March, 2010)

Plato's Caveman's avatar

South Africa South Africa

It opens as a slightly offensive hairspray and then settles into a fresher, less offensive hairspray. Oh, and after he had borrowed his wife’s spray can our spiky-haired gent also pinched some of his son’s Paco Rebanne XS. He walks tall, tall as a mountain, he is the Himalaya Man.

21st June, 2009

chrised's avatar

Ouch! A strange hissy, metallic element lies beneath this generic masculine. The perfume equivelant of chewing tin foil. Interesting packaging, but that's about the only positive to glean from the consistently dissapointing house of Creed.

17 April, 2009

adonis's avatar

I love GIT, I really like Erolfa, I kind of like SMW, and I couldn't wait to scrub Himalaya off of me when I tested it. Far too feminine for me. However, if you're a mature woman reading this review you might really like it. Flowery doesn't do the description justice.

15 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 18 April, 2009)

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

There is absolutely nothing special or exciting about it, and those big bucks don’t smell here even for starters. On the contrary; this does smell very cheap to me, in a way.

Soapy fresh woody fougere with nostril stingingly sharp peppery tone. (It just doesn’t make sense at all why Michael Edwards says this is an Oriental fragrance – it’s really confusing since I usually appreciate the mans opinions)

Himalaya has a disturbing cold metallic edge to it; to me it makes the whole composition to smell very restless and unbalanced.

The only thing I like about this fragrance is that silvery presentation.

15 February, 2009

scentaddiction's avatar

Sharp synthetic smell that stings your nose out of the bottle. It doesn't evolve at all, and leaves you wondering if you should spray it on your skin or use it to clean your bathroom mirror. Windex + pepper does not make a great scent.

26 January, 2009

sjohnjay's avatar

This, to me, smells like 2 things: 1) lots of other very generic (modern/spicy) colognes available for men , or 2) an upper-middle class, 55 y/o woman at a semi-formal dinner party. It's just not for me.

19 December, 2008

Kaern's avatar

It must be me -- I don't like this at all. Himalaya smells like umpteen other fresh men's fragrances that are on the market -- with that overtly masculine kick. I can't believe that GIT is more boring than this as someone has noted -- that would be some feat.

18 November, 2008

everso's avatar

a poor imitation of Paco Rabanne XS. Avoid, as you should all Creeds.

20th October, 2008

Havok's avatar

This scent doesn't last long and it doesn't smell great. I gave it many chances but each time I was equally disappointed, so I swapped it for something else.

24 September, 2008

ScentSurge's avatar

Got a sample from a lady at Neiman Marcus and was really excited from all the reviews I've read. At first sniff it was Uhh... Cotton candy? Eww this does not smell manly at all and my sis agrees. I was gonna order this online from all the good reviews I've read, but thank God I tried it before ordering O.O'' Uhh this one's not for me.

22 April, 2008

Creed101's avatar

The smell reminds me of another standard cologne I tried some years ago. The hype and marketing greatly outweighs the value of the actual scent. I bought a vial and glad I didn't buy a whole bottle..this cologne gives me a headache..GIT, Tabarone or Chèvrefeuille are 3 great frags with excellent drydowns..I recommend GIT as #1!

23 December, 2007

Fiorello's avatar

I really appreciate fragrances that "sparkle"--an effervescent like accord of citrus and a heart note--but this one didn't sparkle for me. I find Imperial, Chevrefeuille Original, Bois de Cedrat, Erolfa and Verveine Narcisse to be much more soulful.

02 May, 2007

abimanyu's avatar

Indonesia Indonesia

Very nice scent, fresh and classy but gone in 60 seconds! This is worst than Armani Code that I had a while ago! If I can get Himalaya for $80 for the 4oz bottle I'd give it a thumbs up, but for full retail of $150? I don't think so.

18 February, 2006

MFfan310's avatar

Too generic-smelling to me-sort of like a generic blue deodorant soap. Creed's other smellies are a lot better. Too bad, because I really wanted to like this one.

04 August, 2005

Neil's avatar

Himalaya was a huge disappointment to me. While initially pleasant (although not particularly exciting)it very quickly disappeared. This had no lasting power whatsoever and was completely gone in less than an hour.

09 May, 2004