Reviews of Bora Bora for Men by Liz Claiborne

Find out more about Bora Bora for Men by Liz Claiborne in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

OCNBreeze7's avatar

Bora Bora by Liz Claiborne smells great and is a "steal of a deal"...

Bora Bora is a clean and fresh fragrance with a mild spice undertone. While definitely unique, it is comparable or a between Diesel (Fuel for Life) and Versace Pour Homme.

My reviews generally consider the following areas: price/value, appeal/smell, "wow factor" (compliments), longevity, uniqueness, best time of year worn or occasion, and easy on the nose (and bottle on the eyes).

The real beauty of Bora Bora is the price/value. For the money, it cannot be passed-up to add to your collection. Secondary to the price, is the "Wow Factor". My cologne collected has extended to the point where I wear Bora Bora about twice a year. Each time it is worn, I receive at least one compliment from the opposite sex. That is huge in "my book". Bora Bora also scores well with longevity. I am especially fond of applying a moderate amount of any fragrance in the morning prior to the work day and it lasting the day without needing a reapplication.

If you are into defining an occasion to wear B/B, I would think it works well for any season, time of day, or event. After the initial application, the essence smoothes out to an easygoing fragrance without being overbearing.

I give Bora Bora 4.6 years out of 5 stars. It is under-rated in the cologne arena, a great value, and I definitely recommend adding to your collection.

29th January, 2013

Swanky's avatar

Boring Boring would be a better name.

30th June, 2012

noirdrakkar's avatar

The scent is very sweet, and like all other sweet scents, skin chemistry is a crucial of whether it is a good or bad scent.

It smells like something that would be great for a teenager. Adults will probably want something more sophisticated, but shouldn't rule it out until they've tried it.

Its very low price (1/3 of most colognes) is also a strong point.

If you are a serious collector, you may want to include this in your collection as you may like all different kinds of fragrances, however at the same time, serious collectors are probably familiar with other colognes that do what this one tries to do, but better.

Seasons: All around

Age Group: Under 25

Blind Buy: It's relatively safe. If you don't like it, it won't be because it is offensive, but maybe because it's not distinct enough or because you are used to higher quality ingredients.

Everyone won't like this, but I do.

04th February, 2012 (Last Edited: 11th April, 2013)

lupin's avatar

Not good. Not good at all.

Starts out smelling pretty interesting, but just as soon as I'm able to make sense of what I'm smelling... it turns to plastic. Just a terrible,cheap, soapy, artificial, and incredibly pungent stink that hangs around for a good long time.

28th November, 2011

Darvant's avatar

Bora bora is the kind of scent that is nice to wear at morning, an hot summer morning, while roaming by an air conditioned car for the streets of Caracas or Salvador de Bahia. This is an exotic fruity ozonic bit airy and a touch green with the depth of tasty fruits of kiwi, quince and delicious fig and with a final gingery, woodsy and bit airy dry down. A floral note of hybiscus provides a touch of tropical exoticism and sophistication. The final wake is fresh, fruity, boise and powdery. A very pleasant easy scent for an easy life.

11th July, 2011 (Last Edited: 06th September, 2012)

TropiRock's avatar

Very nice and I am surprised at all the negative ratings. I suppose it goes to show our diverse tastes! Bora Bora is fruity with a little ginger underneath, then evolves into a gingery, powdery drydown. Quality is excellent! Great sillage and all-day longevity. It is certainly bottle-worthy, especially at the $15 price from Marshalls. Gotta give Bora Bora an enthusiastic Thumbs Up.

13th March, 2010

perfumista's avatar

I accidentally tried the men's cologne and was enchanted by the top notes, however, when they say this is a fougere, they aren't kidding. It actually reminded me of a citrus/ aquatic type of scent until the middle and drydown.

If you like sillage and lasting power, this is the cologne for you.

08th March, 2010

chamelion's avatar

bora bora is a boring spicy woodsy scent like everything else except less appealing and the notes do not quite mix

i smell it "needing" something and i would have to mix this with something to make it good

24th September, 2009

The1's avatar

Very fresh somewhat soapy scent, great lasting power. I wear it when I know Im going to be active and I feel this is when it truly turns into a unique manly scent on my skin that the ladies love

23rd April, 2009

vdxxl's avatar

Romania Romania

Well, I don't see any link of this crap to the beautiful island of Bora Bora. Not at all. It really smells worse than your generic str8/mustang cologne. The bottle is really nice, but the juice screams loud : "CHEAP! VERY CHEAP! GENERIC! OLD MAN AFTER-SHAVE!". Not exotic at all. If you're looking for something exotic, try Escada, they're great: Sentiment( great smell, but not very lasting), Sunset Heat, Moon Sparkle.

28th March, 2009

lex's avatar

been years but i remember back then that i never wore it wore outside the house,didnt like it.seems like it was a rush scent.

15th March, 2009

distortech's avatar

I just got this as a gift from a friend who thought I would like it. Well, where as it smells like a rainforest and I the hibiscus in it is rather pleasant, the sinus headache that ensues is not pleasant all.

Avoid like the plague if you have allergies.

13th September, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

Kind of bland and "cheap" (relatively speaking). Watery spice. Like Mambo without the heavy spice and amber. I can see why some might like this.

11th July, 2008

yolanchris's avatar

Guyana Guyana

This fragrance is great especially the base notes. It has great staying power and charisma. If you want to smell interesting use it.

02nd November, 2007

encarnacion2's avatar

Venezuela Venezuela

Here in the tropic it smells very good (the best choice for summer) it reminds me the rainforest of my country, full fougere (I mean very masculine so) bamboo, grass…no overpower but with good long-lasting, womens loves it ´cause smell “Macho”

03rd January, 2007

flee's avatar

Tried a few years ago and it didn't get my attention not one bit. Smells so basic.

28th May, 2006

stevef's avatar

Bland, generic scent that only seems appropriate for a young boy wanting to smell like something.

12th August, 2005

20scents's avatar

I really *want* to like this. But though it starts out interesting, it then gives me a bit of a headache and seems quite boring. :( (Pity, for I can get a *large* bottle of this at the local Ross store. :-/ )

24th October, 2004

EricM's avatar

This one I hated at first sniff. Every time I've worn it since my opinion of it went up some. It's heavy on the figs, and quite fruity. I'm to the point now that I like it, but don't know that I'd give it a thumbs up yet. Wish it had more of that Claiborne musk base that most of them seem to have. Doesn't evolve much after being applied.

23rd December, 2002

Stuey's avatar

Seems bora boring to me. I felt it was similar to Curve yet not as good. Not offensive, but I wouldn't buy it. Like most Claiborne scents every other guy will buy it and you'll smell Bora Bora on subways, in restuarants, in grocery stores, way too often

12th August, 2002