Positive Reviews of Himalaya by Creed

Salutation.

If you Like to be different CREED Fragrances are For You.HIMALAYA?A Modern Classic that is Seemly for Any Season and Any Occasion.It is both Youthful and Mature Simultaneously. Bright,Fresh,Woody,Intelligent,Elegant, Clean,Charming and Masculine.

HIMALAYA is a fresh woods cologne with a Masculine Drydown. At first glance The Citrus burst is Strong like Often Fresh Scents but when the top notes go away you are Surrounded by a Wonderful smell and it makes a Statement saying I am a Reflection of one Lifestyle and Attitude.

Definitely One of those Masculine Colognes that Most men would fall in Love with it.Lovely For Ladies too.It reminds me of a garden after the Rain. A Beautiful Present.Anyway I think you can not Go wrong with CREED fragrances.

Sillage?Lovable.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.5/10
09th June, 2015
Flying relatively under the radar in the house of Creed, Himalaya retains the line's ambiguous "fresh" DNA with having more depth. Like Aventus, Himalaya walks the line between citrus and wood, and in that respect is both fresh and grounded in something earthy/spicy at the same time, and is versatile. The comparisons to Aventus should probably end here, though, as Aventus is far fresher / more centered around pineapple, and Himalaya is more a balance of several citruses and woods (cedar, sandal).

It opens mainly with these citruses (grapefruit, bergamot, lemon) and devolves into its woodier notes within an hour and holds these notes more at the forefront for its lifespan, still retaining the citrus as part of the mix.

I think the name is mistakenly cold weather-centric, as I find Himalaya to have all-season and day/night wearability. Projection and longevity are very good, but not great, and as such are consistent with Creed's other offerings, like Aventus.

8 out of 10

23rd April, 2015
I'm not sure why, this gets such bad reviews ? I could where this all the time . It is not a fascinating fragrance, but the ambergris is what always stands out to me, and makes this smell really nice . Spray some on your clothes, and the longevity, will be great . It lasts all day on me . One of the only two that I like, from Creed .
02nd January, 2015

I don't know if something can "smell" cold, but Himalaya really does live up to it's namesake.

When I tried it my immediate reaction was "this smells cold" which I found was a really odd thought to have, but it does.

Think of how it must smell when you are standing the the summit of everest and you will be close.

Extremely fresh and bracing, and, actually, very nice...
17th October, 2014
An enigmatic wonder of scented bliss. Yes, this begins with something odd, but very spring-ish! I feel clean wearing this fragrance. Then the drydown comes into play and I have an occasional blast of woods out of nowhere, yet not a dirty forest, but a Coors Beer commercial vibe! Mountains, and clean water cascading over mineraly rocks. This is an excellent blend. My spring scents are this, GIT, Tere D'Hermes, and Black Touch for spring evenings.
05th April, 2014
Cold, yet warm; sour, yet sweet. Himalaya is a conundrum and it's not surprising that it divides so many people.

The opening is a cold, citrus blast of alcohol. Unlike some, this doesn't grab me. It actually reminds me of that chemical odour of women's hairspray.

For me, though, Himalaya is all about the dry down. It stays somewhat austere on me for a good few hours as a cold, metallic note persists but then it develops into a lovely, warm sandalwood base, touched by a most agreeable incense note. I don't like incense but in this fragrance it really works for me.

I don't understand why so many reviewers have called Himalaya generic. I would agree that it doesn't belong to the familiar Creed family of fragrances, but I regard it as anything but generic. I also get the impression that this is a fragrance that projects more favourably than the wearer may realise. I know that sounds odd but those notes that rise from close quarters through the wearer's nasal passages, particularly for the first two or three hours, are definitely less revealing and balanced than they are for a receiving nose a couple of feet away.

I've had my bottle for about a year now and I wore Himalaya on a cold day recently after a fairly long break and I have to say it was a joy - more so than past outings. It has grown on me with time and I swear it has improved with age, like my bottle of Aventus. Or that could just be me, warming to it.

I also have a different experience with longevity to many reviewers. On that day, it was an absolute beast. I applied three sprays to the neck in the morning and my wife and I could still smell it after 13 hours, although it was naturally wearing closer to the skin by then. I did apply some unscented moisturiser to my neck first, so that may well have assisted.

