Reviews of Hedwig by Demeter Fragrance Library

Find out more about Hedwig by Demeter Fragrance Library in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

sewsewdef's avatar
    sewsewdef

I'm an enormous fan of the show this scent is based on, and so I had to go out and buy this just for kicks. What I learned was that, while it may be fun to watch a sad German ex-pat botched transexual garage rocker, it is quite another thing to go around smelling like one.

Demeter is generally on the nose with their fragrances, and this one is no different. I have no doubt this is actually what Hedwig would smell like in real life (industrial cosmetics, stale air, alcoholic mintiness). The question really is, do you want to smell like this?

03 August, 2011

ashby's avatar
    ashby
    Spain Spain

This scent is inspired by the play and movie "Hedwig and the Angry Inch," about a transsexual rock-star wannabe, and the scent is, kid you not, reminiscent of hairspray, stale cigarettes and motel room. I spritzed a bit of this and the room smelled like a bar the rest of the day. This truly does remind me of the way my clothes smell when I've spent all night at a very smokey bar.

06 November, 2005