Positive Reviews of Himalaya by Creed

Great stuff. It reminds me of a slightly subdued and soapy version of Silver Mountain Water (which I love).
14th October, 2017
White wax lemon snow
Scattered round an old wood shrine
By sharp icy winds.
21st September, 2017
Impressive smell, bright, fresh, zesty, pure...

I am impressed by the smell of this one. I've now tried a few Creed fragrances and think that Himalaya can compete with the famous ones. I get an opening of juniper berry and bergamot (with citrus: presumably grapefruit and lemon). The sandalwood, ambergris and cedar wood make a great base. It seems simple, yet it delivers a really good punch and is interesting. I don't have a point of reference to compare it to designer fragrances, but I will say that I am yet to be disappointed by a Creed fragrance. I also get the inspiration for this fragrance as the mountains of the Himalayas. This smells like how you would imagine iron rich mineral water from a mountain stream to smell like. Ultimately, I do think it's a good fragrance, and again, as with all Creed fragrances, it's up to you to decide whether to invest and purchase or not.
12th August, 2017

Zowiee Show all reviews
Almost love it, but seems to veer close to GIT, which I do love, so no need to invest in both. Try each before buying, as you may decide the mountains are better than the tweed. Himalaya is truly a wonderful scent, though. I simply prefer Green Irish Tweed.
07th May, 2017
Holiday scents #1 - Creed Himalaya

Goes on very faint at first, with little to report in the way of any notes at all. (To be fair, I have noticed something similar in scents of a comparable character and note profile in the hot conditions under which I am testing this "holiday" series.) However, after a short time, the scent reappears and its true characteristics emerge.

Himalaya is of a Terre d'Hermes type for the first several hours, all citrus and musk with a slightly sour edge. This, though, has more of an aquatic feel about it, and the best appreciation I can express is that it is an "aquatic musk" type, with some added citrus, possibly verbena and a touch of vetiver. Later on, well into the drydown, the whole ensemble becomes smoother and more civilised, with everything approaching a rough edge wearing off.

Given the non-existent opening, I applied the entirety of a 1ml sample at a single go, and this seemed not to be over the top. Himalaya simply doesn't seem to be something you can over-apply too easily.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting to like this given my scepticism towards the Creed range, but this is really rather pleasant, and given the universal acclaim from the Funwithfrags family, this has thereby earned a thumbs up. Really, it's not that different in an olfactory sense from a hundred things at all points of the market, but the quality is evident and given the chance, comes to the fore. I'm not sure I will ever be flush enough to work down a wish-list to the point where I will buy this, but a good effort nonetheless.
07th August, 2016 (last edited: 09th August, 2016)
I tried Himalaya for the first time today. It was a different experience that I expected. The opening was not as enjoyable as I was anticipating. It seemed more sweet, where I was expecting a citrus/grapefuit opening. There was almost an Amouage vibe to it, and I'm not very fond of the Amouage line so far. But...then...things got better. Himalaya becomes a wonderful fragrance in the dry down. Such a pleasant experience that it completely turned things around for me. I will wear it several more times before I commit to buying a bottle, but it's certainly caught my attention.
30th March, 2016
Lot number A3913X01 is a pretty solid batch. The citrus top notes blend well with the bergamot. You can barely tell it's bergamot, but its faint and ties everything in well. If a fragrance has Sandalwood, it's in my wardrobe. If a fragrance has sandalwood and cedar, it will be on my skin a LOT. I love how these two notes work together.

Side note - I sprayed this not too long ago, and my cat is hanging out in the area I sprayed it with his nose in the air smelling it. He loves it, so I love it