If you want a fragrance that is inoffensive and versatile but still shouts quality, then you could do a lot worse. Not up there with my favourites by any means but I do find myself enjoying wearing Himalaya very much. Overall, a worthy addition to a collection.
23rd March, 2014
Not Creed's best, but overall, a good addition.

Before I bought this one, I did some research. A review once classified this as the workhorse of the Creed house and I tend to lean that way. A good every day scent. Could be worn to work daily. Very safe.

However, the opening is almost too floral for my taste. This can definitely be worn by either a man or a woman and would get no argument from me. I would not recommend Himalaya to someone who is new to Creed. Or to a man that is not "mature" or "confident enough" to pull this off.

Still good to bust out every once in a while on date night.

Pros: Longevity, projection
Cons: I agree that this is non-distinct, almost too floral"

07th September, 2013
Pleasant and fresh

The too note is traditional with citrus-bergamot freshness. But from the start a restrained scent. In the drydown a woody note with nutmeg is added, whilst vetiver keels up the fresh character, albeit somewhat attenuated. Towards the end the house-specific ambergris note and vanilla sweetness is emerging. Always close to my skin after the first half an hour, and gone after two hours. For warmer climes.

Pros: Fresh and restrained
Cons:

17th June, 2013
Suitable for every day wear, this fragrance delivers in terms of sophistication without pretension. It's clean and fresh in the same way that Cool Water is, but there is far more complexity and longevity in Himalaya.
18th April, 2013
I love Himalaya. It's fresh. Two hours later it evolves into an elegant musky drydown.
31st October, 2012 (last edited: 15th September, 2014)
Thumbs up, way up. Nice classy fresh fragrance. Four sprays lasts me about 10 hours. Like all Creeds, it's expensive; but you can find a 4 oz selling on the internet for around $140. IMO, it's well worth it.
02nd February, 2012
surge Show all reviews
IMHO this fragrance isn't like the other Creed's that I enjoy (Aventus, Millisime Imperial, GIT) -- it lacks originality and that unique *whatever* that makes the other Creeds I like worth paying as much as I do for them. Himalaya doesn't seem to have that...whatever it is that I look for in a niche fragrance. It's not a bad fragrance by any means, there's just nothing that stands out about it to me that says "oh this is nice" -- or "oh this is definitely worth as much as I paid for it"

It's almost like this could be a brand name fragrance from guess or something.

Anyways...notewise, top is very fresh and citrus like.
I get a nice citrus blast, then musk and sandalwood.

I'd take Aventus over this fragrance any day of the week for any occaison....which is kind of a similar concept but the top is fruiter with Aventus, which I enjoy.

EDIT:

Alright I'm changing my mind about this one...giving it a thumbs up. It's a cool spring day in NY and Aventus just doesn't cut it for a work fragrance, so I decided to wear Himalaya to the office today...Aventus is too "loud" if you know what I mean, and SMWis too "quiet."

Himalaya, I think, is probably the *best* work fragrance, right there in the middle...fresh but not loud and not offensive...but it's still not worthy of the price that creed sells it for.
22nd January, 2012 (last edited: 17th May, 2012)
Creed = Expensive and classy fragrance!
Longevity is the main problem for most of the creed fragrances! (Or maybe all of them)
But overall quality is vey good and many of them smell great!
The opening is citrus bomb! It's very fresh and soapy and give you extra energy .
After one hour, become woody with a bit of citrus!
This is a very versatile fragrance that you can use it in all four seasons.
Projection is very good but longevity is average.
I get around 6 hour out of this and it's not fair for a $175 fragrance! (120ml)
Thumbs up because of great scent, very good quality and great projection.
07th November, 2011

