Reviews

Reviews of Essence Pure pour Homme by S.T. Dupont

Salutation.

ESSENCE PURE is a real Stunner!Generic and Simple.It remindes me a lot of other Colognes.Yes it is similar Aquatic scent but much sharper than them.

Fresh,Summery and Strong.Grapefruit is one of my favorite notes in Cologne and it is quite dominant in this one.it is for powerful and Enegetic men.I cant find Woody notes on my skin!

Anyway if you are looking for A cheap fragrance for Everyday Use Or Sea holidays this is a Perfect choice.Also the Longevity is Good.

6.25/10
13th May, 2015
Although I had small number of frags before, this was my FIRST really serious cologne buy! so I've nostalgic emotions with this.
It's a SAFE, cool & fruity scent with WONDERFUL sillage and very good longevity for its own genre. also a compliment getter for me even after one decade! so I bought another bottle after previous one went empty. I've also gifted this more than any scent to my dears and they had been wearing this frequently. also think can be weared by a female in warm weather very commonly!
but there's something very important to me with this scent:
it's no way offensive how much you overapply this, it is safe & projects politely!
something different to me & at least a must try...
Two thumbs up!
17th February, 2012 (last edited: 28th February, 2012)
At first it remind me of Cool Water but after couple of weeks using it, I felt that this has something interesting. The ozonic notes and warm aquatic aura due to it's cedar ingredient really make Essence Pure is little different from other aquatic fragrance.

4 Hours longevity, polite silage and casual/easy going impression. That's all. Basically, I like it but not love it. Use it prior to swim and see how it evolve then. AWESOME..!
04th May, 2010

A spicy aquatic with a bite: doubtless due to its geranium note. Okay, but not one that I get excited over.
12th February, 2010
Green and cedar woods with a light almost fruity instance throughout. The cedar really shines in this. Nice and casual with good sillage and longevity for office wear.
23rd July, 2008
Essence Pure starts with a sharp and acid green accord that can annoy sensible souls. Then it really incorporates a watery smell, a bit difficult to describe, but obviously refreshing. After an hour or so, It gets thicker with a still refreshing and clean powdery smell. It's a nice casual fragrance and a good choice for summer days, just don't except anything original or outstanding.
01st July, 2008
a safe choice for office wear. very subtle and light. fruity and fresh. the first notes dwelling at your nose are "star anise"(ı got the anise but star? i've only read about it) and that ozonic note (i found it like azzaro chrome's sythetic top plus lanvin l'homme)... low sillage (good point for office) but decent longevity. there's one more thing i want to say; if you apply 2-3 sprays, you get %70 fresh fruity notes and %30 anise, but if you apply 5-6 or more sprays, then you smell like you have worn a very light version of lolita lempicka au masculin. finally; it is an okay fragrance but no more.

so i give a neutral for the mean subtleness.
14th May, 2008
Checked this one yesterday, as it was the only one I wasn't tried from the S.T.Dupont line.

Sprayed on paper, the first notes were fruity, grapefruit and tangerine according to the tester bottle, plus a surprising sensation of cold and fresh air, like a freezer or an air conditioner... surely the ozone note. A fresh and soft green note of bamboo and final notes of soft woods, in an oceanic vein.

Fresh and cooling, like a oceanic breeze, for spring and summer times, daytime and office use. Age range around 25-40 years old.
01st March, 2007
i love Essence Pure pour Homme! i think it's truly unisex fragrance, and as such it's a lot more interesting then, say, CK1 or CK B. the scent is light and a little sweet, and i think it's very suitable for women who don't like heavy sweet scents.
12th October, 2006
An aromatic / green fragrance that I would like to love, but I just can’t get excited about it. The citrus / ozonic opening seems more green than citrus to me—the bamboo notes are dominant—and I immediately pick up a strong cedar presence. It seems to be on the order of Hei by Sung, and although it has more presence than Hei, I’m not sure it is any more successful. As an aromatic green, it is an alternative to the endless lineups of citruses and aquatics, but I prefer something like Sander for Man with its ivy notes and light incense in the base. S.T. Dupont’s Essence Pure Pour Homme is a good fragrance but basically a not-too-exciting green aromatic.
17th September, 2006
An impulse purchase that has turned into one of my favorites. Sort of an ozone-aquatic-blue-flannel smell that's hard to describe, but you don't forget it once you've tried it. As a previous reviewer says, it's an excellent summer scent - and a great addition to the fragrance rotation for anyone in a hot and humid climate. Sophisticated and cool - the Bombay Sapphire of scents.
22nd July, 2005
the top notes smells fresh,green(very
generic),the drydown smells a bit similar to Montana green(this is a better option).
30th July, 2004