This is a great night scent. I will be mixing this with Bois Du Portugal often. The bergamot really ties everything together very well
02nd February, 2016
Amazing. Really takes you to a heavily-forested, ice-capped mountain. I vastly prefer it to the (in my opinion) over-hyped Aventus. Very possibly my favorite Creed scent.
23rd January, 2016
Himalaya is a excellent fragrance that I find difficult to review. IMO, it falls too closely between Silver Mountain Water and Green Irish Tweed, but being closer to SMW. Himalaya is distinctive and more bracing than SMW, but I already own SMW, and don't feel the need to have both in my collection. It carries the Creed trademark quality and dry down, and it's very pleasant and easy to wear. I'd have to wear both SMW and Himalaya side by side to distinguish them, then they would both likely remind me slightly of GIT. All great fragrances so I'd easily give it a Thumbs Up.
09th October, 2015 (last edited: 04th November, 2015)
I tried Himalaya today again after couple of weeks...as today was some function at home for which I had to wear GIT...and in the night I wanted to test out Himalaya again so out came the decant and the first thing I noticed was how similar its to GIT...the basic DNA...of citrus / green / smoke / is the same...GIT being little more on the sharp side of green than Himalaya so the moot point is that it's the same common thread ...having said that I still enjoy it and as some reviewers have mentioned its a safe office work wear...not as stand-out Fragrance as aventus or GIT but still oozing of class and sofistication ...the only down side is that you can own GIT or any of the other millesimes like MI or SMW ...then u don't really need this as that same DNA is present in all and if you have already ticked a $250+ in that category do u really need another one of the same type in that...? That's the basic Q one needs to ask oneself and then decide accordingly....but I will not mark it down for it ...just that in that cateogry I need to own just one...so that the funds can be used for other worthy fragrances out there...
I will recommend it however as its one of the many creed classics which one can enjoy thoroughly !
I don't need to describe the notes as many reviewers have done that already and better than me to boot ! What I can share is my view point on the fragrance which might be of some help in any potential buyers evaluation of the various options from the house of creed !
29th August, 2015
Salutation.

If you Like to be different CREED Fragrances are For You.HIMALAYA?A Modern Classic that is Seemly for Any Season and Any Occasion.It is both Youthful and Mature Simultaneously. Bright,Fresh,Woody,Intelligent,Elegant, Clean,Charming and Masculine.

HIMALAYA is a fresh woods cologne with a Masculine Drydown. At first glance The Citrus burst is Strong like Often Fresh Scents but when the top notes go away you are Surrounded by a Wonderful smell and it makes a Statement saying I am a Reflection of one Lifestyle and Attitude.

Definitely One of those Masculine Colognes that Most men would fall in Love with it.Lovely For Ladies too.It reminds me of a garden after the Rain. A Beautiful Present.Anyway I think you can not Go wrong with CREED fragrances.

Sillage?Lovable.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.5/10
09th June, 2015
Flying relatively under the radar in the house of Creed, Himalaya retains the line's ambiguous "fresh" DNA with having more depth. Like Aventus, Himalaya walks the line between citrus and wood, and in that respect is both fresh and grounded in something earthy/spicy at the same time, and is versatile. The comparisons to Aventus should probably end here, though, as Aventus is far fresher / more centered around pineapple, and Himalaya is more a balance of several citruses and woods (cedar, sandal).

It opens mainly with these citruses (grapefruit, bergamot, lemon) and devolves into its woodier notes within an hour and holds these notes more at the forefront for its lifespan, still retaining the citrus as part of the mix.

I think the name is mistakenly cold weather-centric, as I find Himalaya to have all-season and day/night wearability. Projection and longevity are very good, but not great, and as such are consistent with Creed's other offerings, like Aventus.

8 out of 10

23rd April, 2015
I'm not sure why, this gets such bad reviews ? I could where this all the time . It is not a fascinating fragrance, but the ambergris is what always stands out to me, and makes this smell really nice . Spray some on your clothes, and the longevity, will be great . It lasts all day on me . One of the only two that I like, from Creed .
02nd January, 2015

I don't know if something can "smell" cold, but Himalaya really does live up to it's namesake.

When I tried it my immediate reaction was "this smells cold" which I found was a really odd thought to have, but it does.

Think of how it must smell when you are standing the the summit of everest and you will be close.

Extremely fresh and bracing, and, actually, very nice...
17th October, 2014
An enigmatic wonder of scented bliss. Yes, this begins with something odd, but very spring-ish! I feel clean wearing this fragrance. Then the drydown comes into play and I have an occasional blast of woods out of nowhere, yet not a dirty forest, but a Coors Beer commercial vibe! Mountains, and clean water cascading over mineraly rocks. This is an excellent blend. My spring scents are this, GIT, Tere D'Hermes, and Black Touch for spring evenings.
05th April, 2014
Cold, yet warm; sour, yet sweet. Himalaya is a conundrum and it's not surprising that it divides so many people.

The opening is a cold, citrus blast of alcohol. Unlike some, this doesn't grab me. It actually reminds me of that chemical odour of women's hairspray.

For me, though, Himalaya is all about the dry down. It stays somewhat austere on me for a good few hours as a cold, metallic note persists but then it develops into a lovely, warm sandalwood base, touched by a most agreeable incense note. I don't like incense but in this fragrance it really works for me.