A very clean non offensive scent. Also very unique. It has a creamy masculine smell that recieves many complements. Its became my work scent . Very soothing mellow fragrance. Love it.!! My go to summer frag .
23rd August, 2011 (last edited: 02nd January, 2013)
While not my favorite Creed it's still a really solid daily wearer and versatile. I don't get much citrus in this and to my nose it's mainly a creamy musk with a hint of pepper. Sillage is average and longevity isn't that great on my skin, but usually I get 5 hours out of it. Comparisons to Paco Rabanne XS are valid and it is a similar scent, but Himalaya has more going on and of course the quality is evident. It resembles MI more than any other Creed fragrance so if you like MI you'll probably enjoy Himalaya. Overall I'd recommend it if your looking for a masculine work fragrance or if you enjoy musk.
29th July, 2011
I can agree with who says that Himalaya is Creeds everyman fragrance (even if for me its more GIT) but it smell wonderfull...its fresh but in a warm way (...) and has 3 different phases, start very fresh and strong then become a little sour (and this is the less interesting phase) and finally is a great smooth and confortable skin scent...finally for me a great modern Creed
21st June, 2011
Himalaya is a fragrance which has 'moments'. First there is the opening moment, the citrus blast together with some spicy pepper and some accord which just comes off 'creamy'. It is very delicious at this point, heady, intoxicating. Later the warm woods blend in and it is still very beautiful. Then even later there is a moment of sourish, conventional amber which I don't like much, but this too passes and the drydown is soft, close to the skin, and nice. I've owned Himalaya a couple of times over the years. The memory of it stays with me. There is something about it that calls you back.
15th May, 2011
It is not hard to see why this is one of Olivier Creed's personal favorites! Himalaya is a magisterial scent, at once imposing yet sensual, warm yet cold, sweet yet firm. It really is a fragrance of extremes and dichotomous relationships. There is a great deal of citrus in the opening, which quickly segues into a heart of sandalwood and pepper, and then a base of cedar, ambergris, and musk. As with almost all of Creed's fragrances, the simplicity of the composition (that is to say, the low amount of individual notes) belies the sheer brilliance of the scent itself. I find it very difficult to describe this fragrance in words, so perhaps I will simply say that the name is truly a propos, for when one wears this, it is easy to envision trekking high atop an enormous snow-capped mountain. Despite the frigidity associated with this fragrance by many, it has a remarkable sweetness to it as well. Primarily characterized as a fresh and woody type of fragrance, I am stupefied by all of the negative reviews that complain that Himalaya is a blatant copycat of Paco Rabanne's XS--hogwash!!! Himalaya is an absolutely exquisite scent, with extreme amounts of sensuous energy. It truly is one of the best of the modern Millesimes, right up there with Bois du Portugal, Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, Tabarome Millesime, and the recently released Aventus.
24th April, 2011
It should have been named "Ugly Duckling"
When I first got it I was terribly disappointed, it was so generic, to me it smelled like hundred of other scents and worst of all, it did not smell like a Creed at all. It missed that unique Creed signature note that other Creeds have, so it went to the farthest corner of my closet and lied there forgotten for some time.
After a few months I was yearning for something I had not worn for a while and there I found it, in the hardest to reach corner of my closet and I sprayed on me and while it wasn't as bad as I remembered, still was nothing to write home about it but this time I left it in a more reachable spot and I started to use it a little more frecuently.
Everytime I wore it, the more I like it and now the ugly duckling has developed into this beautiful swan. I enjoy Himalaya a lot now and it is my number 2 Creed after SMW leaving way behind other Creeds like OV, OS and RW.
Actually I do not have experienced many Creeds yet, but now I can understand why this is Oliver's favorite.
30th March, 2011
For me I always feel special when I am wearing a Creed fragrance and I do like Himalaya a lot. It has a ice cool soapy smell to it and I like how the white musk has been blended within its composition.

