Reviews of Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

Find out more about Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

knightstorme's avatar
    knightstorme

I bought this cologne when it was first introduced. I it the first time I smelled it. It seems to last all day on me and it's not to strong. I have repeatedly received comments from ladies about how good it smells. This is one of the few colognes I have bought twice when I ran out. On the ladies love scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest, I give it a 9.2.

23 March, 2006

The_Giraffe's avatar
    The_Giraffe

Fresh, nice, and there is nothing offensive about it. Sounds good, right? NO, cuz it is really boring and doesn't last very long. there are MUCH better fresh choices out there. On the other hand, you could do worse. I say keep lookin'.

25 February, 2006

Legends's avatar
    Legends

Yeah it is nice- but Polo Black is much better, especially if you like this. Longer lasting too.

19 February, 2006

Francoise_Papiran's avatar
    Francoise_Papiran

This is almost a good scent. It’s not a standout sexy smell and the top notes are so overpowering. However, the dry down on it was nasty on me and fades after 20 minutes. The dry down is very weak so be prepared to carry the bottle everywhere with you if you want maximum effect. Polo Blue it’s not a bad fragrance but I prefer Bvlgari Blv.

09 February, 2006

blackzarg's avatar
    blackzarg

A very "generic" smell, but it is not a bad smell. People will not be able tell you are wearing polo blue, thoug, because it is not very unique. A for Lasting long and smelling great. C for unoriginality.

22 January, 2006

scenteur7's avatar
    scenteur7

Oh, please.

Yes, it smells nice...nice for a 14 year old's first cologne.

16 January, 2006

gator's avatar
    gator

Not a fan, smeels like everything else out there. Try looking for something better

23 December, 2005

castorpollux's avatar
    castorpollux

It's a tipical men's cologne. I didn't like it at all. oh and it's not really "aquatic".

12 December, 2005

dymitchell's avatar
    dymitchell

It does have a somewhat plesant scent when you first put it on. A few seconds later it's completely gone. Polo Blue has virtually no lasting power.

10th December, 2005

takemyhusbandplz's avatar
    takemyhusbandplz

Smells good on my hubbie, BUT the lasting power is just horrible. Think 3 minutes tops! Too bad because, I love the basil base!

03 December, 2005 (Last Edited: 12 April, 2006)

incedal's avatar
    incedal

Smells nice to me, fresh but not sweet, like it alot, would recommend.

16 November, 2005

teflondog's avatar
    teflondog

It's a typical fresh scent, but I guess the cucumber note is enough to distinguish it from the rest. It's very refreshing after a shower, especially during the hot season. It's casual and I wear it whenever I need an uplifting scent. It won't overpower yet it still manages to attract some attention. I've gotten a few inquiries about it despite it being such a common fragrance(you would expect people to instantly recognize it). Lasting power is decent at most though.

11th November, 2005

JohnnyH's avatar
    JohnnyH

It's just unoriginal. The more I smell it the more I hate it. Forget about this junk...

09 October, 2005 (Last Edited: 05 January, 2006)

wedge's avatar
    wedge

Not your average aquatic scent. The 'aquatic' note is implicit, due to the use of cucumber. Very refreshing and pleasant, quite inoffensive. Can definitely detect the 'Ralph Lauren house note' of oakmoss.

29 September, 2005

IPaidForThisName's avatar
    IPaidForThisName

I hate to say it, but I like this a lot more than the original, and that’s REALLY saying a lot. This is a pleasant ‘enough’ aquatic fragrance. Now, it’s synonymous with high school campuses and dances. This is one I can live without.

25 September, 2005

20scents's avatar
    20scents

At first, as with others here, I didn't care for this one too much. But once I got past the tester card and smelled it on a couple guys at work and elsewhere, I was hooked on its very clean, manly, spicy quality that wasn't loud in the least. It has an airy, watery quality to it which is different from the original Polo (which I will always like). A good outing scent, as well as for the office; sure to attract positive attention!

12 September, 2005

Allen-at-home's avatar
    Allen-at-home

I would describe this scent as "mediocre": nothing special, nothing to remember. I expected more from Ralph Lauren... especially since I was a huge fan of the original green. I will save my money for something with a little more personality.