I don't understand why so many reviewers have called Himalaya generic. I would agree that it doesn't belong to the familiar Creed family of fragrances, but I regard it as anything but generic. I also get the impression that this is a fragrance that projects more favourably than the wearer may realise. I know that sounds odd but those notes that rise from close quarters through the wearer's nasal passages, particularly for the first two or three hours, are definitely less revealing and balanced than they are for a receiving nose a couple of feet away.

I've had my bottle for about a year now and I wore Himalaya on a cold day recently after a fairly long break and I have to say it was a joy - more so than past outings. It has grown on me with time and I swear it has improved with age, like my bottle of Aventus. Or that could just be me, warming to it.

I also have a different experience with longevity to many reviewers. On that day, it was an absolute beast. I applied three sprays to the neck in the morning and my wife and I could still smell it after 13 hours, although it was naturally wearing closer to the skin by then. I did apply some unscented moisturiser to my neck first, so that may well have assisted.

If you want a fragrance that is inoffensive and versatile but still shouts quality, then you could do a lot worse. Not up there with my favourites by any means but I do find myself enjoying wearing Himalaya very much. Overall, a worthy addition to a collection.
23rd March, 2014
Not Creed's best, but overall, a good addition.

Before I bought this one, I did some research. A review once classified this as the workhorse of the Creed house and I tend to lean that way. A good every day scent. Could be worn to work daily. Very safe.

However, the opening is almost too floral for my taste. This can definitely be worn by either a man or a woman and would get no argument from me. I would not recommend Himalaya to someone who is new to Creed. Or to a man that is not "mature" or "confident enough" to pull this off.

Still good to bust out every once in a while on date night.

Pros: Longevity, projection
Cons: I agree that this is non-distinct, almost too floral"

07th September, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
Pleasant and fresh

The too note is traditional with citrus-bergamot freshness. But from the start a restrained scent. In the drydown a woody note with nutmeg is added, whilst vetiver keels up the fresh character, albeit somewhat attenuated. Towards the end the house-specific ambergris note and vanilla sweetness is emerging. Always close to my skin after the first half an hour, and gone after two hours. For warmer climes.

Pros: Fresh and restrained
Cons:

17th June, 2013
I'm re-rating this fragrance. I've tried samples multiple times, loved the smell, but felt it didn't last. I finally bought a FB, and the sprayer delivers a large dose. The longevity and Projection are MUCH longer than I first reported. True, it does settle down to a skin frag after a few hours, but it is FB worthy. It opens with a citrus blast mixed with a musk that causes the frag. to smell like soap. It dries down to a very clean soapy fragrance. Moral of the story: it's easy to get a handle on whether or not you like a frag. by a sample, but longevity and projection may not be accurate unless you use the whole sample at once.
02nd May, 2013 (last edited: 30th September, 2016)
Suitable for every day wear, this fragrance delivers in terms of sophistication without pretension. It's clean and fresh in the same way that Cool Water is, but there is far more complexity and longevity in Himalaya.
18th April, 2013
I love Himalaya. It's fresh. Two hours later it evolves into an elegant musky drydown.
31st October, 2012 (last edited: 15th September, 2014)
Thumbs up, way up. Nice classy fresh fragrance. Four sprays lasts me about 10 hours. Like all Creeds, it's expensive; but you can find a 4 oz selling on the internet for around $140. IMO, it's well worth it.
02nd February, 2012
surge Show all reviews
IMHO this fragrance isn't like the other Creed's that I enjoy (Aventus, Millisime Imperial, GIT) -- it lacks originality and that unique *whatever* that makes the other Creeds I like worth paying as much as I do for them. Himalaya doesn't seem to have that...whatever it is that I look for in a niche fragrance. It's not a bad fragrance by any means, there's just nothing that stands out about it to me that says "oh this is nice" -- or "oh this is definitely worth as much as I paid for it"

It's almost like this could be a brand name fragrance from guess or something.

Anyways...notewise, top is very fresh and citrus like.
I get a nice citrus blast, then musk and sandalwood.

I'd take Aventus over this fragrance any day of the week for any occaison....which is kind of a similar concept but the top is fruiter with Aventus, which I enjoy.

EDIT:

Alright I'm changing my mind about this one...giving it a thumbs up. It's a cool spring day in NY and Aventus just doesn't cut it for a work fragrance, so I decided to wear Himalaya to the office today...Aventus is too "loud" if you know what I mean, and SMWis too "quiet."