This is a anytime and anywhere fragrance and if I am ever in doubt what to wear for a particular occasion I always reach for this one. Its a safe bet and never lets you down.
21st March, 2011
MOONB Show all reviews
Maybe I'm just in a good mood today, but despite all the information suggesting an opposite outcome, I'm oddly drawn to Himalaya. I find the comparisons to Paco Rabanne XS hard to believe, not to the credibility of other reviewers, but because the only fragrance that seems related to it is Quorum by Antonio Puig. For a perfume that is written off as "nothing remarkable", "not ground-breaking", and "forgettable", there's a heck of a lot going on here. Lurking beneath the prominent notes of cedar, pink pepper, sandalwood, and ambergris, are components that, taken together, comprise the mythical "gunpowder note" at Himalaya's core. I perceive this note as being not just one, but several elements - namely cyclamen aldehyde, which tints the fragrance into a shade of green, carnation, which introduces a rich sweetness, and pine, exhibited here in such a small dose as to make its presence seem ghost-like and smoky. This accord, in conjunction with the typical creamy Creed sandalwood, creates a scent that conjures imagery of Buddhist temples, incense-sweetened pews, and fresh breezes through cut flowers. It occurs to me that Olivier's interpretation of a Himalayan climb may rest more in the remote temples of Burma and Nepal, and less in the fresh snowy icecaps they're nestled in. As time passes, the integration of Himalaya's notes intensifies, and mellows into a very mild and mellow pepper, carnation, sandalwood, and ambergris. This fragrance is very understated, mature, introspective. I like it. Longevity is around 3 hours, with 2 of them strictly skin-scent. Application to fabric enhances that a little. Sillage is modest, and this requires intimacy to be fully appreciated. Here is perhaps where Himalaya falls short - it is pleasant and well-made, but not what I would consider a sexy, come-hither scent. Be that as it may, it's something worth checking out.
16th March, 2011
Ohh I like this one! Creed Himalaya is very versatille, and it`s perfect for absolutely any occasions, seasons, and age. Casual, formal, summer, winter, day, night..if you`r looking for one Creed that fits all these criterias, you must try Himalaya. It`s both cool and warm, icy-fresh, oriental- woody, and very modern. The clean freshness makes it perfect for casual, daytime/work scent, and the heavyness makes it great as a more stylish classy evening scent for restaurant/ theatre/ bar etc. Someone complaint against the longevity. On my skin, it`s just perfect. Actually one of the best from this company. The bottle... Wow! It`s a sight for sore eyes!
08th February, 2011
its a lame cologne ,nothing good too musky .I bought it for a mistake if I have change to exchange it would be for a bottle of vodka.
26th January, 2011
This is a really good fragrance but I noticed as time went on it started to smell like Incense in the Catholic Church. Reminds me of frankincense, benzoin, and sandalwood. It's very unique. Longevity wasn't that big of an issue as some have stated. I do notice keeping your cologne cooler tends to give it more longevity. I suggest you try before you buy. But it's worth having in your collection.
09th August, 2010
I can honestly say I have found the one. Being new to fragrences, I figured my journey to find my perfect scent would take me years and thousands of dollars. This was I think the 5th frag I bought so I didn't get too deep into my impulse buys before I found this one (and I bought it blind from fragrencenet, which I have gotten burned before buying blind but I lucked out this time).

I'm a very under the radar guy, love clean soapy peppery scents, and this is the greatest. I will wear this stuff for the rest of my life. I receive compliments on this daily. It smells fantastic. I wear it to bed, to work, to the gym, to the bar, to the lake, to the grocery store, to get an oil change, you name it, this stuff will fit the bill.

The only other frag that sounds like it's going to be my type is mulger cologne and I can't wait to get my hands on some of it.

2 thumbs up.
02nd August, 2010
I love this one - spicy and fresh at the same time. My 'go to' scent
14th July, 2010
Peppery and soapy, really just a fun scent. It's strong at first, perfect for the beginning of an evening's events, and then lightens and wears close to he skin for quite some time, say 7-8 hours. I don't buy cologne for the following reason, but I've found that women really love it, which is a really a nice added touch. Again, not a deciding factor for me, but hey, I'll take it, lol. It is also a wonderful day scent; it is great for anything really, very versatile.

This has become my favorite scent by Creed, moving ahead of GIT and Green Valley. In fact this is my second favorite scent next to Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory, which is without a doubt the most intoxicating, amazing, and beautiful scent I have ever smelled. I know that sounds excessive, but I mean every word; that perfume is truly a revelation. The two scents are as different as nigh and day. I digress; Himalaya is cool and fresh and really perfect for any occasion. It also wears well year-round, but I prefer it in the winter, when it seems to project a bit more. If you are in to high-end frags, you could do far worse than this; it has a permanent place in my rotation.
24th January, 2010
I've skirted around the edges of Creed since I really became interested in fragrances, approaching via Penhaligon's and L'Artisan Parfumeur, amongst others. I figured it was finally time to get involved, and first ordered a sample of Himalaya. My first impression was one of massive annoyance - I had hoped not to like it, only for the sake of my wallet and my bank manager's hair.

Unfortunately it is wonderful - complex and refined. There's a hard centre surrounded by a flowery masculinity, kind of like Rutger Hauer wearing a sarong. My bank manager is now completely bald and I'm impecunious, but nothing much matters :)
05th October, 2009
tnamey Show all reviews
Simply wonderful and sophisticated. Best Creed, with the exception of Bois d' Portugal. An all year frag, whose only major weakness is longevity, in terms of projection. But is remains close to skin for 7-8 hours.
19th September, 2009
Tony T Show all reviews
peppery, clean delight. nothing fancy,just a lingering accord from beginning to end. an established scent for the established man
08th September, 2009