04 September, 2005

Vegas's avatar
    Vegas

The cucumber and basil give the fragrance the nicest (almost guaranteed to not offend) water scent I've smelled. Perfectly casual and despite what others say, distinctive. Very nice on a warm summer day. I think it needs to be about 10 dollars cheaper and it would be perfect. I can't detect any wood in this one, just the basil at the end and cucumber. Receives many compliments every time I wear it. Overall, I figure this to be a mild and clean aquatic with the best take on a "blue" fragrance I've tried. Also, this is definitely a daytime scent, although it would work at night as well. Longevity is a bit below average, lasting about 3-4 hours and staying closer to the skin. You might want to take some with you in case you need to freshen up.

02 September, 2005

cookesoul's avatar
    cookesoul

I wore this one to work one day and a beautiful young lady came up to me and told me that I smelled really good, gave me her name and phone number, and left on the post-it note "Call Me!!!" I've never had this happen with any other fragrance.

31st August, 2005

chris2005's avatar
    chris2005

You can't go wrong with this. Some people commented on it's floral and watery scent, and I have to say that description is right on. Very light and pleasing, it doesn't hit you in the face like some other colognes. A pleasent scent for everyday use.

29 August, 2005

FragranceFan255's avatar
    FragranceFan255

I view the original Polo with loathing. How, or why, it became soo popular is beyond me. But this isn't about Polo, it's about the redemption that is Polo Blue. Definitely a straight up daytime wear cologne perfect for work or play. The melon top notes are easily picked out right away. Smells nice, but after smelling soaps, lotions, shampoos, etc. with a cucumber-melon fad raging locomotive, it almost was a bit boring just because of that. Does increase acceptance among the masses though. As the topnotes leave the stage the mandarin orange is apparent through the entire progression of the life of the scent. There is a sticky quality to the fragrance, particuarly the aformentioned citrus. But as a result the scent has very respectable staying power. In overview it's a pretty straightforward scent without any surprises. Pretty much what you sniff is what you get, notwithstanding the slight changes that individual body chemistry would have. A good choice for the uninitiated or easily offended.

09 August, 2005

MonkeyManMatt's avatar
    MonkeyManMatt
    Sweden Sweden

Topping my list of most pointless launches this decade together with the 2 recent Zegnas, Morgan de Toi and a handfull others. Sharp, sour, run of the mill garbage. The cucumber note is especially bad, and what a shame that they failed to use such a cool note in a good way.

The only positive thing about Polo Blue is that it lasts for approximately 1 hour.

08 August, 2005

purinzzang's avatar
    purinzzang

Refreshing aquatic scent that is still mascular without being overpowering and strong.
    Top note has some melon like smell and it also lasts quite long.
    Type of scent that shouldn't disturb anyone. It's still subtle enough :)

07 February, 2005

Dusan's avatar
    Dusan
    Serbia Serbia

I would have to agree with a lot of people here. The scent is indeed clean and fresh (which I don't find so captivating as so many others do), but it melts down into a wonderful mixture of water and musk which I find so warm and pleasing, quite reminiscent of a mild summer afternoon. Pity its lasting power is (by all accounts) small. Still, I would give it a try.

23 November, 2004

vijayagopalp's avatar
    vijayagopalp

I first didn't liked this when I tried at a local mall because of the strong top notes. After wearing this for few minutes the fragrance settles into a nice mild and natural scent which is very pleasant and manly. As I started wearing day to day it turned out to be one of my favourite. Its worth it for the price. I paid $48 for a 4.5Oz EDT. I am sure for those who like mild and smooth scent this is a good choice to look at.

01st November, 2004

AlphaBrahma's avatar
    AlphaBrahma

This is a very good, well balanced, scent that is an absolute steal for the price.

13 August, 2004

gigantor's avatar
    gigantor

Great anytime anywhere stuff.

18 April, 2004

Sydneyguy's avatar
    Sydneyguy

I like this, a lot better than the original!! One of the better smells out there

17 February, 2004

D_mcrae's avatar
    D_mcrae

I am not a great fan of Ralph Lauren Fragrances, except for the Original Polo
    But I recently sampled Polo blue.its alright but the funny thing is that there is a company called AXE they make anumber of lines of bodyspray, I am not sure if the company is American or British but the bodysprays are quite good and inexpensive, anyhow, one of the fragrance on the line is called TSUNAMI and it has an uncanny resemblance to Polo blue, I even did a test where I spray some each on separate hands and compare..AXE TSUNAMI cost $7, I collect fragrances too, I bought it 2 yrs ago..before blue was release...My point..its good but does not have the distinction of the original POLO

19 December, 2003

seinfun's avatar
    seinfun

Thumbs up to Polo Blue ...Light, clean and masculine . If you want to smell good in an uncomplicated way this is for you !

28 November, 2003