Neutral Reviews of Cologne Sologne by Nicolaï

Genre: Citrus

Brisk green notes, bittersweet citrus and smooth lavender open Cologne Sologne in the classic eau de Cologne manner. Some woods, orange blossom, and additional aromatics appear in the background, but again in traditional eau de Cologne manner, there isn't much more to the development. Cologne Sologne is very smooth and nicely balanced, but I don't find much that's unique or individual about its composition. Nice, but no more than that.
11th June, 2014
A good traditional citrus cologne. High quality. I like it better than AdP Colonia. Longevity is what you'd expect. Probably in the top tier of the genre, but still nothing ground-breaking.
07th August, 2011
Nice cologne. Good office wear. Very linear. Nothing special.
19th November, 2008

I don't know that I'd compare it to 4711, which is one of cheapest, least refined scents in existence. Sologne IS a classic cologne, very soft and refined, and reminds me more of a sweeter Hermes Eau d'orage Verte. Doesn't last long, of course, but it's not bad. I don't know if it is worth the price and the difficulty in finding a PdN stockist, but overall a nice addition for spring/summer.
02nd December, 2006