Himalaya, I think, is probably the *best* work fragrance, right there in the middle...fresh but not loud and not offensive...but it's still not worthy of the price that creed sells it for.
22nd January, 2012 (last edited: 17th May, 2012)
Creed = Expensive and classy fragrance!
Longevity is the main problem for most of the creed fragrances! (Or maybe all of them)
But overall quality is vey good and many of them smell great!
The opening is citrus bomb! It's very fresh and soapy and give you extra energy .
After one hour, become woody with a bit of citrus!
This is a very versatile fragrance that you can use it in all four seasons.
Projection is very good but longevity is average.
I get around 6 hour out of this and it's not fair for a $175 fragrance! (120ml)
Thumbs up because of great scent, very good quality and great projection.
07th November, 2011
A very clean non offensive scent. Also very unique. It has a creamy masculine smell that recieves many complements. Its became my work scent . Very soothing mellow fragrance. Love it.!! My go to summer frag .
23rd August, 2011 (last edited: 02nd January, 2013)
While not my favorite Creed it's still a really solid daily wearer and versatile. I don't get much citrus in this and to my nose it's mainly a creamy musk with a hint of pepper. Sillage is average and longevity isn't that great on my skin, but usually I get 5 hours out of it. Comparisons to Paco Rabanne XS are valid and it is a similar scent, but Himalaya has more going on and of course the quality is evident. It resembles MI more than any other Creed fragrance so if you like MI you'll probably enjoy Himalaya. Overall I'd recommend it if your looking for a masculine work fragrance or if you enjoy musk.
29th July, 2011
I can agree with who says that Himalaya is Creeds everyman fragrance (even if for me its more GIT) but it smell wonderfull...its fresh but in a warm way (...) and has 3 different phases, start very fresh and strong then become a little sour (and this is the less interesting phase) and finally is a great smooth and confortable skin scent...finally for me a great modern Creed
21st June, 2011
Himalaya is a fragrance which has 'moments'. First there is the opening moment, the citrus blast together with some spicy pepper and some accord which just comes off 'creamy'. It is very delicious at this point, heady, intoxicating. Later the warm woods blend in and it is still very beautiful. Then even later there is a moment of sourish, conventional amber which I don't like much, but this too passes and the drydown is soft, close to the skin, and nice. I've owned Himalaya a couple of times over the years. The memory of it stays with me. There is something about it that calls you back.
15th May, 2011
It is not hard to see why this is one of Olivier Creed's personal favorites! Himalaya is a magisterial scent, at once imposing yet sensual, warm yet cold, sweet yet firm. It really is a fragrance of extremes and dichotomous relationships. There is a great deal of citrus in the opening, which quickly segues into a heart of sandalwood and pepper, and then a base of cedar, ambergris, and musk. As with almost all of Creed's fragrances, the simplicity of the composition (that is to say, the low amount of individual notes) belies the sheer brilliance of the scent itself. I find it very difficult to describe this fragrance in words, so perhaps I will simply say that the name is truly a propos, for when one wears this, it is easy to envision trekking high atop an enormous snow-capped mountain. Despite the frigidity associated with this fragrance by many, it has a remarkable sweetness to it as well. Primarily characterized as a fresh and woody type of fragrance, I am stupefied by all of the negative reviews that complain that Himalaya is a blatant copycat of Paco Rabanne's XS--hogwash!!! Himalaya is an absolutely exquisite scent, with extreme amounts of sensuous energy. It truly is one of the best of the modern Millesimes, right up there with Bois du Portugal, Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, Tabarome Millesime, and the recently released Aventus.
24th April, 2011
It should have been named "Ugly Duckling"
When I first got it I was terribly disappointed, it was so generic, to me it smelled like hundred of other scents and worst of all, it did not smell like a Creed at all. It missed that unique Creed signature note that other Creeds have, so it went to the farthest corner of my closet and lied there forgotten for some time.
After a few months I was yearning for something I had not worn for a while and there I found it, in the hardest to reach corner of my closet and I sprayed on me and while it wasn't as bad as I remembered, still was nothing to write home about it but this time I left it in a more reachable spot and I started to use it a little more frecuently.
Everytime I wore it, the more I like it and now the ugly duckling has developed into this beautiful swan. I enjoy Himalaya a lot now and it is my number 2 Creed after SMW leaving way behind other Creeds like OV, OS and RW.
Actually I do not have experienced many Creeds yet, but now I can understand why this is Oliver's favorite.
30th March, 2011